It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes: no indoor smoking ban planned in England despite WHO call

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
may I presume to say that you take your "house rule's" from the social norms of this day
I don't believe there is any wrong in the statement that " if you can help me to prevent me from horrible disease and include me as some one that is no longer a burden on our health system, at the very least let me put some harmless vapor in your room

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crostkev
may I presume to say that you take your "house rule's" from the social norms of this day
I don't believe there is any wrong in the statement that " if you can help me to prevent me from horrible disease and include me as some one that is no longer a burden on our health system, at the very least let me put some harmless vapor in your room

Nope, pretty sure that grain's house is their own and that those things that make them uncomfortable or feel ill in their home where they live is pretty logical. After all, that's where they live and home should be where one is comfortable first and foremost.

Seems like I should've linked this to you but your harmless vapor, especially if scented, actually ends up being very much like an air freshener or scented candle in a home. Both of which are known potential asthma triggers.

www.asthma.ncdhhs.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
that's a fair point but just how far are smokers going to be pushed
if we say YES this isn't going to kill you anymore but forget about being seen as someone trying, they are stigmatized, instead the answer is help your fellow man

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice sounds like incense burner and the like,So was this a test you were conducting on your friend to see if there were in fact, any side effects to vapor use

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So harmful to people with

potential asthma triggers.

is this the reason that we are thinking of treating them with the same disgust we feel towards cigaret users

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

that's a fair point but just how far are smokers going to be pushed
if we say YES this isn't going to kill you anymore but forget about being seen as someone trying, they are stigmatized, instead the answer is help your fellow man

Maybe it won't kill you but if I ran out of my inhaler and had an asthma attack (I tend to go cyanotic when I actually have a full blown asthma attack), I guess that's my problem for being unable to deal with your choice to smoke. Despite my not having a choice of having asthma.

When smoking was banned from indoor establishments, I thought about the reasons why and stepped outside to smoke. When smoking near doorways was banned in my area, I just moved off to the smoking area provided. No biggy. I chose to smoke after all. Like I said, it's a matter of courtesy.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Okay "courtesy" I get it, do as i say or get out

Twer much to young to deal with thesee problems but they keep thrusting them self's on us... untill finaly wer foced to think of the solution

edit on 27-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My girlfriends a chemist here in the UK.
She had a meeting last week and apparently the government are going to class the vape juice as a medical or medicinal product so they can put more restrictions on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

That's a stupid answer friend. Nicotine is the drug, it's the 2000+ chemicals in cigarettes that kill you. Not the nic.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Psynic

What a crock.
No nicotine means you're more likely to go for a real cigarette as you crave it.
Maybe you think nicotine patches with no nicotine will work?

As for harmful vapour, another load of bunk.
The vape you exhale has most of the nicotine removed by your body, what's left is a small percentage that has droplets too big for absorption.

I think this rested the case on the second page of the thread

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crostkev

Damn straight if it is my private property and especially if it's producing a medical issue for any living here.

It'd also be my choice if I were a business owner as that is still technically private property. So yep. In your home, you can vape all you want as that is your choice. However, once you step outside of your home you are either walking on public property or someone else's private property.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
madness
so by your thinking god help me if you don't like my aftershave (seems best to bring tent (mental list 1.1))

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
sghiltly off topic but if anyone would like some sound's the band click herewww.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

madness
so by your thinking god help me if you don't like my aftershave (seems best to bring tent (mental list 1.1))

If I didn't like your aftershave, I'd probably either be a good friend and tell you that it's being overdone. Aftershave isn't the same as smoking or vaping in someone else's home and you know it. Your attitude of implying that I'm somehow mentally deranged because I have the shocking preference of not having asthma attacks in my own home due to something that is legally within my control (my property) doesn't help the vaping crowd one bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Nope, I set my own rules in my house, and ask the rules of others when I'm in someone elses house...if I don't know the rules beforehand.

Harmless or not is irrelevant.
If a host wants me to stop something in their house then their reasons why are not my concern...it is their home.
edit on 27-8-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo - their/thier

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
you seem to all be missing the point,
it will allow me to address the fact that's been in my back pocket for some time until you alluded to again
What are social norm's and do they affect the way we self impose these rules apone ourselves, i think they do and i don't think you need me to point this out any media from the fifty's will end that conversation, in a 30 second clip
?did doctors smoke in operating theaters at one time why, because it was an social norm, you get it?

(post by Psynic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
...and as a thread is perhaps a house of conversation in many ways, this one is your house.
I shall politely say thank you for an interesting evening, and now go wait for my phoned taxi in the street.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Aftershave isn't the same as smoking or vaping in someone else's home and you know it.

this is int about your condition and you know it

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well, I grew up in the 70's and the 80's as an asthmatic with my dad also being an asthmatic. We were actually divergent from those social norms as, due to our breathing problems, smoking wasn't allowed in the house though it was common and socially acceptable to smoke indoors wherever with nary a smoking section in sight. Further counter to those social norms in the 80's, my mother and sister both gave up their Aquanet and the fashion of big hair because those hairspray cans interfered with my and my dad's breathing. We weren't riding the social norms. I guess you could say that were divergent counter culture acolytes because, well, breathing is kind of important.

Doesn't matter what era it is, asthmatics kind of need to be able to breathe in their own homes.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join