It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Foley beheading a Fake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Did anyone watch it? Don't worry it doesn't show anything gruesome. Why would ISIS use special effects? Why would they fade out before the gruesome part? Terrorist have shown beheadings in the part. If ISIS is so sadistic as being labeled, why would they sensor a beheading?

Weird things

1. The camera fades out before beheading.

2. Jim Foley seems ultra calm and is allowed to talk about freedoms before being brutally beheaded?

3. That knife is too small to behead someone.

4. Murderer has educated sounding English accent.

5. Why would ISIS use special effects?

6. After they fade out they show head on top of body.

7. The knife slices back and forth 7 times before the fade out. No blood. No spraying. It's also extremely odd they fade to black. Why the hell would they do that? After hitting the carotid artery blood should have been spraying for a good couple of heart pumps.

I could make this video for 50 dollars and a high definition camera.

Not saying for sure it's fake, but given what we know about ISIS links to Israel and western governments, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Dutch cyber security Official states ISIS a Zionist creation to further the blackening of Islam reputation

The JTA reports that a Dutch government employee, Yasmina Haifi, has been suspended until further notice after posting the following statement on Twitter where she calls ISIS a Zionist conspiracy: “ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. It’s part of a plan by Zionists who are deliberately trying to blacken Islam’s name.”

Anyway, this is a conspiracy website.

My favorite comment on reddit

in risk of sounding like a sick # I have to admit I searched for the "full" version only to find that it was nowhere to be found. But let me just get this story straight. the most terrifying and potentially biggest threat at the moment to the world's safety just executed a man and probably used final cut pro to edit out the bloodiest part in order to make it pg 13? sounds legit

Again, there is no video that exist that shows the actual sawing off of head, no matter what anyone tells you. Why?

AAC
edit on 20-8-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Since they have been running around burning churches and killing innocent victims it's hard to understand what the motivation would be to fake this particular video. However, the thought did cross my mind.
edit on 20-8-2014 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Its possible this man knew these were his lasts moments and didn't want to be remembered as a snivelling weasel.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video, but from what you are saying, it is possible that it was a staged event. I don't think your thoughts about this are crazy, it is possible. Even if we saw the whole thing, it could have still have been altered to show this.

Is it probable that this is true, not really, it would be a lot easier to just behead him. He could have been told it was going to be a propaganda film too, and he wasn't going to be killed if he cooperated, then they whacked off his head anyway.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I too believe it could be a fake. Too Hollywood, and as you stated they cut away from the actual gruesome parts. The message they want to convey in these kind of videos is gore, and fear, and in my opinion, they did neither in this video. Also, any military person I ever knew was VERY proud, and would rather spit in the face of his captors than say the things he said. I know I would have. Knowing my life was to be taken anyway. As far as people saying well maybe he was tortured into saying that, well, he looked pretty well groomed and in decent condition in the video. ALSO, after people started to find out this captor had a british accent, I find it funny the UK is trying to stop anyone from viewing or posting on the beheading, and threatening action on those that do. ALSO, the family interview was very strange as well. Something is definitely off here......By the way, I wanted to make a thread on this very subject, but you beat me to it...S&F's
edit on 20-8-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Its possible this man knew these were his lasts moments and didn't want to be remembered as a snivelling weasel.

That is exactly how he looked though. Why not go out in a blaze of glory, telling them to.......well, you know. He showed NO signs of physical torture anyway.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I agree, to be in his situation knowing you're being filmed and all.

But the knife being too small to behead people, is this from you're vast beheading experience?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Duh.Foley is a convert, he is one of them.

Or at least for now...
edit on 20/8/2014 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
All the worlds a stage...

I can't say definitively that it is fake. No idea about what size knife it takes to behead someone. But my first reaction was that it was a total fake. Simply because of the camera cuts, and the way it appeared to be professionally produced, HD camera in the desert etc. Of course I suppose terrorist and militants could be going high tech. However, the biggest things to me were the demanor of Foley, and the English sounding dude. If you closed your eyes and listened to the English/ISIS dudes speech, it sounds like it could be right out of a movie. That is just my opinion. Again, I can't say for sure either way.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
U.S. Confirms Authenticity of Video Showing Journalist's Beheading
Islamic State Says it Killed American James Foley in Retaliation for U.S. Airstrikes in Iraq

online.wsj.com...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Most of your points have been answered in another thread, but for ease of reference I'll attempt to answer your points IMO:

1. The actual decapitation has been reported to have been as long as 7 minutes. With that in mind, showing the actual crusome act at full length would probably have a negative effect on potential recruits to ISIS. It was also labeled "A message to America" and as such knew what would be shown on MSM.

2. It's has been suggested and I strongly agree that James Foley probably went through a few mock executions and different scripts and properly thought this was just another mock execution until they started decapitating him.

3. Probably the reason it took 7 long minutes.

4. Over 700 UK Muslim citizens have joined ISIS in the last few months, as such it's not that much of a shock to have an English jihad committing this horrific act.

5. ISIS have a professional media section. Take a look at their other videos, Unfortunatley the Western Citizens joing ISIS are educated and some professional.

6. Not sure what you are getting at about this.

I do not believe the video is fake or a goverment false flag as has been discussed on ATS today. It's a barbaric act and the World needs to come together to wipe ISIS of the face of the earth.

edit on 20.8.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 20.8.2014 by flammadraco because: Spelling

edit on 20.8.2014 by flammadraco because: Spelling again!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Duh.Foley is a convert, he is one of them.

Or at least for now...

So who's headless corpse was that? Just some random caucasian looking fellow w/handcuffs?

Or.. was it 'special effects', a fake dummy?

Are you serious?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
U.S. intelligence asset executed by U.S. funded terrorist organization. Priceless.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Most of your points have been answered in another thread, but for ease of reference I'll attempt to answer your points IMO:

1. The actual decapitation has been reported to have been as long as 7 minutes. With that in mind, showing the actual crusome act at full length would probably have a negative effect on potential recruits to ISIS. It was also labeled "A message to America" and as such knew what would be shown on MSM.

2. It's has been suggested and I strongly agree that James Foley probably went through a few mock executions and different scripts and properly thought this was just another mock execution until they started decapitating him.

3. Properly the reason it took 7 long minutes.

4. Over 700 UK Muslim citizens have joined ISIS in the last few months, as such it's not that much of a shock to have an English jihad committing this horrific act.

5. ISIS have a professional media section. Take a look at their other videos, Unfortunatley the Western Citizens joing ISIS are educated and some professional.

6. Not sure what you are getting at about this.

I do not believe the video is fake or a goverment false flag as has been discussed on ATS today. It's a barbaric act and the World needs to come together to wipe ISIS of the face of the earth.

I hadn't personally seen the other thread. But some of these points are indeed valid. The only one I take issue with is the first one. I am not at all trying to say that I search for, or watch beheadings. But I do know that like almost every single one of them that has been reported are always full length with zero editing. And none of them are as "hollywood" looking as this one. I may indeed be real. I honestly am still not sure. And just because the government comes out and says its real, doesn't mean jack to me. The point about rehersal beheadngs is a viable explanation as to why he may be so seemingly calm. But yeah.. Still undecided on this one.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Btw, I would have never watched that video today if it wasn't for those of you that informed me there was no gore. Ty. Some days just need to be free of such ugliness.

Keep up with the great information!!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Obama vows to punish ISIS for beheading James Foley -

as it emerges White House knew killers had sent email threat to family a week ago

The Obama administration knew James Foley's captors were considering killing him to avenge airstrikes; Foley's family received an emailed warning a week ago and told the White House

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ey-said-stood-stark-contrast-cowardly-killers.html#ixzz3Ay7IINQ3

edit on 043131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The thing that made it real to me, Foley's last big breath before it cuts to black.

Although I do find it very strange that a group like ISIS would CARE to even edit a video like this, that's the part I just don't get, mostly everyone know's what they are doing to woman and children but yet they edit a video to the Americans?? WHY???

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

If those were his last moments, he'd be in a state of shock and unable to feel anything.
edit on 20-8-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Do you know 100%, do I ? No

Open your mind, and do not stand over me.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
If ISIS is so sadistic as being labeled, why would they sensor a beheading?

Because they have a well-funded and trained media arm that might be on some sick level conscious of their Western audience. The less gruesome the footage is, the more likelihood it will be seen by more people, and disseminated further across the internet via social media, forums, and news media websites.

Weird things

1. The camera fades out before beheading.

2. Jim Foley seems ultra calm and is allowed to talk about freedoms before being brutally beheaded?

3. That knife is too small to behead someone.

4. Murderer has educated sounding English accent.

5. Why would ISIS use special effects?

1. Fades out on purpose, for whatever reason, they didn't want their global audience to see that part. It could be because they simply chose to make the video a little less graphic than the previous ones in recent years. Or the cutting off of the head completely could've and probably took a fair amount of time (too long to show in its' entirety) and effort, which ties into your point #3.

2. He may not have known that they were going to do it right then and there. These hostages are not told much of anything, and if they are, its usually psychology and lies. He may have had a good idea what was about to happen, or maybe he thought it was just a video to threaten his death without actually doing it at that particular moment. If I were held hostage and they told me before even taking me out to the desert that later that day they were going to cut my head off on film, I probably wouldn't cooperate very well, and by the time they filmed the video, I'd probably be all beat up, bloody, and/or bruised from trying to fight, resist, and be as difficult as possible, knowing what these people were going to do to me. They don't like having their hostages look all bloody and beat up because they like to play that "humane treatment" Islamic card, that they take good care of the hostages if at all possible up to the point of release or execution. There's alot of angles on this one, whether or not he knew, and why he acted "calm" or whatever, but we'll never really know those details. There is an explanation, that I am sure of, and it's not that they swapped him out at the last second with a dummy to make it look like they killed him. He's not sitting somewhere having tea with terrorists, nor is he being kept in a cage. He's dead.

3. They've been using small knives to behead hostages since the U.S. invasion of Iraq, and prior. It's actually a special kind of Islamic knife used to sacrifice the animals that they eat to celebrate their holiday of Eid-al Adha. They slice the throat with a short but sharp knife. They used a knife about that size on Nicholas Berg when they videotaped his beheading. This was brought up back then. It's brutal, but thats how they are. We could all wish that they used a long, heavy, sharp sword like the Saudi's use to behead their 'criminals' but .. no, they have no shred of humanity in them.

4. He had a British accent, according to linguistics experts. There are hundreds of British nationals currently in ISIS, fighting in the Middle East. There are also people from all over the world that have British accents because they're from former British colonies, to the four corners of the Earth.

5. They'd use special effects because they've got people doing their media stuff that have some level of skills, equipment, and knowledge. That's really beside the point, other than to say that people trained in camera work, special effects, and video editing are a part of ISIS. They know that they have a target audience with a video like this, and apparently have tried to take a new approach on the execution video, for whatever multitude of reasons. Did anyone see their youtube video a month ago called "Greetings from the Islamic State"? Quite professionally done. It almost looked like a tourism advertisement for radical muslims.

Again, there is no video that exist that shows the actual sawing off of head, no matter what anyone tells you. Why?

AAC

See above. It either took too long, was too messy, or was in effect 'botched' for any of these reasons. The captive being beheaded may have struggled, who really knows? There's a reason for everything, usually. It could be this, in addition to them not wanting to show that part, so the video would get more exposure among more people and more importantly platforms in the western world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join