It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Police Failed To Report Shooting Unarmed Black Man In The Head For 2 Days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

All aforementioned being true. Let me tell you as a local. Cops do as they please. Ever hear of the Danziger Bridge shootings? Post Katrina stuff. To this day justice is peaking over her blondfold. Here is a wikipidia link that sums it up for ya

en.m.wikipedia.org...

That being said they are nice unless you mess with them, most being a keeping the peace kind of cop. I am white tho.

The Danziger Bridge shootings were police shootings that took place on September 4, 2005, at the Danziger Bridge in New Orleans, Louisiana. Six days after Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans, members of the city's police department killed two people: 17-year-old James Brissette and 40-year-old Ronald Madison. Four other people were wounded. All victims were unarmed. Madison, a mentally disabled man, was shot in the back. New Orleans police fabricated a cover-up story for their crime, falsely reporting that seven police officers responded to a police dispatch reporting an officer down, and that at least four people were firing weapons at the officers upon their arrival.[2] On August 5, 2011, a federal jury in New Orleans convicted five police officers of myriad charges related to the cover-up and deprivation of civil rights.[3] However, the convictions were vacated on September 17, 2013 due to prosecutorial misconduct, and a new trial was ordered.[4]

Edit: did you know dead people vote in this state? It sounds crazy until you look to close

edit on 20-8-2014 by Sillyosaurus because: You know

edit on 20-8-2014 by Sillyosaurus because:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Does anyone here REALLY think that the local reporters...or the guys family...knew this didnt happen for 2 days? 2 days. So, the PD not "releasing" it is B.S. It was no secret to the family and local media. Im positive the local media KNEW someone was shot and killed when it happened.

Thats the nature of their jobs. Again. Police did not "release" this for 2 (TWO) whole days? Nonsense.

Oh...and they "failed to report it"? Thats an oxymoron.
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Does anyone here REALLY think that the local reporters...or the guys family...knew this didnt happen for 2 days? 2 days. So, the PD not "releasing" it is B.S. It was no secret to the family and local media. Im positive the local media KNEW someone was shot and killed when it happened.

Thats the nature of their jobs. Again. Police did not "release" this for 2 (TWO) whole days? Nonsense.

Oh...and they "failed to report it"? Thats an oxymoron.

Nobody would think anything of a gangbanger missing for two days. He could have ran off with the drug money, been hiding out from another gang, arrested and known not to call for bail for the hundredth time.

It is quite possible nobody knew that the cops shot an unarmed black man for two days. The specific information of cop shot unarmed black man is the spark that lights the fires so why wouldn't someone in the police chain of command want to delay the information especially in light of Ferguson? They did delay it, then they apologized for delaying it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Except that it is common practice for reporters to listen to police scanners to catch "breaking news".

I too find it rather odd, now that I think about it, that "no one knew"...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Except that it is common practice for reporters to listen to police scanners to catch "breaking news".

I too find it rather odd, now that I think about it, that "no one knew"...

They will never say on a police scanner, "cop just shot unarmed black male in the head". It is all codes and maybe a term shots fired.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I am not that simplistic.

A report of shots fired and units responding would be sufficient to interest a reporter.

Seriously? lol Please do not assume everyone is ignorant.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I am not that simplistic.

A report of shots fired and units responding would be sufficient to interest a reporter.

Seriously? lol Please do not assume everyone is ignorant.

Yet none were interested for two days, then when one place broke the story they apologized.
The events don't match your argument.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

All we have is a skeleton story of events, loosely constructed and supported. Even in your words you say "none were interested" which I believe is the key.

To say that no one knew of this is extremely disingenuous. The police knew it. Anyone in the vicinity of the shooting would have known it, anyone listening in on a scanner would have known something went down.

it's more likely no one cared.

And never forget: This was New Orleans. The closest thing the US has to the twilight zone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join