It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Wilson’s first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. — The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.

That was three years ago. One of the officers who worked in that department, and lost his job along with everyone else, was a young man named Darren Wilson.

Darren Wilson’s first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

Here's the latest development in Furgeson as being picked up by news outlets.

Related articles:

Cop who killed Michael Brown started his career at disgraced unit that was DISBANDED over racial tensions - after officers opened fire on fleeing mother and child and beat up another woman

- DMail/AP
edit on 24-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

If we believe that racism doesn't exist, or that the authorities can do no wrong, or that entire communities are at fault for there poverty, or that government oppression doesn't exist unless it has something to do with a wealthy rancher, then there is no problems here

Its likely that Wilson wasn't the issue with this police department, but its a guarantee he was trained by them.
edit on 24-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Which explains Wilson harrassing two kids for jaywalking..

Didn't you guys know they move dirty cops like pederast priests?
edit on 24-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

well isn't that an interesting development...if true...it should be the final nail in darren wilsons coffin

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
68% Black population in Ferguson..56 police officers of which 53 are White.
I wonder how many African Americans sit on the Local council...scared to look, but my guess would be they have 1 token Black if any at all....Hmmmm

Not much has changed since the days of Martin Luther King. they just papered over the cracks...
edit on 24-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So why were they voted in?

The awful white council that is.

Was it rigged?

edit on 2420140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So why were they voted in?

The awful white council that is.

Was it rigged?

As i said in my post.." I wonder how many African Americans sit on the council" Meaning.. i dont know??, Maybe you could tell me the figures.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
if true...it should be the final nail in darren wilsons coffin

Why? Is there any evidence that he misbehaved over six years ago at that police dept? Is there any evidence that he has misbehaved over the past six years at the current police dept? (answer - no). How could the fact that his first police dept had problems years and years and years ago have anything at all to do with the shooting that recently happened? Shouldn't the facts of the shooting stand on their own? (answer - yes)

An example of a 'final nail in the coffin' would be if the dead man was shot in the back. Rumors of that having happened turned out to be false. At this time we don't have any facts in the case. There isn't even a coffin built let alone a 'final nail'.

People jumped the gun with the Zimmerman/Martin case. I admit that I thought Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter and I had to change that to 'not guilty' when I saw the facts come out in the trial. It was a lesson well learned ... wait for the real facts to come out in a court of law.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

as i stated...IF true...and yes it would be very bad for him as he has a history of racial abuse ....i am not jumping the gun...i was hypothesizing

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm confused about the timeline so maybe someone can clear it up for me.
How did he work for the department for six years before Brown was shot, with reportedly no disciplinary actions, when now it's said he was fired three years ago from Jennings?
edit on 24-8-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Unarmed man shot from a cruiser in the front isn't much better than the back.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well he did shoot at brown while he was running, Wilson just missed....
So if he was a better shot, I guess there would be that nail in the coffin you speak of.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: Sremmos80
Like I said, a bullet in the back would be a 'nail in the coffin'. I don't think that his having worked over six years ago in a police station that had problems would qualify as a 'nail in the coffin'. It has nothing to do with the shooting that happened just recently.

To dig that up would be like people digging up Trayvon Martins facebook thug pictures and saying that he deserved to be shot. The facebook pictures were totally irrelevant to the Zimmerman shooting ... as the police dept having problems six years ago are irrelevant to this shooting. IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I'm confused about the timeline so maybe someone can clear it up for me.
How did he work for the department for six years before Brown was shot, with reportedly no disciplinary actions, when now it's said he was fired three years ago from Jennings?

Hmmm.

Maybe Wilson quit ahead of the "disbanding".

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And like I said, we would have this nail in the coffin you speak of if wilson was a better shot.
He did shoot at brown as he was running away, so is it only bad if he actually hit him? Or since he missed, its no big deal

As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement officials.

www.nytimes.com...

And I agree that getting pictures and then calling people a thug doesn't need to happen but it is happening in this case as well. As well as digging up his music, trying to pin him with criminal record that wasn't even his and even trying to get his juvenile record.

edit on thSun, 24 Aug 2014 12:31:48 -0500America/Chicago820144880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Cop who killed Michael Brown started his career at disgraced unit that was DISBANDED over racial tensions - after officers opened fire on fleeing mother and child and beat up another woman

Yet another incident Wilson had nothing to do with. This is turning out to be the most pathetic smear campaign I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And like I said, we would have this nail in the coffin you speak of if wilson was a better shot.
He did shoot at brown as he was running away, so is it only bad if he actually hit him? Or since he missed, its no big deal

What makes you think he missed?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

So you are saying he was not part of that unit at any point? How else would it have nothing to do with him.

Most likely these are the people that trained him how to be a cop

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Well everyone wants to scream that the autopsy shows that he was not hit in the back so there is that and at this point the officials are agreeing with that.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm saying you guys can't find any dirt to dig up on Wilson, so you're switching to guilty by association tactics instead. Maybe we should start looking at the records of Brown's associates as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join