It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Furgeson community is shooting itself in the foot!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I woke up this morning to notice that residents of the Furgeson community once again are losing their support for an injustice they want rectified. Looting and shooting once was bad enough, but after people in their own community condemned it the first time, they ignorantly ignored how it was being counter-productive for their cause, and continued to loot and fire shots in the street.

I'm sorry, but like I've said before, if you truly want justice to be served, you need to conduct yourself in a manner where all eyes are focused on your need for justice. Two wrongs don't make a right. On one hand you have the community protesting the police breaking the law, while they shoot themselves in the foot and continue to disregard the same rule of law they want used to serve them justice.

On the other hand, I feel the police ignored the looting to show that the protests are not just about a cop killing of an un-armed teen, but an outlet to loot and shoot at police. The police knew by letting it go unchecked it was proving to the public the need for police presence. It was like saying, "see we told you so."

If this is the way the black community reacts toward injustice, they will have a hard time getting support from the white community. Granted this young teen murder had nothing to do with him robbing a convenient store, but claiming this kid had no criminal background shows otherwise. I don't care if you're black or white, if you decide to get involved in crime, you take a risk of someday losing your own life at the hands of someone else trying to protect their property or loved ones. The way the video shows this kid manhandling the clerk in the store raises questions in my mind on how he reacted with the cop who shot him. You can't trust every police officer to react in a legal and proper way, but when you become confrontational with any police officer, you're pushing a possible rogue cop to do the unthinkable.

The black community has a legitimate reason to be mad at this cop shooting this unarmed teen. I even felt the police were escalating the friction between the protesters and the police. I thought, "we finally had enough attention focused on the over use of force and authority by the police." After seeing the looting continue, it makes me realize the black community just doesn't get it. They were in the driver's seat! They had the world condemning the actions of the police and then they go and muddy the waters!

If you can't control your children or the criminal element in your community and drive the point across that it would be counter-productive to engage in any kind of criminal activity during these protests, shows me that the criminal element in your community is out of control.

Looting Continues

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

So black people and white people have a community? Lol cmon man. Its a use of force dispute. Race is irrelevant.

All blacks are not like that. Dont let this turn you into a racist. Thats exactly why they put it in that perspective and used those words. They got you (msm)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
After they saw a video "allegedly" showing the unarmed teen robbing a cigar shop a few minutes before being shot, they got upset and wanted more justice. this time against Mr. Brown's victim.

I support the notion that this is just an excuse to get free stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior

So black people and white people have a community? Lol cmon man. Its a use of force dispute. Race is irrelevant.

All blacks are not like that. Dont let this turn you into a racist. Thats exactly why they put it in that perspective and used those words. They got you (msm)

If people can't use the terms black and white in referring to race. then how are they to describe who is lootin' and shootin'?

Realize we must have a way to communicate without it being taken as racist. We are all equal no matter what color or creed but we are of different races.

We are learning by what is going on in Iraq that many there are white blue eyed people with even blond hair. And everyone had the idea that all Iraqis were brown /black hair, olive skin and brown to green eyes.

We are MEN we are all created equal and have the same rights in this country. It is how they use them to prosper that differs.

Take the following.

"The Govt gives free education, but many are dropping out, so they lower the standards and the drop out rate remains the same. then they stand up and say their is no cultural relevance, so they add more diversity but the drop out rate remains the same."

Now which race is being mentioned?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's what I like to call "justified" looting.
The people in that town don't give a damn about the dead kid.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

He didn't say all blacks were like that. He was talking about the criminal element within this community (all communities have them unfortunately), yet you are scooting around the racism word already, even though the OP makes a totally valid point.

Theres no racism at all here.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Race aside (because we all know how those arguments end up) I agree. The longer this destructive rampage of Ferguson's goes on, the less I'm liable to listen. What's the phrase again, "Don't s*** where you eat"? Ferguson hasn't figured that out yet. Destroying their community & financially butchering their neighborhood commerce out of misdirected anger isn't going to solve a damn thing, and unless the majority of the community comes together, grows a pair, and starts slamming the looters back in full united force, nothing's going to be accomplished at all other than a really bad reputation.

Put it this way: I'm losing pity for them quickly.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There isn't exactly a 'black community' or 'white community', is there? There's just dickheads that are using this as an excuse to vent whatever rage they have inside them - whether it be right or otherwise, and people who actually wanted to be strongly vocal in their opposition to the incident.

You say that for someone to receive justice one must "conduct yourself in a manner where all eyes are focused on your need for justice", but what should people do if that is already how we conduct themselves and it get's them nowhere?

I don't agree with looting and rioting, it's counter-productive and hugely damaging, but I can't blame people for being white hot with rage.

At least there is a huge focus on the actions of the police in this case - from all over the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

If people can't use the terms black and white in referring to race. then how are they to describe who is lootin' and shootin'?

Realize we must have a way to communicate without it being taken as racist. We are all equal no matter what color or creed but we are of different races.

We are learning by what is going on in Iraq that many there are white blue eyed people with even blond hair. And everyone had the idea that all Iraqis were brown /black hair, olive skin and brown to green eyes.

We are MEN we are all created equal and have the same rights in this country. It is how they use them to prosper that differs.

Take the following.

"The Govt gives free education, but many are dropping out, so they lower the standards and the drop out rate remains the same. then they stand up and say their is no cultural relevance, so they add more diversity but the drop out rate remains the same."

Now which race is being mentioned?

I must say you are incredibly wrong about "everyone being equal no matter what color or creed people are, yet there are still difference in race" ???? What race? There is ONLY ONE race of humans. It is the human race. We, as humans are 99.9% identical in DNA. So why do we need the differentiation of "race" or "color"? Racism is nothing more than materialistic ignorance. Culturally, yes, people are different. And imagine that, they are culturally divided through historical segregation in the southern US.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

That may be because you do not want to see people as equals in the pursuit of prosperity and happiness.

However, People are not equal in moral standards, are not equal in responsible life practices in pursuit of peace. prosperity and happiness.

This is because people are lazy and would rather have something given them as a right rather than work for it.

In the later case I respect and agree with Mr. Farrakhan's promotion of black men respecting themselves and living above the standard that they have settled into. I don't agree that the white man yolked them into it. I think that to be a copout. The only answer is to educate themselves all the way through college and work hard, they are just as capable as any other man to prosper and live peaceful moral up right life in this world.

Human race is only viable if you believe their is the existence of other life in the universe. But here in the real world men are of different ethnic backgrounds to deny such is to deny reality.

edit on 16-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The video and the article both address the fact that Ferguson residents came to the rescue of the business being looted. How can you indict a whole community for the acts of a few stupid people? I'd say that the residents of Ferguson have grown "a pair" they had to over the years, it's the only way they have stayed as calm and collected as they have living under police brutality.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Sure did look like a lot more than a few stupid people to me.

So, what, now the store in the fault of all the problems?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Ferguson has a population of 21,000 people. It was a few. Not one person in this thread as made note of the fact that is was Ferguson residents that stood against the looters.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pennydrops

He clearly said "black community" and therefore is stating that only black people are responsible for the crime and looting.

Tieing skin color to a situation that doesnt need it implies the OP has a raceist perspective. Its not bad to see the world that way...its just irresponsible to others as thoughtless and factless generalizations tend to offend and also serve as a sign of ignorance.

I agree with the OP point that there is a criminal trend growing in the community of ferguson. But in the context of "the black community does this" and will "have a hard time gaining support from the white community" references the national level as no declaration of "within ferguson" was made. Symantics i know...im mainly pointing out the word choice as something that he could have been more careful with because it doesnt really send the message as intended.

"They were in the drivers seat" lol that was the best part. Op is stating that black people keep looting and therefore white people wont support them...this also implies that the support of white people is necessary for getting justice.

The use of force dispute has nothing to do with the looting. They arent going to throw out the officers conduct because the "black community" wont behave.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
People that don't want to talk about race are not only completely ignorant but completely naive!! Look bottomline is black "culture"….i.e. thug, gangster, rap, "it's a black thang" mentality is A BIG PART of why black youth are going nowhere and have been going nowhere. Look at the role models black youth have! The NBA, Hollywood, Music Industry…….name one positive role model black youths have???????? Tyler Perry? Please……most young black kids probably think he's an uncle tom. That's the problem. The black communities are so against taking a step towards sophistication, education, etc. Black people don't look up to Bill Cosby. He's an uncle tom to them. And we are not talking about ALL black people. We are talking about the MAJORITY of black communities. And yes it is a MAJORITY!

I grew up in St. Louis and guess what? All the black educated people live in WHITE neighborhoods. So for all you morons who think this isn't a race issue you're WRONG! It most certainly is and the black race is in deep trouble! Name ONE middle class black neighborhood? There isn't ONE in St. Louis that is HALFWAY safe to walk through. EVERY black dominated city in St. Louis is wrought with crime, poverty, drugs and violence. I KNOW I GREW UP THERE! 50 years ago Ferguson was a normal neighborhood.

People want to talk about diversity!!!!! Where is the diversity now? North St. Louis used to be filled with Italians, Poles, Germans, etc. Guess what? They all moved out and North St. Louis went to crap! When I was a kid my family had friends that lived in a beautiful big old Mansion in the middle of what is now North St. Louis. It was such an amazing place! And guess what? They had to move because of the blacks. A black family took it over and the mansion looks like a dilapitated third world building. Sad! East St. Louis used to be an amazing place, it was a thriving black community with a huge jazz presence etc.

And no I didn't get beat up by black kids when I was a kid. LOL Quite the opposite. But I was exposed to inner city black youth my entire teenage life. I know how they are. There were a few good ones and a good friend of mine growing up was black. But a majority were just thug hate white boy punks. But they respected me because I didn't put up with their # and I was good at street basketball. Go figure!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Where in St. Louis did you grow up? When did you leave? Depending on when you were here, you may have been witness to a lot of government corruption. Most St. Louisans put the blame of St. Louis' decline squarely on a few past Mayors and city leaders.

Today's St. Louis and surrounding areas don't look the same as it did back in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Its purity sad when the people of Furgeson have to stop the looter's and the PD just moves back as if to say "have at it", not even a cop standing with them in support.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

That is how it is up in Ferguson. The local police stood by and watched the looting on Sunday. I know of many instances where folks have been brutalized by the police. I met a gal on the night this all started and she explained to me how a cop snuck up on her with his gun drawn after she had pulled into her driveway. Her crime...loud muffler.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

On the other hand, I feel the police ignored the looting to show that the protests are not just about a cop killing of an un-armed teen, but an outlet to loot and shoot at police. The police knew by letting it go unchecked it was proving to the public the need for police presence. It was like saying, "see we told you so."

If that's their true reason behind standing by wand watching it, they're negligent in their duties in a very immature and irresponsible way for which they should be held accountable. As police they can't rightfully stand by while property is destroyed just to make a point (but this jurisdiction seems to be filled with its own corruption, if you look at the its history). The first reaction to go militaristically overboard and then the next reaction by standing by watching thing get destroyed just to prove a point? That's ridiculous. And if true, they should be disciplined.

As another poster mentioned, your own article (and the front page banner on CNN itself, says how the protesters themselves are standing between the looters and the the stores. That is admirable, so condemning the whole lot of citizens for the actions of a few is erroneous.

As I mentioned in another thread, blaming an entire group of people for the actions of a few (ALL blacks, ALL JEWS, ALL Muslims, etc) is fundamentally wrong and logically flawed.

a reply to: Witness2008

Thank you for your reason and sensibility in your posts in this thread.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Okay...if i live in a town largely populated by black people then its not a "black town" or an area i should use to make generalizations on the future of "the black race".

I dont care where youre from. You have a racist perspective. You actually interviewed the MAJORITY of black people in st louis and asked what they think of Bill Cosby? Or was that another thoughtless generalization?

You played streetball and beat up black people as a youngin? And your saying that all those blacks screwed up beautiful st louis and caused people to move out.

Thank you for pointing out how completely naive i am.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join