It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL MLB NBA Prediction Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Make all your pro sports predictions here for the current and upcoming seasons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------

Mine:
NBA: Cavs vs Warriors Finals
MLB: A's vs Giants/Dodgers World Series
NFL: 49ers vs Denver/Patriots

A little Bay Area bias but hey you never know.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
NFL- Chicago Bears (I'm a homer)
NBA- Chicago Bulls (I'm REALLY a homer)
MLB- Anyone but my Cubs, because they suck... haha.. (Not a homer)... But honestly, here, I would put my money on the Oakland Athletics... I like their pitching and I like their depth.. Not a lot of high end studs, but they carry a lot of solid depth (ie. Lowrie, Crisp, Moss, Donaldson, Reddick, etc...)

Love sports threads on ATS, but unfortunately they are very uncommon...WE are the minority on this site, bud... haha

You get my S&F because I love sports talk and I hope more gravitate to this thread

Edit: for Hockey.... Chicago Blackhawks

edit on 10-8-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Heh, I don't do predictions well. I don't follow the NBA, and for the other two, I can just toss out my homering: Royals and Chiefs. I think the Royals have at least a shot at the play-offs this year which is better than they've had in the past, and I haven't seen enough of the Chiefs to really have much opinion on them.

Now, if you want to talk sports ... get me going on some college football here in a few more weeks after I've had some time to do a little more scouting on the competition and form my own opinions. Just don't expect me to have much on teams out of the Big 12. I only have so much time to watch, and I concentrate on my alma's main competitors with a bit of an eye toward the major players in the rest of the country.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
NFL: Baltimore Ravens Vs Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder Vs Miami Heat

NCAAF: Florida State Seminoles Vs Oklahoma Sooners

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: revolution2016

I predict someone will do or say something negative and still be used for the team mean because the individual has the ability to change. Unlike what was allowed to sterling, A racist old guy.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: metalholic

You are aware Miami lost Lebron James, right? lol

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
MLB: A's and dodgers
NBA: Cavs and Clippers
NFL: 49ers v denver

I want to see the royals in the MLB make it all the way but just have my reservations.
A's take the series
Cavs take the final
Niners beat down dever

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Your aware that Wade and Bosh won a ring for Lebron when he failed to be clutch in the finals right? This was not the last Spurs game.

Also you realize that Heat can win without Lebron. Cavs will fail this year because they did not grab Carmello. They'll need a Carmello guy to win a champ.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Your aware that Wade and Bosh won a ring for Lebron when he failed to be clutch in the finals right? This was not the last Spurs game.

Also you realize that Heat can win without Lebron. Cavs will fail this year because they did not grab Carmello. They'll need a Carmello guy to win a champ.

LOL really?? Wade and Bosh are what you're arguing??? Lebron carried that team and he is now gone... When Miami had Lebron they were a 2-1 odds to win the Champ, now he is gone they are a 50-1 odds... Coincidence?

I'm a Bulls fan and they will destroy Miami... The only two teams from the East that will challenge are Chicago and Cleveland...

And why do the Cavs need a Melo guy? Melo hasn't accomplished anything (other than individual stats) in his NBA career. The Cavs have Lebron and Kyrie, they are trading Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love in 14 days (when the 30 day contract hold is up), they will have a NEW big 3, much more superior to Bosh, Wade and Lebron, but will now be Lebron, Kyrie and Love.... I still believe my Bulls can take this team due to their depth, but Cleveland will be VERY tough... Miami, with a OLD wade who can't stay healthy will SUCK... Any time you want to learn about the game just send me a private message

edit on 10-8-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

You'd argue to me with all seriousness in your face that the Pacers are out of it because of what happened to Paul George!

Prediction Alert!!!
edit on 10-8-2014 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You'd argue to me with all seriousness in your face that the Pacers are out of it because of what happened to Paul George!

Prediction Alert!!!

Pacers have lost Paul George (injury), Lance Stephenson (Free Agency) and Roy Hibbert has declined GREATLY... Yes, they are not on par with the Bulls and Cavs...

Bulls have, D Rose (who is killing competition at the US mens team camp), Noah, Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott, Jimmy Butler, etc..... So much quality depth

Cavs have a LEGIT big 3 and will be competitive, but their depth could be a problem come playoffs (similar to this year with the Heat against the Spurs who HAD/HAVE great depth)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'll meet you halfway. Just for farts and laughs.

Thunder - Bulls

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'll meet you halfway. Just for farts and laughs.

Thunder - Bulls

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The Redskins will still be the Redskins by the end of the season.

World events are the sport I follow, and the teams are busting ass! Literally...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Redskins will change their name to the Featherheads out of spite. Donald Sterling will star in his own ESPN2 reality show. Instant replay will change the outcome of the World Series on the final play, and the Cardinals will win the Super Bowl.

I'm serious about those last two. You mock me now...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
MLB. A's and dodgers. A's win

NBA spurs and bulls spurs win

NHL. Who cares nobody is watching any way

NFL broncos and 49ers. Broncos win

NCAA football florida state and michigan state Sparty wins but this could be Oklahoma or ucla.
Florida state will be undefeated because of a crap schedule and the sec will kill each other.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I honestly think the 49ers will go somewhere between 16-0 and 14-2. Whoever else meets them in the Super Bowl will get pounded.

A's will use their solid pitching staff to win a world series, although losing Cespedes was a bad move.

And I like Steve Kerr taking Steph Curry and the Warriors deep this year against Lebron and the Cavs.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Look, the NBA is already promoting a Warriors vs Cavs finals

Curry says he's better on offense than Lebron

RIP Robin Williams

edit on 13-8-2014 by revolution2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The A's and Dodgers look terrible now. Maybe the SF Giants will win the West.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here and saying Baltimore vs SF, Black and Orange World Series.

Most likely the complete opposite will happen.

I'm sticking with the 49ers winning superbowl 49, funky start at 2-2 but i think they are the best overall team.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join