It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola suspect in Berlin. Job seeker collapsed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
30 year old woman who recently have been in west Africa collapsed in employment office in Berlin Storkower Straße 133. Woman was first isolated in ambulance and there were about 600 customers in employment office at the time, all customers were released after their information had been gathered this took several hours and people were released in afternoon.
patient were taken to university hospital in Virchow-Klinikum which has largerst isolation guarantine in German.
Berliner morningpost

edit on 19-8-2014 by dollukka because: pictures added

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I Really Hate to Say It, But We Need to Isolate the Entire Continent of Africa, One Continent or the World?
Too Many People Are Slipping By.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

I Really Hate to Say It, But We Need to Isolate the Entire Continent of Africa, One Continent or the World?
Too Many People Are Slipping By.

It is scary, but I think we have time to wait and see how this plays out for a bit.
If a few 'hot' ones come out of Africa and the contagion is thwarted by quarantine, all may be okay.

The disease that is going to get us bad will most likely be an airborne respiratory virus that is contagious before symptoms appear and has a 90% kill rate.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
But how do you know that this form of ebola is not? I don't want to spread fear but to me this is very unusual. Ebola has broken out before and we all know that the government would absolutely lie to us in the face of an unusual possible pandemic. It goes without saying that they would. And cases of this just keep popping up again and again. I personally think this is some form of variant. And its just a hunch with no scientific basis except the fact that the spread seems relentless, and slow but sure. Let me put it this way, if it is bad then you probably won't get much more warning than a week or two at the most. The spread of airborne contagions is exponential, like a car going 200 mph in the distance towards you, its far away its far away bam.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Everyone panicks, & then we'll find out it was jet lag...
Interesting pictures.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilky

There is some similarities with H1N1 in 2009, if i remember right it was also an epidemic and when WHO announced to be more caucious and epidemic to be more severe than previously though it soon spread around the globe. Ebola as long as its not airborne can be handled if there is enough safety measures. Sometimes it makes you wonder how many cases there have to be before decent safety measures are taken considering free travelling and open borders.
H1N1 was also said that there is nothing to concern.. so we are yet to see what happens. When it comes to WHO they have always been somewhat incompetent to deal bigger epidemics.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
there's nothing a good well placed nuke can't solve.

On a serious note, this is getting a bit to close, yesterday we have a suspected case here in Belgium. They said it was malaria, but at one point i'm gonna start thinking they are just hiding the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
While the drive to find employment and be self sufficient is not usually a negative this is scary.

What's even scarier is Ebola emulates less deadly ailments during the earlier stages. Anyone that ever pushes themselves could be just as responsible for spreading the flu.

I myself had pneumonia and was "just achey". No joke, I took my son for treatment and was told they were surprised I could breathe. Unless people learn to self quarantine this will remain an issue.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think we should all just keep our heads down because Ebola is obviously not spreading!

(Sarcasm so don't internet taze me bro)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

To go out in crowded area's is going to become quite a scary thing to do if this disease spreads to the Cities.

I live in London and already I don't like to go to crowded area's just in case this disease is over here already and there are plenty here from Africa! How are the public to know if they have been visited by a relative or how long they've been here themselves??

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The world is already a scary place. Being an extreme germaphobe actually makes you more susceptible to illness. You have to just be diligent in ways that matter.

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I've been re-considering my job as a gas station CSR (customer service rep) because of Ebola. I handle a lot of cash and come into contact with a lot of people throughout the day. Many airport workers as well. One regular is a flight attendant that often visits the land he owns in Gambia, north of Liberia in West Africa. I have no particular fear of this but it hit me how easily it seems Ebola could just show up.

I refuse to live in fear though, I could be injured / killed any given night by some drug crazed loon lookin' for cash.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There are ladies in the Walmart near me that have had to wear glove while handling money for years. Allergies to the ink used to verify if the bill is real or something.

My kids want to get masks but, unless everyone wears a mask all the time I don't think those will provide much protection. We seem to be in a world of wait and see. That's what's causing the most fear.

a reply to: Artanis667

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Did she get the job?

new topics

top topics

join