It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

All credits go to the pilot!

But I appreciate your kind words
. I just had to post this, as I'm a long time lurker, and kind of knew this is ATS material

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
very interesting.
in the first picture it looks like the clouds have an orange glow also.
Whatever is causing it is very bright to be able to see it this clearly from 34,000 feet.The brightness at sea level must be amazing.
I hope someone goes out there in a ship and gets some close up pictures.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This area has me intrigued.

A round edge?

Peace

edit on 25-8-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sure seems like parts of this don't add up.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Pretty sure the glowing light spots are just the instruments in the cockpit. It is the glow on the water and horizon and sky the poster was talking about. The glowing spots are just a reflection from the window the pic is being taken from.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The photos were taken with a fisheye lens, which may contribute to the round edge that we see?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Pretty sure the glowing light spots are just the instruments in the cockpit. It is the glow on the water and horizon and sky the poster was talking about. The glowing spots are just a reflection from the window the pic is being taken from.

look at the other photos and stop be sure !

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Perhaps it is sulphur emissions from search ships for MH370? I think that's the reason the clouds glow in my signature photo.

Cheers,
Michael

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousWitness

this is really really interesting, there was no earthquakes recorded at this time in this region...

hopefully some other pilots saw it too and will report as well

BTW: Fukushima related maybe ??
edit on 25-8-2014 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Quite sharp pictures for long exposures taken from an airplane.

Full frame camera and a very wide angle lens it's a pity no link to full size pictures!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Don't forget about the beam they did see on forehand.
Unfortunatly no pictures... But the other pictures do give credability to the whole account.

So a straight up large illuminating beam.

That doesn't sound like lightning,

More like:

- Star wars program
- Pyramid energy beams
- Ancient earth defense system

I know.. but hey.. I like a good mysterie

edit on 25-8-2014 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I get what the OP is talking about but are we sure those are panel lights? Hard to say for me.

Peace

BTW I am talking about the colored lights in a rounded edge with the green leading. Not the small white light cluster. Those are panel lights. I posted a new pic.

Peace

edit on 25-8-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Good thread OP. S&F. I have no clue what is causing it. I read some of the posts, some people have some good ideas. Maybe it is the algae, but that sure looks bright for an algae glow. Could also be a combination of a couple of events one being northern lights.

Maybe something new will be discovered.
edit on 25-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

My first thought was the panel lights shouldn't be showing up at that part of the Window... They are directly on top of the bit coming down the center of the window.. Maybe a flare but it seems to be consistent with what is being observed in the water also... It's really hard to tell. I thought that anything from the cockpit would show up a bit further up the window but I'm no expert with these things either.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yeah....I saw the ones you were talking about. If you look at the image closer you can see they are a reflection from the window. You can see the frame of the aircraft/window behind them, so they have to be coming from a reflection on the glass from the panel.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Lava can glow red underwater. Gas flowing through the glowing lava could sometimes look flame-like in appearance. Some of the other pics posted by OP look a little strange though. My guess is this is not a volcanic eruption. You would see a plume of smoke and ash coming from the water most likely.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I looked this trench up and if Hannover first (from the comments in the link) is just a bit off with location this could be explained as volcanic. But this person seems to know the location is between the areas where underground mounds form. With the weird jelly fish die off and the bigger quakes down south it makes me wonder. I didn't even know about the ground opening in BAJA. I'm sure planes fly over this area all the time and don't see this. Maybe it means something...or maybe it is just a mound forming off pattern.

Hannover Fist 25-Aug-2014 14:05 That location is directly between a deep sea trench and the Emporer Seamount Chain. It is possible it is volcanic but would not be glowing like that without creating an ash plume, and there are no reports of seismic activity at that location. Something else is going on with the Pacific Rim, between the large earth quakes, the ground opening near Baja, and the billions of jellyfish washing up on the US West Coast I am beginning to believe we are about to witness a massive tectonic event. Not only has the Subduction plate off Washington State sat silently for decades now, there is a linear pattern of small quakes that follow down the East side of the Cascade and Sierra Nevada Mountians, I personally think a massive multi state quake may be about to hit the West Coast, or even a partial Continental Seperation may be on the horizon. I hope I am wrong, but something big is building up in the Pacific. Great Pics by the way.

www.pbase.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
At least you landed safely in the same year and dimension that you departed. As far as you know. Hee Hee.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RyanDaniel
Lava can glow red underwater. Gas flowing through the glowing lava could sometimes look flame-like in appearance. Some of the other pics posted by OP look a little strange though. My guess is this is not a volcanic eruption. You would see a plume of smoke and ash coming from the water most likely.

if this is volcanic, it must be huge !!!

I don't think it is underwater volcano as well
edit on 25-8-2014 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski
I'm kinda confused myself about the 8 second exposure time. Im gonna ask my brother, who is a photographer, maybe he can answer this question.

In the first pic, clear as it may be, there is still some trail noticeable looking at the lights.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join