It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Furgeson community is shooting itself in the foot!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I understand that you no longer live here, so I shall give you a pass on your ignorance of the area.

I too live on the South Side. Very integrated and from what I am seeing and experiencing everyone gets along.

The ethnic neighborhoods still stand, and with their ethnicity still in tact and drawing the tourists. The Hill...still the old wonderful Italian restaurants and shopping, just had dinner down there a couple of weeks ago. I saw a number of black folks too...and what do you know....no one was shot or robbed.

The very German Bevo Mill area opened it's arms and now has the wonderful claim of having the largest Bosnian population in the country. And you are wrong about the Bosnians adding to the crime. In fact the Bevo area all the way to Tower Grove park has been built up with lovely business and the homes are being renovated.

I lived in University city which borders Washington University and the Forest Park and never saw what you are trying to make people believe.

The Esquire Theater is in a lovely part of town and I had done a two day stay at St. Marys hospital just to the east of the Theater. I was walking all over Clayton road going to cafe's and eating out as I did not like the cafeteria food. I walked a few times in the dark in the area.

I'm going to guess that one or two Black people is just too much for you, and where ever you see them means the place is ghetto.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

lol.... St. Louis is the craziest place I have ever seen in my life. I won't even stop in that town, or its surrounds, to so much as get gas if I have to drive through it (because I70 goes through) on a vacation...

I have lived in the worst part of Kansas City... I am talking the part of Kansas City that is the absolute worst of the worst for that town... and it is a walk in the park compared to St. Louis.

I was on vacation once, and there was an accident on I70 in St. Louis and traffic was at a dead stop. My ex (against my better judgement) decided to get off the highway to go around the accident. So we did.

And we spent the next 20 minutes of our life in more danger than I could ever have imagined. People started shooting at us... actual bullets... for the crime of driving through their area... not just one.. many... and i had children in my car!!!

We had to drive as fast as humanly possible dodging bullets all the while trying to figure out how to get back on the highway...

Believe me you all can have your godforsaken city... I wont even get gas within 75 miles of there.. and if I can help it I will avoid I70 through there if at all humanly possible!

I have lived in what is considered the worst of the worst part of Kansas City... where angels fear to tread... and I have never ever seen anyone shoot at random cars just for driving through it!
edit on 16-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Ferguson has made it clear that it doesn't want its cops' help. So the cops will show them what it is like to not have police help them. Maybe they will stop complaining about how bad it is to have cops protect them. Also, I wouldn't make any moves as a cop and accidentally turn another thug criminal into a martyr. What a world.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

They're police. They have a duty. When they see looting and people throwing Molotov cockatils they can't just stand by like immature kids and say, "Well, we'll show you what it's like for us to not respond." That's the most ridiculous rationale I have ever heard.

Of course, from what I've been reading about that region and jurisdiction, that is the exact attitude many of those police likely would, in fact, have, and that's part of the problem: NOT helping citizens and businesses in need/under threat.

*smh*

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I was on vacation once, and there was an accident on I70 in St. Louis and traffic was at a dead stop. My ex (against my better judgement) decided to get off the highway to go around the accident. So we did. And we spent the next 20 minutes of our life in more danger than I could ever have imagined. People started shooting at us... actual bullets... for the crime of driving through their area... not just one.. many... and i had children in my car!!! We had to drive as fast as humanly possible dodging bullets all the while trying to figure out how to get back on the highway...

This is the most amusement I have had today. I'm compelled to call bull# on that one.

It's probably best that that the greater St. Louis has one less racist in her midst. I think the decline in the racist population is why St. Louis is doing better than it has in a while. Funny stuff

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So I'm sitting over here trying to find out what is wrong with some people. It's common for black people to complain about police bothering them for supposedly no reason. The whole "you just pickin on me cuz I be black" nonsense. Well It seems that the entire stereotype has been backed up over the past few days. Why do police possibly profile certain types of people? Maybe they are seen as troublemakers, maybe not. Lets break this down a little...

Cop shoots black man(who just committed a robbery)
neighborhood freaks out
neighborhood loots it's own stores and lights stuff on fire

So how exactly is looting from your own community going to help? What does it have to do with the situation you are supposedly pissed about? "Oh this muthafu**in white man shot a innocent(NOT) black boy(MAN) now we gonna steal from the liquor store to show how mad we is."
Fu**ing stupid.
Stereotyped as troublemakers...then caused trouble. Hm. End rant.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

lol... racist I'm not... and true that story is. We ended up with three bullet holes in the car... just because we were trying to get around an accident.

Crazy...

And no... I'm really not racist. But your town is the worst I have ever seen. Makes Kansas City's bad neighborhoods look like yuppy-ville.

I'll take Kansas City any day of the week. It is you who don't want to admit just how bad your city is.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Tell that to the cop who has death threats against him and had to leave the area and go under protection because he was doing his duty. If the cops intervened in the looting I bet they would have gotten attacked by the protestors. At least that might have been their concern.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Very good. You stay in Kansas City and I'll remain here. Truce.

Why in the world would you have not reported having been shot at? You had three bullet wholes as evidence.

I

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I understand that you no longer live here, so I shall give you a pass on your ignorance of the area.

I too live on the South Side. Very integrated and from what I am seeing and experiencing everyone gets along.

The ethnic neighborhoods still stand, and with their ethnicity still in tact and drawing the tourists. The Hill...still the old wonderful Italian restaurants and shopping, just had dinner down there a couple of weeks ago. I saw a number of black folks too...and what do you know....no one was shot or robbed.

The very German Bevo Mill area opened it's arms and now has the wonderful claim of having the largest Bosnian population in the country. And you are wrong about the Bosnians adding to the crime. In fact the Bevo area all the way to Tower Grove park has been built up with lovely business and the homes are being renovated.

I lived in University city which borders Washington University and the Forest Park and never saw what you are trying to make people believe.

The Esquire Theater is in a lovely part of town and I had done a two day stay at St. Marys hospital just to the east of the Theater. I was walking all over Clayton road going to cafe's and eating out as I did not like the cafeteria food. I walked a few times in the dark in the area.

I'm going to guess that one or two Black people is just too much for you, and where ever you see them means the place is ghetto.

Everyone gets along? LOL yeah because they aren't shooting each other? Is that how you define "getting along"? Look I'm the first person to admit my own bias. I now live in one of the safest and nicest areas of the country (even though I hate it and miss a lot that St. Louis has to offer), Orange County, CA. A lot of the city is dirty, dilapidated, run down, and just plain ugly. My brother and his wife lived in South City and like you describe sure everyone got "along" and there weren't drive by shootings every night but it was just a depressing place. Roads are crap, infrastructure is run down etc. I guess that is 21st century urban living in America. They were both teachers in the county and having two young kids moved out. Back to Kirkwood (Glendale) actually. I wish EVERY kid black, white or green could have had the childhood I experienced growing up in Glendale. I have strong ties to ST. Louis. But the place has changed. My family moved out of Kirkwood when I was a kid out to West County/Manchester area. Valley Park was beautiful back in the early 1990s. Now it's a suburban mess absolute suburban sprawl that ruined the area I used to explore as a kid.

When I was a kid off of Doughtery Ferry Road I spent as many days as I could exploring the creeks and forests surrounding the Musuem of Transport. Many people have no idea but when they destroyed the beautiful area surrounded by forests and a creek..snapping turtles, beavers, deer, coyotoes, just an amazing thriving little paradise for a kid……….they plowed through the creek and made it deeper. Well low and behold my friends and I found lots of native American artifacts……beautiful arrowheads. How many idiot suburbanites living in that area even contemplate civilization that existed thousands of years before?

I still have all those arrowheads I found as a kid. And every time I go back and look at where I grew up it's depressing to see how much it's changed. That's why the city is even a bigger disaster in my mind and opinion than the suburban sprawl that has destroyed so much beauty. But the entire country is like that.

Black, white, purple I don't care anymore! Black people are as clueless as the middle class white people in West County who have no clue who is really pulling their strings.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I never once said I didn't.

PS. I'm not in Kansas City anymore... moved 2 weeks ago... living in the mountains now.
totally awesome.
edit on 16-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I never once said I didn't.

PS. I'm not in Kansas City anymore... moved 2 weeks ago... living in the mountains now.
totally awesome.

I don't know what it is about midwestern blacks. But I lived in CO for 7 years. Never saw ANYTHING close to what I saw and grew up with in St. Louis. That's what people like Witness don't understand. Hell I wonder if the guy/kid has even ever gotten out of St. Louis city????? Denver even in the WORST parts never came close to what St. Louis had to offer as far as ghettos and crime etc. Having lived out west for more than 10-15 years I don't think I could EVER move back to a midwest metropolitan area. Southern CA has changed a lot for the worse too. Wife and I are taking our kids up to OR.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I have lived in several cities. And like all St. Louisans, I like it here. Those that don't have every right to move to other places.

My issue with your descriptions of the St. Louis area is that they are exaggerated and definitely slanted toward a racist view.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The largest experience I had with blacks was in Kansas City, so to me that was normal. I do know that even Kansas City was rough compared to black neighborhoods in other parts of the country, just from knowing blacks from places like Virginia and North Carolina...

The blacks who are from Virginia and North Carolina in attitude are just like just your average while country folk, from what I saw in them as people - so I do know there are big differences in culture etc depending on where they are from.

There are many black people on this forum too who don't carry the same mentality as you sometimes see. But I have judged that to be more individual ... as there are good and bad everywhere.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It seems that the root of the black communities problems is that individually they are unable or refuse to face up to their own failings and short comings. a person has to admit that there is a problem before they can start trying to fix it.
They want the police to stop crime but then they become indignant and make excuses when one of their own family members is arrested for committing a crime.

Instead of humbling admitting to there shortcomings as parents the Brown`s became "enraged" at the police when the police released the video of their son committing a serious crime.
"Stop other people from committing crimes but leave my family alone when we commit crimes" is why crime in the black communities never seems to diminish.Until they individually start to hold themselves to the same standards they hold other people to they will never improve their lives or their communities.

People are even making excuses for his criminal activity by saying things like, " it wasn`t really a crime it was just shoplifting".Even Brown`s partner in crime Mr.Johnson never told the police about the assault on the shopkeeper he only said that brown "stole" cigars, in his mind the assault wasn`t even worth mentioning because it wasn`t really a crime.

I feel bad for the grandmother who was so proud that her grandson was a decent upstanding college bound young man only to find out that he was a common street thug.
be careful what you ask for, if you ask for a low crime community then be prepared and don`t complain when one of your family members is thrown in jail for committing crimes.
Black communities don`t seem to understand that having a low crime community is hard work and everyone individually needs to do their part to make it low crime.You can`t have a low crime community if you or your family members are stealing cigars from stores, because believe it or not stealing IS a crime.To you stealing cigars might not really be a crime but to your neighbor stealing cars might not really be a crime.It`s not your responsibility to decide what is and is not a crime, the laws have already decided that, it`s your responsibility to make sure that you and your family obey the laws.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I know what you are saying and you're not trying to be an ass but statements like this make me want to shake sense into people... "I can't support your just cause because you can't control people that have nothing to do with you".

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I have lived in several cities. And like all St. Louisans, I like it here. Those that don't have every right to move to other places.

My issue with your descriptions of the St. Louis area is that they are exaggerated and definitely slanted toward a racist view.

Exactly my point too. I guess i just dont see the world like that. If you watch the news a lot its hard not to be somewhat of a racist because they play cards to generate interest and unrest to ensure good ratings. Trayvon is the best example. "The unarmed african american teen gunned down by a white-hispanic" Hundreds of white people were attacked across the US in his honor because of how the media reported the story. Then in the trial we find out that he attacked Zimmerman and went for his gun in the struggle. Now Mike Brown reportedly went for the gun of a cop...and is no longer with us. But he is "the unarmed black teen slayne by a white cop". What happens in Ferguson when the cop is aquitted and not charged? The media already sold it as a race war and people in the town didnt even believe that it is Mike in the video...when you can clearly tell its him. Wait until the real meltdown begins.

1% of the US makes over $500,000 a year. The other 99% of us get divided by race, religion, etc. I would give anybody the shirt off my back if they really needed it with no regard for race gender or petty differences. Even if they were criminals or whatever the case. We all face variations of the same challenges and should stand together.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I know residents of St Louis want to speak well of your town, but my friends, clients and employees, who are Black and live in Detroit proper, talk badly of St Louis when they have visited relatives there. You got some pretty bad issues if Detroiters go to your City and say "damn". Your reputation has preceeded you now nationally.

You probably don't want to believe me. Just stating what I have heard. We did the same thing here in Detroit, ignored the problems till they couldn't be ignored anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The Furgeson community is shooting itself in the foot!

Brown was shot in the head not the foot

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
*STATE OF EMERGENCY AND CURFEW DECLARED IN FERGUSON *

www.rawstory.com...

Here's a novel idea...don't police the protesters - police the looters/rioters.
They stood by and watched the looting and now they are punishing all of the citizens of Ferguson for the acts of a few.
edit on 8/16/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join