It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object from my past materialized into thin air

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I want to share a strange incident that happened to me this last year which has intrigued me intensely since it happened. There doesn't seem to be a logical explanation for it. It may have a logical explanation, but I have failed to recognize how that's possible.
About 12 or 13 years ago I was working at a Mac store in Seattle selling Apple computers and working at the service desk. One day a lady came in and needed a replacement PRAM battery for her computer, which is just a small 3.6 lithium battery that basically holds the time and other basic functions while the computer is off. I pulled out what we had in our inventory and it was a Saft brand 3.6 lithium battery. The customer then asked me if I thought that this was a good brand of lithium battery. I thought this was kind of a strange question and me being kind of a smart ass I said, "absolutely this is probably the best brand you can get for this kind of battery", also kind of trying to be just a decent salesman. She accepted my statement and bought the battery. It became kind of an inside joke at our store that a SAFT battery was the absolute best battery you can get.
Fast-forward 13 years to last year. I am working on a remodel house doing electrical in Hawaii. As I'm walking through the kitchen something falls from above me and hits the floor right in front of me. I looked down and what is on the ground that landed on the floor is a Saft brand 3.6 lithium battery. I stared at it for a second and in a confused state picked it up and I am standing there in complete shock. There is absolutely no reason why this thing would have fallen out of the ceiling in a kitchen and me just happen to be right there when it falls. This object belongs inside of a computer not in the ceiling of a kitchen.
To this day, the only thing that I can think of which I'm not sure I believe is that this object literally materialized in thin air. There was one other person in the room, who would have never ever known about my experience with a random computer battery over 10 years prior to that. I would love it if someone has had a similar experience to share their thoughts...
I thought about posting this before on ATS, but never really took the time to do it. For some reason this incident has been in my head the last few days I'm not really quite sure why...
edit on 23-8-2014 by headcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: headcheckthat is a really interesting story! never had anything like that happen to me, interested in others responses

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That's.. odd to say the least.
Something like this would really mess with my head.. which leads me to think it had to be a prank.

Either that or aliens of course.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Skaffa

I have ruled the prank theory out, because the only other person in that room at that point in time would never have known about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes I have had that happen to me. I was in my kitchen (alone), and all of a sudden I see and hear something fall to the ground from .... somewhere? I picked it up and it was a small shiny decal. I recognized it as one of many I had bought several years ago for my daughter to work on various arts and crafts projects. Problem is, I had packed all those away in a shoe box and stuffed it on the shelf in a closet like 2 years ago! I keep my kitchen pretty clean and uncluttered, so it's highly unlikely it was some kind of leftover from 2-3 years ago. Weird stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Skaffa

And yes, it has messed with my head. I mean if you look at the odds, we are talking astronomical odds here. What are the chances of this particular object falling in front of me in such a remote location very far away from where I ever first encountered it??

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That's really weird. If anything like that happened to me, I'd probably walk right by it and never notice or think it had fallen on the floor earlier from some appliance.

I've had things disappear on me. It wasn't right in front of my eyes though so there is always doubt about where and when it disappeared and how.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Another weird thing that happened was, my daughter had lost her favorite hoodie. She adored that hoodie and was very upset that it was missing. We turned that house upside down, but it was nowhere. I just assumed she left it at school. About six months later, I walked into my bedroom, and the hoodie was laying in the middle of the floor. I asked my daughter if she had found it and put it there, and I could tell by the look on her face, she did not. Neither did my husband (it's just the three of us in the house). We do have dogs, but we don't let them upstairs. Still don't know where that hoodie was for six months, and how it came to be on the floor of my bedroom.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Do you know the owner or previous owners? Could be a battery from an old type surveillance camera. They could have just taken the camera and leave the battery. After all...this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Yeah, except the way this thing hit the floor it was very noticeable to me because it was quiet in the room at the time. It hit the floor like it fell out of the ceiling, that's what made me confused. The ceiling was open because we were running wire and mounting lights. But still, there is no logical reason of why this particular battery would be in the ceiling at all in the first place.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it
I do know the owner, he is a doctor. And I know for a fact that there is no surveillance inside the house because there is no wiring for surveillance installed...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
No wiring, hence the battery. Although, maybe an electrician was using the battery for circuit checks. I'm sure it was not the only battery sold. A reply to an earlier story about a daughter's sweater...I'd be looking up past contractors you've had at the house. Sounds more scary than strange.a reply to: headcheck

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Fascinating story, not impossible to believe. I have never had anything from the past materialize in the present.

That said, and this is as impossible to believe as it is to prove.. I have received electronic communications from myself to myself from the future... Of course, the first few times it happened I assumed it was a prank and nothing more, until I could no longer deny what was happening... Then I had some missing time, and since then EVERYTHING has changed...

Or, maybe I'm simply bat# crazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's weird, and you were also in the kitchen. Again, for you there is no logical explanation. Unless someone pulled that decal out of the box and was going to do something with it, and left it on the counter without you noticing first.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'll add my story to the group... Bought a very small Swiss army knife in Switzerland on our honeymoon. It came with a unique case.

So I used the small scissors for personal grooming and kept it in the bathroom drawer for about 20 years. Then it disappeared.

My wife bought me a new one a few months later that was slightly larger to replace it.

I've sung in our church choir for 25 years now, and we keep our music in a closet there in the choir loft.
Fast forward about a year from when I lost the knife...
On Sunday when I opened the closet door in the choir loft, the knife, in its case, was in the middle of the closet doorway – completely undamaged, exactly as it was when I lost it...

Weird...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Was the battery charged or flat?

Did you try charging it?

Maybe the deceased owner want's warranty coverage, which would be really weird after 13 years.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I never tried to do anything with the battery. Strangely enough I do you still have a working Power Mac G4 which uses that battery, but that thing is in a box in a garage in Washington state. I kept that SAFT battery which appeared out of nowhere, but that thing is now in a box somewhere too.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: headcheck

That's weird, and you were also in the kitchen. Again, for you there is no logical explanation. Unless someone pulled that decal out of the box and was going to do something with it, and left it on the counter without you noticing first.

Maybe, except my daughter had long ago lost interest in those arts and crafts projects. Plus, she didn't even know I had put the stuff in a box in the closet. Plus, the box was on a very high shelf in my bedroom closet, so she would have to have gotten a ladder or something to even reach it. And I know my husband is not interested in shiny decals.

I did go look in the closet right after that happened, and it appeared to me that the box was totally undisturbed (with some other boxes on top of it).

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: headcheck

That's awesome! I would definitely put some contemplation into this. Is there any reason a message like that would need to get to you? What does it mean to you?

The author Michael Talbot had something like this happen to him and it's what prompted him to start researching physics models. This led to him writing "The Holographic Universe" which is a model where an occurrence like the one you experienced is totally within natural laws.

I hope others here chime in with their experiences like this. Personally, I went through a few years where I was plagued by feathers and tiny eggs. Sometimes they were plastic, sometimes real. I'd find them in my pockets after a nature walk or sometimes in the ashtray of my car. It hasn't happened in a while (just the feathers but that can be explained away with enough scrutiny) but your story reminded me of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
No wiring, hence the battery. Although, maybe an electrician was using the battery for circuit checks. I'm sure it was not the only battery sold. A reply to an earlier story about a daughter's sweater...I'd be looking up past contractors you've had at the house. Sounds more scary than strange.a reply to: headcheck

Why would a camera use a PRAM battery?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join