It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FWC Considers Legalizing Silencers for Hunters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think you are confusing registering the suppressor with having to have a special license. No, you do not need a special license, but you DO NEED TO REGISTER IT.

"10. How long does it take to register a suppressor?

This can vary widely depending on several factors. You can check out this page to see up-to-date statistics for what we’re getting back at the moment; although, times definitely fluctuate, so it’s likely your wait won’t be exactly the same."

from the same site you sited as proof you do need to register it.

Here is the ATF form 4 that must be completed, notice the title of the form on the pdf "Application for Tax Paid Transfer and
Registration of Firearm" here is a link the pdf www.atf.gov...

They are federally regulated just like a Short Barrled rifle, or a select fire/fully automatic weapon. these have to be registered as well.

edit on 59082 by SM2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2
That seems contradictory. Also semi auto rifles done need a class 3 weapons registration last i checked.

edit on 14000000ppam by yuppa because: further study was done

SM2

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ok, i think the problem is, you are misunderstanding the class 3 . the class 3 license is for manufactures of weapons primarily.

All NFA (national firearm act) items, this included SBRs, suppressors, fully automatic weapons and destructive devices i.e mortors, etc, are subject to the ATF form 4 , background check, fbi fingerprinting, law enforcement signature and registration.

from the ATF website

www.atf.gov...

"Q: The types of firearms that must be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record are defined in the NFA and 27 CFR, Part 479. What are some examples?

Some examples of the types of firearms that must be registered are:

Machine guns;
The frames or receivers of machine guns;
Any combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting weapons into machine guns;
Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for converting a weapon into a machine gun;
Any combination of parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person;
Silencers and any part designed and intended for fabricating a silencer;
Short-barreled rifles;
Short-barreled shotguns;
Destructive devices; and,
“Any other weapon.”

A few examples of destructive devices are:

Molotov cocktails;
Anti-tank guns (over caliber .50);
Bazookas; and,
Mortars.

A few examples of “any other weapon” are:

H&R Handyguns;
Ithaca Auto-Burglar guns;
Cane guns; and,
Gadget-type firearms and “pen” guns which fire a projectile by the action of an explosive.

[26 U.S.C. 5845] "

Q: How can an individual legally acquire NFA firearms?

Basically, there are 2 ways that an individual (who is not prohibited by Federal, State, or local law from receiving or possessing firearms) may legally acquire NFA firearms:

By transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee.
By obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.

[27 CFR 479.62-66 and 479.84-86]"

See the way it works, is each of these types of items are registered upon manufacture, or in the case of pre 1986 machine guns etc, upon transfer.Then transferred again once you purchase them.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok
In Michigan, silencers are already legal for everyone for any weapon. I don't get your point in regards to using it for hunting.

Hunting or self-defense. Why does it matter?

MS
CPL/CCW holder/carrier

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Here you go:

linky

And since "law abiding gun owners" are pretty much afraid of anything including their own shadow, legalized murder.
edit on 11-8-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Here you go:

linky

And since "law abiding gun owners" are pretty much afraid of anything including their own shadow, legalized murder.

Only in your head. And apparently the thing you fear are "law-abiding" gun owners, but you ignore the criminal element, or maybe even forgive them?

Pretty much the only things that I am afraid of are burning to death or being eaten alive. There are probably a few more out there.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is a good idea for them fenced in places that are over populated with herds. At this point i think hunting should be done with bows.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Another Dramatic over the top Anti-2nd thread by the resident ATS'er that fears others exercising freedoms.

Really?? Is that really what you have chosen to spend your time on?

You do understand that ownership of suppressors is common. The use of suppressors, they are not silencers, for hunting is common as well.

Your basically understanding of such things is yet again shown to be little to nothing. You rely on Google and anything published by groups like MDA and others.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Has to do with scaring the other animals in the herd.

Coyote hunters use them, so they can strike multiple targets on one stand.

Also, shooting without ear protection even outside can still hurt your eardrums.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Here you go:

linky

I didn't expect anything more from you than this.

And I am aware that you do not think that you are reaching when you call it 'legalized murder', although it is a mighty long reach.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Got any stats for criminals using suppressors during the course of criminal activities?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Where do you come up with this crap????

I mean honestly.

I realize you are spoon-fed this BS, but to not really engage your brain on these things has just got to hurt..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join