It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands up don't shoot! Protest feeds from around the U.S Live feeds here

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: FirePiston

What game is that? This has moved beyond one singular shooting. Today was an event to recognize all victims of police brutality.

I have seen various news agencies show the police "attack" while also omitting 20 seconds prior as to WHY they moved in. The other news agencies show the same video, but ALSO SHOW the attack on the police/public prior to them moving in.
Firepiston

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

And again, this event today is beyond one singular shooting, video, incident. There were vigils/protests scheduled in 90 cities today to recognize victims of police brutality.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2014 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Often denied. The right of the people to assemble and dissent does not need permission.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree that it shouldn't need permission. My city had to put up with the KKK because they filed the right paperwork. Then there was a counter demonstration accross town to spread love not hate. We can beat them with their own rules.

I do not want children thinking they should have to say "hands up don't shoot". I want my children. And yours too actually to be unafraid of LE interactions.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

I do not want children thinking they should have to say "hands up don't shoot". I want my children. And yours too actually to be unafraid of LE interactions.

That right there^^^ is what everyone should be thinking about

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Look at things from a police officers prospective. I have worked with many..

Call number 1: Domestic violence. Some drunk dude smacked his wife.

CAll number 2: Kid stole an ipod from walmart.

Call number 3: Neighbors upstairs playing loud music.

Now, the ghetto folk.

Call number 1: OFFICER DOWN OFFICER DOWN

Call number 2: Shots fired suspect on foot!

Call number 3: Suspected carjacker continuing southbound, 80mph

Now which category of people are the police going to be on guard for? Which category PISS them off so much as to why their wife wants to divorce them in fear of them not coming home after their shift?

Firepiston

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: kruphix

Actually you can. If you pay to get the proper demonstration documentation. Then if there are issues there are names and organizations responsible.

Ok, but this group didn't get any permits for their march.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

you nailed it, and the mere opposition to it is unlawful and undemocratic.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Uh oh, looks like we've got a jack booted thug in our midst here in this thread.

Once again - the police chose this line of work. I am sure Michael did not choose to have his life ended at 18.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Uh oh, looks like we've got a jack booted thug in our midst here in this thread.

Once again - the police chose this line of work. I am sure Michael did not choose to have his life ended at 18.[/quote

And Mike did something stupid as to why he got shot in the first place. Like the dude in walmart walking around with a bb gun when cops told him 3 times to drop it. Must be racist!
Firepiston
edit on 15-8-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Once again - the police chose this line of work. I am sure Michael did not choose to have his life ended at 18.

And Mike did something stupid as to why he got shot in the first place. Like the dude in walmart walking around with a bb gun when cops told him 3 times to drop it. Must be racist! Cops do NOT just gun down an unarmed dude.. UNLESS they thought he was armed by his actions or, being how they are superhumanly strong and fast, overpowered the officer. Many of people have pulled out a cell phone in the dark. Whatever he did warranted them to shoot. Probably something dumb like trying to reach in his pockets to get rid of something. When the cops say STOP, you stop! Let the lawyers figure it out after.
edit on 15-8-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston

And Mike did something stupid as to why he got shot in the first place.

Really? Just what did he do exactly? Please tell us all, obviously you were there and were a witness to this interaction right? If not, that makes you a spectator, just like the rest of us, and you have no idea what really happened.

Like the dude in walmart walking around with a bb gun when cops told him 3 times to drop it. Must be racist!

So was Mike walking around with a weapon at the time he was stopped? No? Then you can not compare these two incidents.

Cops do NOT just gun down an unarmed dude.. UNLESS they thought he was armed by his actions or, being how they are superhumanly strong and fast, overpowered the officer.

Have anything to back up this claim? Cause I can spend 15 minutes and dig up case after case of Police shooting an unarmed man, that they KNEW was unarmed.

Many of people have pulled out a cell phone in the dark.

And this is related to this case how? Oh it's not? Nice straw man.

Whatever he did warranted them to shoot.

So you are suggesting that Police Officers are never wrong? Are they infallible? They have never, ever, made a mistake? If they have made mistakes, then one can not simply assume that "whatever he did, he had a reason for it so it should not be questioned".

Probably something dumb like trying to reach in his pockets to get rid of something. When the cops say STOP, you stop! Let the lawyers figure it out after.

Again- were you there? Were you a witness? No? Then you have no clue what you are talking about and you are speculating in an attempt to justify the actions of the Police Officer in question..and doing a very poor job at it.
edit on 15-8-2014 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
To the poster[s] who think the poor police are doing the right thing, whilst the nasty protesters need to be taught a lesson..[.not in so many words but I can read between the lines you know]:

It is not the one incident that is causing people to at last gather and do something about your police brutality. Michael was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
I sincerely hope that those police people who are still decent and want to do the job as it was intended also go to these demonstrations.

Now is the time to sort things out. If it comes to violence from the people's side, ask your forefathers if they would have been fine just standing there with placards in their hands. Well of course not.

Your police is out of control, your country is out of control and I am glad to see that there are still americans who have the guts to stand up for what is right. Revolutions are often bloody and some people could die but that has been the case forever when justice needs to be brought back.

Nothing can defend the ridiculous behaviour of your police, from arming them as if they were in combat, to pretending all civilians are enemies. They are supposed to keep peace and not beat up, shoot or blow up people [and babies] just for drug related offences or because they can.
What happened to the approachable cop that helps when you are lost, walks the streets to keep an eye out, speaks to people and is a good rolemodel for kids who want to be just like them, the good guy?
Eh?
People shouldn't be afraid of those that are employed to protect them. But they are not there to protect you, they think that everyone is a criminal [enemy] until proven otherwise. Over the top SWAT activity, when a knock to the door could sort out any misunderstandings. Beating/shooting the homeless or the mentally ill instead of compassion, the list goes on.

Now people had enough and they are showing it. Good. As I said, those cops who are decent also have a chance now to speak out. Hope they do!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
Yea I was watching that (the NYC "protest"), those guys seemed more like opportunistic attention whores than people who really care about what they're protesting for. It's as though they were like:

"Hey look at us we're protesting yay! Oh noes, we're getting arrested, police brutality, police brutality!"

...idiots.

a reply to: IrishCream

ROTFL....hit the nail on the head.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Some of the things I've been reading sounds like people expect the public to be trained in how to handle the police, rather than the police be trained on how to handle the public.

The LEOs need to understand that the public may not know what to do, that's their job. It is nit their job just to shoot. Last time I checked the public didn't walk around in bullet proof vests under their uniforms.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Current live feeds active...
www.ustream.tv...
&
www.ustream.tv...

Also

St. Louis County Police Scanner

www.ustream.tv...
edit on 16-8-2014 by Black_Fox because: AdD

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link