It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, if anything, do you think needs to be changed about the U.S. Constitution?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The title pretty much sums it up. Please explain, if you feel the constitution needs to be changed. Which amendment(s) or article(s) and why?

Furthermore, what do you propose as a solution or as a ratification?

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
adherence...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Perfect!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

The 16th Amendment.
We shouldn't have to pay a tax on our income earned through trading our time for labor.
From my understanding, the amendment was barely ratified.
edit on 8/11/2014 by imnotanother because: fixing error - thanks paranoidAmerican

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
False idol and a false contract. The Phoenix is the Constitution. The rebirth is the ideas it represents.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

I think you mean should NOT.

Interesting these states have never ratified it,.....
The legislatures of the following states rejected the amendment without ever subsequently ratifying it:

Connecticut
Rhode Island
Utah
Virginia[33]

The legislatures of the following states never considered the proposed amendment:

Florida
Pennsylvania
edit on 11-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Overhaul the entire system.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What, if anything, do you think needs to be changed about the U.S. Constitution?

Those who were sworn to uphold it. That needs a serious change!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

We need to revert back to the Articles of Confederation and make amendments to that. I would start by adding the Bill of Rights to it.

Im fine with a powerless federal govt:

The national military should be done away with, and each state should be in charge of its own military.

The declaration of war should be left to the State too. That way, if a state doesnt agree with nation building operations, they can abstain.

Taxes should be a flat 10% on sales. If you can live without having to buy, you dont pay tax. Of that 10%, the Federal Government recieves 10% (10% of 10%).

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: okamitengu
adherence...

I agree fully.

I think about everything needed is in there if we just followed it as it was written.

But yeah, the 16th needs to be sorely looked at.
edit on 11-8-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Overhaul the entire system.

im not an american, and I agree, all western style Westminster democracies need to be rebuilt.

Direct Democracy

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If anything is done I would want it to be amendments to further limit and define Federal powers. The FEDs need to be reigned in and power returned to state and local government.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Definately an amendment to:

State unequivically that Corporations (and other 'groupings of natural persons') are not people nor do they have the rights of natural persons.

That money is not equivalent to speech.

and

Completely publically funded elections at all levels of government. No Private funds may be used for electioneering.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

I don't like the idea of a Democracy it is nothing more than mob rule 50.1% control the 49.9%.. ahh I see the name includes Republic in it..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think one thing that definitely needs to go is the Electoral College. It may have been needed when communications were slow and election results took weeks or months to gather at a central location, but it's been unnecessary every since the invention of the telegraph. There is no reason not to dispose of it and go to direct elections. One person, one vote.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

to clarify its only a name, it is open to membership to change. at the initial conception it was envisioned as a republic style however as it has evolved that has changed.

please come contribute. the only way to see it output something you like is to join in.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I would like to see an exclusion to the 14th based upon having the child born while illegally being here. You have committed a crime violating our border laws, and and US sovereignty and therefore profiting from a crime. Something no citizen of the United States can do. In fact under the Rico act you can have any and all assets confiscated from the profit of a crime.

Sovereignty can be described as freedom from external control. The influx of illegals, and their burden to our system with or without childbirth has definitely added external controls to the US and it economy. Our system of law says you can't profit from a crime and yet it happens everyday if you are here illegally, especially with political consent from both ruling parties of the government.

If I could give okamitengu 10,000 stars I would.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

Congress retains the right to tax as they see appropriate.

I have sympathy for your stance, but if we are not taxed, then our government can do less.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I have mixed feelings and thoughts about this, but I have also deliberated the same issue.

You think just an exclusion of that part of the text would solve it? I think so, as far as text is concerned. What do you propose for actual reality? How do we secure the border, and what do we do with the illegals and their currently legal babies?

I think maybe secure the border first, then change the constitution, then it will apply to all new illegals.

I think you make a great point.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Two words.

Term limits!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join