It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian and American Relations - Can the Friendship Last?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A war between the US and China is unlikely. And 75% of US Debt is mostly owed to the US government. It is an accounting trick to shift money around the Government that you can not just take. China owns all of 8% of the US debt a little over a trillion dollars. You have to understand the US debt is just a political tool. The US has the assets to pay it off overnight with just a small perctage of its mineral rights. That is not wise as the value of those rights will coninue to rise. Still it is a good way to put things in perspective.

A war between the US would be trigger by a Chinese attack on another Asian nation in particular a US ally. The big fear for the Pacific states should be what if the US and China decided to form an alliance and the US picked up and left? Then China would have a free hand in the region and the US would save trillions in money spent to defend the region. Unlikely of course.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Yep any pacific nation relying on America for protection whether against China or a reborn Japan may as well sign their own death warrant. Australia should have learned from what the British did in WW2 when they wanted to keep our troops fighting in N. Africa at a time they were desperately needed in the pacific. The abandonment of our nuclear program in the 60s and the disastrous immigration policies that followed marked the end of our nation, simple as that.

edit on 28-8-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: john452

Yep any pacific nation relying on America for protection whether against China or a reborn Japan may as well sign their own death warrant. Australia should have learned from what the British did in WW2 when they wanted to keep our troops fighting in N. Africa at a time they were desperately needed in the pacific.

Meanwhile the Allies [Which includes the US) fought the Japanese tooth and nail. I had these maps stashed away for debates with those who are of the "The US Didn't do much in WWII".

Japanese expansion WWII

US Marines beach landings WWII

Too many detractors of US participation only want to give the US credit for D-Day the Sixth of June in Europe but either choose to ignore or are ignorant of the ferocity and shear brutality of what went on in the Pacific. Most are not aware of the magnitude in logistics for such a large theater not to mention the volume of landings that took place in the Pacific theater of operation that went on day after day, week after week, month in and month out, over and over again.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

That doesn't even mention north Africa. It's always about nazis...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

OK Let me Apologize to the American people for my Rant - It's not you or your Elected Officials, It's the Hidden Overlords who control America, and it's Foreign Policies.

That's a truly insightful comment and it goes to the heart of the dilemma that US Americans, at least those of us who can think for ourselves, find ourselves in. I don't see a need for an apology, but I gratefully accept it.

But your comment about the "Elected Officials", the Hidden Overlords, and the groups that set Foreign Policies is prescient in that it hits at several themes that have become near debilitating for the US American "awake" population. To touch on a couple or so of those themes, I'll elucidate as follows:

1). The US Government isn't a "unified" government and it hasn't been since at least the Eisenhower administration. By "unified" I mean that there are multiple, independently operating "Governments". Worse, these various governments seem to be in constant turf battles against the others. So, for example, we have the elected Executive Office, the President and his cabinet, etc. as one "Government", often pitted against, (when a Republican is in office) against entrenched "Agencies" previously set up by Congress but which now have lives all their own. As a result, we see instances where the voters elect a President of one party who wishes to keep the lights on across the nation, but he's thwarted by an EPA Administration that continues to close coal fired power plants, or at a modicum, slows approvals for new power plants to a crawl.

That's just one example but where things get truly frightening is that there are "black budget/black box" type governments over which the President not only has no control over, but when he demands to know what they're doing, he's told to take a hike. The NSA is one of these, but there are many others operating behind the scenes that drive Defense initiatives.

Same thing applies to Foreign Policy. The President doesn't establish Foreign Policy; when he's elected and takes office, he's presented with Foreign Policy Options as formulated by non-governmental bodies of tremendous influence that are neither elected nor opaque in their operations. One such NGO is the Council on Foreign Relations, the CFR. The CFR put Bush into Iraq and presented him with an "off the shelf" plan previously developed by the CFR.

2). I've yet to see anyone adequately describe who the "Overlords" are. We know they exist and we know they drive public policy, social engineering (read Propaganda initiatives), economic policies, etc. Some people point to Big Business, others to Wall Street and others to Big Banks. It may well be all of the above, plus more. Nonetheless, all of these entities operate far beyond the effective control or even influence of the "American" people and/or voters.

3). The US operates as a dysfunctional Democracy, (Republic with Democratically elected representatives) in that because of the "Madison Avenue" approach of the government, people in the US that still think for themselves don't believe anything they are presented with by the Mainstream Media or the Elected government officials.

None of this is ever going to get better until it unravels when the SHTF.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I will admit to not being up to date on the relationship between China, Australia, and the US.

I will, however, say this:

While I was in Afghanistan I had the privilege of serving with the Australian army, FE-A, and FE-B.
Bunch of badass people. Awesome soldiers.

If I go back to war, I want Aussies on line with me.
edit on pThu, 28 Aug 2014 21:31:44 -0500201428America/Chicago2014-08-28T21:31:44-05:0031vx8 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join