It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes: no indoor smoking ban planned in England despite WHO call

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Who is advocating for exposing children to nicotine?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I tried e-cigs for a while a couple of years ago.

At first, it took some getting used to (sticking a piece of plastic in my mouth, and just the general feel of the e-cig in my hands). The vapor took some getting used to also as for me it was not the same as the smoke you get from taking a drag on a actual cigarette.

Once I got used to those things, they were not too bad. But then things started to go haywired.

First, each cartridge was "suppose" to be about the same as a pack of cigarettes. I noticed as time went by, I was sucking down more than one a day.

Next, I noticed I was using it all day as in, not really leaving my hand. When actually smoking, having to step out to have a cig, there would be long time periods in which I was not smoking at all. With the e-cig, I was constantly vaping.

Then it felt like it wasn't enough and I found myself not only using the e-cig, but lighting up an actual cigarette too.

That's when I stopped using the e-cig. When I did that, I noticed I was burning through almost 2 packs a day! Before trying e-cigs I was a pack a day user.

Took me a while to get back down to just that 1 pack a day again.

So for me, personally, my addiction level to the nicotine went up while using e-cigs. Not knowing the long term effects, my use increasing more and more (the cartridges get expensive!), and then using real tobacco on top of it, I felt I was just making things worst.

But again, that was just me personally.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I tried the ecigs when they first came out unfortunately at that time they weren't made too good I couldn't get it working right
but well I can tell you first hand why there is a warning on the label!
while messing around with the one I had I managed to get quite a bit of nicotine on my hands and well got quite a buzz off it it can be absorbed though the skin.
now that there are more brands and I believe that they are more reliable and can be bought from just about any cigarette store I want to try again
but I highly advise that you be careful with the cartridges and keep them away from children and pets.

outside of that I think they are a heck of alot safer than cigs are especially since they decided to put their fire retardent crap in them.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Who is advocating for exposing children to nicotine?

Obviously, all those "vaping" in public places.

Nicotine free Ecigarettes Do Not expose children to nicotine.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yes sir, it was meant towards others. I chose to reply to you because I liked what you had to say. No worries, loam, I see your good work around here. You're alright mate.

Carry on :-)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

do they even have nicotine free ecigs??
to me that would kind of defeat any purpose for the thing!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And how is the exhaled vapour any harm to anyone, much less children...

"Oh somebody, please think of the Children!"......

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Keep away from children and pets. Absolutely. Same as with any tobacco and alcohol, and household cleaners. That's the thing that gets me the most! What about tthe chikdren!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I tried e-cigs for a while a couple of years ago.

At first, it took some getting used to (sticking a piece of plastic in my mouth, and just the general feel of the e-cig in my hands). The vapor took some getting used to also as for me it was not the same as the smoke you get from taking a drag on a actual cigarette.

Once I got used to those things, they were not too bad. But then things started to go haywired.

First, each cartridge was "suppose" to be about the same as a pack of cigarettes. I noticed as time went by, I was sucking down more than one a day.

Next, I noticed I was using it all day as in, not really leaving my hand. When actually smoking, having to step out to have a cig, there would be long time periods in which I was not smoking at all. With the e-cig, I was constantly vaping.

Then it felt like it wasn't enough and I found myself not only using the e-cig, but lighting up an actual cigarette too.

That's when I stopped using the e-cig. When I did that, I noticed I was burning through almost 2 packs a day! Before trying e-cigs I was a pack a day user.

Took me a while to get back down to just that 1 pack a day again.

So for me, personally, my addiction level to the nicotine went up while using e-cigs. Not knowing the long term effects, my use increasing more and more (the cartridges get expensive!), and then using real tobacco on top of it, I felt I was just making things worst.

But again, that was just me personally.

Yep.

That's exactly what I've been saying.

I'll say it AGAIN, NON-nicotine Ecigarettes are GREAT!

Too bad they are being subjected to the same laws as the NICOTINE ADDICT version.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Yes they do.

You can choose the amount of nicotine level of your cartidges that you use. You can keep lowering it, and then try the ones that have none in them. I know some friends of mine that did this and they no longer use the nicotine filled ones.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Keep in mind that not everyone reacts the same way to nicotine.

I've known people that are very addicted.

I've also known people that smoked for years and years, then set the cigs down and walked away. Didn't even go through any widthdraw symptoms.

As with any drug, different people can have different reactions to them.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Yes they do have NON-Nicotine Ecigarettes and they serve a MOST IMPORTANT purpose.

A Nicoderm Patch or Nicotine Gum can eliminate the craving for nicotine, but one still has to contend with the physical ritual of smoking.

When I tried quitting cigarettes in the past I would always relapse when I was offered a cigarette or when I was surrounded by friends that smoke, but with a NON-nicotine Ecigarette the reflex of pulling out a cigarette after dinner or at the Pub when everyone else is puffing away can be satisfied safely and without ingesting ADDICTIVE drugs.

In time, even the use of non-nicotine Ecigarettes tapers off to NEXT TO NOTHING. I still carry it, just in case, but I almost NEVER need it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMistro81

what about them??
I spent a heck of alot of time in smoke filled bars as a kid
when I grew up couldn't stand being around drunks think I had gotten my fill of them by the time I was 8 years old
but I don't remember the smoke ever bothering me much as all.

flouride in the water
high fructose corn syrup in their food
flormaldahyde in the blankets
gmos in god knows what!!
car exhaust to the extremes

What About The Children!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yes they do.

You can choose the amount of nicotine level of your cartidges that you use. You can keep lowering it, and then try the ones that have none in them. I know some friends of mine that did this and they no longer use the nicotine filled ones.

Exactly - with the vaporiser I have, I use 18mg (I think that's the unit use) which gives me about the same hit as a fag.

The idea is, as you have said, for those wishing to give up, to lower the amount to a point where you have weaned yourself off it, exactly like patches or any other smoking cessation aid.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Quite, see my first post in this thread. Spent my life around smoking as a lad and not once was my growth or fitness ever compromised - in fact, I was leagues ahead of my peers when it came to physical fitness.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

And how is the exhaled vapour any harm to anyone, much less children...

"Oh somebody, please think of the Children!"......

Yes, children are more susceptible to carcinogens as their cells are multiplying at an accelerated rate.

It's not hysteria.

And nicotine is FAR from a benign substance.

motherboard.vice.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason
while studies have shown that kids growing up in big cities like LA have lungs that aren't developed properly??

the smokers are being used as scapegoats really
as long as everyone's attention is directed at them being the cause they won't look elsewhere for someone to blame
just like the pink cookies will cause all those school kids to get fact but throwing a fake sweetener into everything isn't doing any harm.
newflash people high fructose corn syrup isn't digested in the same manner as sugar and causes problems for the pancreas. what you are seeing is pre-diabetic and pre-cancer of the pancreas!

yous can blame the smokers and people's diets all you want but in the end it's not going to do you any good
because you should be yelling at the gov't and the industries to get the crap out of the products!

edit on 27-8-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: crostkev
On the side of this liquid product it states the following :-
TREAT THIS PRODUCT WITH CARE
-Harmful if swallowed ( i guess just in case you are used to eating them instead of smoking them)
-If swallowed, take this leaflet with you and seek immediate medical advice.
-Exposure to skin or eyes is harmful, flush with plenty of water when contaminated.
-ect...
-wash hands, fore arms thoroughly after each use ( whats that all about?)

So far on this thread only one person has had anything to say about the side effects of using this product but i have sneaking suspicion there is more to this than meets the eye ( remember to rises thoroughly)

The "wash skin after use" is for the nicotine. Nicotine is highly poisonous in pure form. Too much (very little) can make you very ill or dead. In the bottle, nicotine is very deadly. The risk of poisoning comes only from dealing with the unmixed nicotine.

Most doctors have all said that vaping is 1000s of times safer than smoking tabaco.

MM

I'm glad to hear this info, (AST :- from were did you find these facts, no facts no answer, so, you think we should just take this as fact then....Not eve a link to substantiate) he. he he. you gotta love it,
For some time now I have been interested / amazed at the uptake of vapor ( Sounded better than E Cigs anyway)
I get the feeling that it might be about increasing the nicotine levels in the smoker's in general if nothing else, is a good marketing campaign at the very least.
as to "The "wash skin after use?" "is for the nicotine
Nicotine is highly poisonous in pure form. Too much (very little) can make you very ill or dead".
What would you say? was an highly poisonous amount, say a thimble full or are we talking shoving your face in a bucket of the stuff,
I'd certainly like to have that sort of information but thanks again for the interesting contribution
crostkev.

we're much to young to deal with these problems but they keep thrusting them self's on us... until finally we're forced to think of the solution

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Not true, been vaping for a year and would never smoke a cigarette again. I tried a couple months ago and hated the taste. What's so evil about Nicotine? As far as I know it doesn't cause cancer... In fact, it is proven that nicotine has beneficial properties helping processing of information in the brain. Nicotine might also help you against Alzheimer's decease. It also decreases my stress level! It is highly addictive, don't get me wrong... but caffeine also is.

If the nicotine delivery system gives you cancer it is a problem.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yes they do.

You can choose the amount of nicotine level of your cartridges that you use. You can keep lowering it, and then try the ones that have none in them. I know some friends of mine that did this and they no longer use the nicotine filled ones.

That is an interesting question and here is my take on it
I went into my local pharmacy i noticed a sign offering GIVE UP SMOKING type leaflet..... long story short
when i asked about E-Cigs the line she gave me was "its getting past the habit of putting something in your mouth that contributes to the "habit" so the logical thing to do is remove that as a trigger for the nicotine need altogether hence NO E-Cig replacement therapy. But there are sign's that it might be changing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join