It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Romney breaks away in Iowa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The day after Mitt Romney opened the door to another possible presidential run, a new poll shows he has a huge lead among likely 2016 Iowa Republican caucus voters.

According to a USA Today/Suffolk University poll released Wednesday, 35 percent of likely GOP caucus voters would vote for the 2012 GOP nominee in 2016. When Romney’s name was added to the pool, no other candidate received double-digit votes. (Source)

For pity's sakes, is this really the best that we can do? The guy was a total failure in 2012, has done nothing since, and yet Republicans think he's good for another go?

I can't seem to find the quote now, but I recall someone in the RNC saying, after Romney's defeat in 2012, "We had no message, and sent out the world's worst messenger to deliver it." How would that be any different today?

I'm a centralist who has voted for the GOP in the past, but I wouldn't vote for this elitist idiot if he gave me $100 to do so. It's in times like this that it seems obvious that the system is designed to fail.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If that's all we are going to have to choose from this go round, then this will be the first time that I will not even bother to drag myself up and out of this cesspool of apathy and cast a faux vote. Seriously.

I am sick and tired of continuously voting for the lesser of two evils or throwing away my vote on a third party candidate simply because people can't get their shiite together enough to actually cast their own vote for someone that is outside of the fabled and fabulous two party system.

It's unbelievable how people still toe that line. I'm done being pissed on and told that it's raining. Absolutely done and absolutely disgusted by the whole thing.

If Americans can't do any better than this, then I suppose we deserve exactly what we get.

This is why we can't have nice things.
edit on 8/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh dear god NO make it
PLEASE

This rich out-of-touch idiot is the last thing we need. Hillary is even worse. We are screwed. How did it all become lawyers and business people? Sad. Pathetic. No hope for America. None. We are done here.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Well since the U.S. Constitution was devised by the rich to protect their assets from monarchy rule.. I'd say it's been going on since the beginning.

edit on 29-8-2014 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Fret, not! Polls can be skewed to say whatever one wants it to say. And then there's this from the article: "...In Wednesday’s SURVEY OF 170 LIKELY CAUCUS VOTERS, 9 percent said they would vote for former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, putting him in a distant second to Romney. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum both came in third at 6 percent, while Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul tied for fifth with 5 percent..."

Really? 170 voters is enough to determine the likely outcome? I know they say it is, but I've never bought into that! What was it? 170 Romney employees, perhaps? LOL

And if Romney does decide to run, can he prove, IN ADVANCE, that he's a natural born citizen as defined in Vattel's Law of Nations, as defined in Minor vs. Happersett? Ditto for Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, Rick Santorum?

It's my opinion that these FAKE polls are given to us so that when 'they' rig the electronic voting machines, we will not question the results. See, he was way ahead in that poll! Pffffbbtttt!

I also am amused that Rand Paul is now in very last place. Isn't that convenient? He's been ahead for quite some time. "They" are terrified of Rand...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Cue Clint Eastwood

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'd like to apologize to everyone. My fellow Iowans have not been thinking with a clear mind.

We seem to have a large group of loons within the Iowa GOP, such as Steve King and some other hardcore birthers and fundamentalists.
During the last election, there was a bit of hope for the Iowa GOP when the Ron Paul supporters began to take over key positions within the state party, but they were quickly given the boot and replaced with establishment boobs.

So again, I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have allways thought the more a person wants to be president, the more you probably don't want that person there.

I can't imagine him getting elected, maybe it's a setup to give the election to Hillary? Worked great for Obama.

Man we need some real people in Washington for a change. lawyers, elitists, big business, bankers, they are killing us.

Oh and Clint Eastwood, would vote for him in a second!
edit on 8 29 2014 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I can't imagine him getting elected, maybe it's a setup to give the election to Hillary? Worked great for Obama.

That's what I was alluding to in my OP -- what better way to throw the election to the Democrats (whoever that works out to be) than by nominating the worst candidate possible? The guy has already failed twice, but third time's the charm, right?

Wrong.

The GOP needs to get their heads out of their butts and nominate someone who can actually get elected. Rand Paul comes to mind, but I'll take anyone over the terminally clueless, eminently unelectable Mitt Romney.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

A review of our candidates for presidential consideration in 2016:

- Filthy Rich Guy A
- Filthy Rich Gal B
- Filthy Rich Guy C
- Mega Wealthy Filthy Rich Dark Horse (?)

And soon they'll be off to the races across the Hedonic Ironic States Of America. Neck and neck they'll run, leaving a trail of billions in spare change a cloud billowing green in their wake. They'll fight for your hearts, for your minds as their fingers caress your wallets and the patriot dead of ages bewail the spectacle from their graves: the sale of democracy once again to the highest bidder.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Love what caterpillage said...
The desire to become President should be rewarded with automatic disqualification.
Presidential candidates should be drafted from the general populace.

The GOP should adopt an honest motto ---
"What's mine is mine --- and what's yours...is subject to my mood."

Wish we could get rid of all 'political parties'.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Didn't Romney cry like a fruitcake when he lost last time? I saw him spazz out on reporters that didn't like his answers. I cannot imagine such a spoiled and emotionally unbalanced control freak taking office. And I doubt that the movers and shakers will find any use for Romney, he will just start spazzing out under pressure.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Re the OP:

Romney is a charlatan and politician of the highest order. What does that mean? He's a perfect puppet for the highest bidder. Anyone who seriously thinks that this guy would legitimately represent them or make the country better has either been honestly tricked or is completely insane. He, like Obama, push policy based on their handlers' desires, not what's good for the country or what the people desire. He and Hillary are no-goes as far as I'm concerned. It will be business as usual for them.

Re: how to get politicians

What about a lottery system? The juries I have been on (2) have taken the task very seriously. Both times, the juries were pretty diverse with a wide range of people, experience, and intelligence. Regardless of all of that, they tried their hardest to be fair in assessing the case. I would much prefer a house and senate composed of randomly selected, totally average, but deeply concerned citizens than a group of ex-lawyer professional politician swindlers who are experts at nothing and think they know how you should live your life better than you. Maybe I'm being a little naive, but at first glance, a lottery system of selection for representative government seems good.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Galvatron

I like it. Randomly selected citizens in congress, randomly selected citizens to be voted on for president. With strict term limits for both. No more politics as a career.

And ban political parties. Throw fun parties instead
edit on 8 29 2014 by caterpillage because: iPhone spell check blows

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

There are quetstions it raises, though

- is there a better candidate?
- is Romney a "no" only because we have seen him in action?
- is there a better candidate that we have seen in some kind of action?
- is the GOP even viable at the moment, or would it be better to look for a third party to put conservative votes towards?

I get the feeling that the GOP could have had Pol Pot make an early announcement and be received similarly. People in the "heartland" tend to despise the current POTUS, and are desparate for any other option.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Habit4ming

OMG, the same bunch of losers from last time? Ben Carson anyone?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Habit4ming

OMG, the same bunch of losers from last time? Ben Carson anyone?

I'm hoping it's Ben Carson for the GOP, and Neil DeGrasse Tyson for the Dems. A doctor against a scientist - both black. Wouldn't that be an awesome election!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Romney again??

Barf!!!

Another Progressive, just what we need.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

That's exactly it....
I've said this before, Mitt Romney is a turd!!! He's a floater.... It's all a stinking setup to keep the Democrats running Obama's legacy.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Romney is doing well in the polls due to buyer's remorse after continually being disappointed by Obama in every possible way. He won't be the nominee unless the liberal press pushes him into it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join