It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Dies Fighting for Islamic State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

A 33-year-old San Diego man was killed over the weekend fighting for the Islamic State, NBC News and CNN are reporting.

NBC said it has seen photos of Douglas McAuthur McCain's passport and body -- which features a distinctive neck tattoo. NBC, citing an activist linked to the Free Syrian Army who also saw the photos, said McCain was among three foreigners fighting with ISIS who died in Syria.

Source

I have a number of thoughts on this other than avoid men with neck tattoos. Firstly, I don't condone resolving disputes with physical violence unless it is a last resort. Secondly, I normally won't condemn a man for standing up for his beliefs, but I don't support the killing innocent people and a I don't support a belief system that wishes to impose their will on others without their consent.

Some people will say this man got what he deserves. Others may even support him, but the truth is another fellow human being died in a pointless war.

edit on 2014/8/26 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Good riddance.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit

Good riddance.

There is a part of me that agrees with your response, but it is also hard for me to be flippant about the death of another human being.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Mister_Bit

Good riddance.

There is a part of me that agrees with your response, but it is also hard for me to be flippant about the death of another human being.
Yeah, I actually agree.

I think it's a terrible thing that, no matter what your belief is, that people just can't get along and respect the difference.

I mean, bottom line, we are all just human beings with dreams, fears, loves, hopes etc.

But when it comes to joining and actively fighting for a ideal that beheads babies/children/innocent peoples... well, those kind are just not needed on this planet.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I take no joy in this mans death.

However, I think the irony in his name is dripping down my screen.

Douglas McAuthur McCain......indeed

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Good.... I hope any american who joins this group to terrorize the world dies...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Can we say Karma?
Cosmic Justice?

He put himself in that position and knew what he was doing.
No sympathy from me.

He was a grown man who made his own decision, knowing quite well what it could lead to.

When you align yourself with evil, evil results.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Clearly, this man was revolting against family tradition.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't want this person in the US. I'm glad he's dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus Your heading stating that an American died. I believe it's wrong. As soon as he left to go fight for this mob of maggots he lost his right to be classed as an American. Same as the rotters here in Australia. And please let's all call this mob for what they are. Cold blooded killers and rapists. NOT some special group that give themselves a title. I would love us to be able to start a movement to snuff out their self given title. no more ISIS or IS or whatever they decide to call themselves from now on. Just murderers, rapists, maggots

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: greatfriendbadfoe

I vote for maggots.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Maggots is good......too bad he died, ...I hope the rest follow suit....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
delete
edit on 8/27/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join