It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yangshan – Surreal Chinese Megalith

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
At Yangshan in China we find what can only be described as a megalithic mystery. There is nothing else like this in China it’s a total one off. Just look at this thing! It obviously had a working function. It was supposedly built in the 1400’s as a tomb but personally I suspect it’s much older. Although unique in China this megalith is reminiscent of the structures we find in Peru.

Utterly Surreal -

s30.postimg.org...

s12.postimg.org...

s27.postimg.org...

s30.postimg.org...

s29.postimg.org...

Curiously inside we find these peculiar stone objects –

s27.postimg.org...

What are they?

s13.postimg.org...

s27.postimg.org...

s27.postimg.org...

Take a look at the knobs/protuberances, very similar to The Temple of the Sun in Ollantaytambo.

s24.postimg.org...

Unfinished Giant Stele in Yangshan -

YouTube Link -

www.youtube.com...

This structure appeared fully formed out of nowhere how bizarre. I really don’t think this was constructed in the 1400’s I personally think this was made by a lost ancient civilisation which left it’s finger prints in places such as Stonehenge, Easter Island, Peru, Egypt ect ect, how about you?

edit on 8/10/2014 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
That is MASSIVE!!!!

Was it carved from one huge rock face? Or moved there some magical way?

Stunningly huge, like the Egyptian tombs carved into the cliff faces!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
That is MASSIVE!!!!

I'm afraid we'll never know for sure. Stunning isn't it

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
That is MASSIVE!!!!

If you look at the first image you'll see it was cut from the rocks of a quarry near Nanking, needless to say the Chinese never tried to move it.

The story is: In 1405, Hongwu's son, the Yongle Emperor, ordered the cutting of a giant stele in this quarry, for use in the Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum of his deceased father. In accordance with the usual design of a Chinese memorial stele, three separate pieces were being cut: the rectangular stele base (pedestal), the stele body, and the stele head (crown, to be decorated with a dragon design). After most of the stone-cutting work had been done, the architects realized that moving stones that big from Yangshan to Ming Xiaoling, let alone installing them there in a proper way, would not be physically possible.

From Yang & Lu 2001, pp. 616–617

The rock

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB
At Yangshan in China we find what can only be described as a megalithic mystery. There is nothing else like this in China it’s a total one off. Just look at this thing! It obviously had a working function. It was supposedly built in the 1400’s as a tomb but personally I suspect it’s much older. Although unique in China this megalith is reminiscent of the structures we find in Peru.

This structure appeared fully formed out of nowhere how bizarre. I really don’t think this was constructed in the 1400’s I personally think this was made by a lost ancient civilisation which left it’s finger prints in places such as Stonehenge, Easter Island, Peru, Egypt ect ect, how about you?

Nah, a few minute research shows it was created in historic times the real mystery is why didn't you do that research before posting? There are mysterious things in the world, this while huge and interesting, isn't particularly mysterious.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yes they went to all that work THEN realised that they couldn't move it lol nonsense how can anyone actually believe that explanation? It is what it is and was built where it is for some mysterious use. Also what about the 'knobs? Look at how much rock that had to be removed to make them stand out surely they had an important function? And why are they so similar to the 'knobs' we see in Peru/Egypt?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yes they went to all that work THEN realised that they couldn't move it lol nonsense how can anyone actually believe that explanation? It is what it is and was built where it is for some mysterious use. Also what about the 'knobs? Look at how much rock that had to be removed to make them stand out surely they had an important function? And why are they so similar to the 'knobs' we see in Peru/Egypt?

Because that is what the Chinese wrote - take it up with them! lol. I do enjoy your dismissing the actual written records of the people who made the thing, in a quarry....I can hear you wailing, " I want it to be sparkly and mysterious".

People (rulers) with absolute power often time put out orders that are impossible to accomplish and it takes a while for the courtiers to talk some sense into them. In the meantime if you value your life you try and do it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I love the 2 scaffolding poles place in the middle, just in case the structure fails.

Several thousand tons of downward force, yep that should do it.

It looks like the guy that had them made wasn't loved as much as he loved himself.

I could imagine the conversation, "now shall we drag these enormous stones that we were forced to carve, to their final destination, or should we just bury the a-hole here"

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Because that is what the Chinese wrote - take it up with them! lol. I do enjoy your dismissing the actual written records of the people who made the thing, in a quarry....I can hear you wailing, " I want it to be sparkly and mysterious".

People (rulers) with absolute power often time put out orders that are impossible to accomplish and it takes a while for the courtiers to talk some sense into them. In the meantime if you value your life you try and do it.

You've spent what 3/4 minutes googling this and now you're an expert?

Do you believe everything that North Korea's Kim Jong-un has written about himself too?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

You've spent what 3/4 minutes googling this and now you're an expert?

Do you believe everything that North Korea's Kim Jong-un has written about himself too?

Yes compared to you.

As I noted earlier I have seen this same item several times before - I keep notes on items that show up a lot. I've been dealing with fringe subjects for decades, I know most by heart now.

The Emperor Yongle was one of China's great leaders, in this case I believe the story - unless you have contra-evidence?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

This site is totally new to me and it’s absolutely stunning and almost unbelievable . Thank you so much for this and for your work presenting it to us. I have to process this for a while and see if some thoughts about the entire thing pops up.

Ps. My advice is just to ignore those mainstream guys and don’t even answer them. To my knowledge these guys have thousands of internet sites, mainstream media canals and books that supports their view on ancient history. There is also hundreds of forums they could use to discuss these things with people who agree with them. So, why do they want to come to ATS, which is a site that are basically discussing non-mainstream issues?

It also seems like they are policing the threads, writing ridiculing answers within a minute after a thread is made. It’s a shame that people like that even come to ATS. I have lots of stuff I want to post , but these guys have eventually made me reluctant to the entire forum.

Keep up the good work. S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: helius

This site is totally new to me and it’s absolutely stunning and almost unbelievable . Thank you so much for this and for your work presenting it to us. I have to process this for a while and see if some thoughts about the entire thing pops up.

Ps. My advice is just to ignore those mainstream guys and don’t even answer them. To my knowledge these guys have thousands of internet sites, mainstream media canals and books that supports their view on ancient history. There is also hundreds of forums they could use to discuss these things with people who agree with them. So, why do they want to come to ATS, which is a site that are basically discussing non-mainstream issues?

It also seems like they are policing the threads, writing ridiculing answers within a minute after a thread is made. It’s a shame that people like that even come to ATS. I have lots of stuff I want to post , but these guys have eventually made me reluctant to the entire forum.
Keep up the good work. S&F

Thank you

I know, it's weird every thread I post the gang of 4 are all over it straight away like a rash. it's unnerving.

I was hoping they'd be more of the spirit of discovery on ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Cool pictures, and thanks for posting them... however, i do have to agree with Hanslune somewhat... Things aren't necessarily mysterious just because you don't know much about them.

You make some very big claims by linking ancient Chinese masonry with Stonehenge, Easter Island, Peru and Egypt... you are not presenting any evidence other than you think some stone nobs look kind of similar.

Your language has an obvious bias to it with many of your comment, such as:
" There is nothing else like this in China it’s a total one off."
That's really not true... there are many enormous ancient stoneworks in China... this is awesome, and probably one, if not the biggest, but not particularly unique in scale... it's just the others thought about actually being able to move them... so are made of smaller pieces. This was a grand idea, but filled with folly.

"It obviously had a working function."
The function was to highlight the power and awe of a great emperor... when it couldn't be moved, people likely lost their lives for the failure. What other function do you think giant stones can have?

"It was supposedly built in the 1400’s as a tomb but personally I suspect it’s much older."
"Supposedly?"... why supposedly? China, when they didn't purposefully destroy history, have always been excellent record keepers, why do you not believe the records that exist on this site?

"This structure appeared fully formed out of nowhere how bizarre."
This just isn't true... I didn't just "appear" out of nowhere, it was carved over a long period of time, many centuries ago.

"I really don’t think this was constructed in the 1400’s I personally think this was made by a lost ancient civilisation"
"An ancient civilisation"... yes... that would be China... "lost?"... not at all... the general history of China, extending back millennia, is fairly well known.

I like this forum for facts... and there are quite a few awesome mysteries in our world... you would get much less resistance if you researched thoroughly and just collected and presented the history of objects, rather than adding wild conjecture to the mix.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

What you're perceiving as persecution isn't really the case although it might appear so. These forums have been around for a long time and a lot of the topics have been done to death, diced and then reposted all over again. Some members have been posting their own threads and posting in here for several years. Believe it or not, some are trained in archaeology - it's their profession.

This means that when someone tries to make the case that archaeologists are liars, or incompetent, there's bound to be resistance. Likewise, the contention that every major stone monument was built by a 'lost race' implies that 99.99% of historians, archaeologists, geologists and the written primary history sources themselves were and continue to be wrong.

The one single factor that is thought to outweigh all of the other evidence is too many people stopping at the moment when a structure amazes us. Instead of reading further to discover, it's too tempting to stand still and begin conjuring lost races or aliens.

In the case of Yangshan, I've never seen it before and it's a stunning example of ill-fated monument. For that, I say thanks as it's given me a little reading this morning. I certainly recognise the idea that a leader with ridiculously ambitious plans was left with egg on their face when this monster couldn't be moved.

The peculiar protuberances were used in South AMerican examples as points to lash what they used for ropes; I'd guess that was the case here too. When trying to sledge/walk a large object, there's more directional leverage available from multiple points. If you think about it, it makes more sense and offers a practical solution to what you perceive as a confounding mystery. It's further borne out if you consider people who work with stone now and then. For example, I've needed to move fairly large stone pieces (lintels, dressed stone etc) and you find that your hands search for the cups or bumps to get a good grip on and then 'walk' the block - it's intuitive and done on a grander scale in these examples.

According to the local Chinese history (and evidence), the ruler Yuanzhang had to give up on that monster, but still had a smaller replacement carved out from the same quarry - have a look. I've only gone straight to wiki and taken a few steps to get a basic view of the unfinished Yangshan stele.

You've posted some very interesting historical sites that have attracted positive/negative comments. Maybe it's because you frame them with an emotional conclusion that others don't share? 'Unfathomable' is actually a statement of fact that can only draw fire from those who find X fathomable enough.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Wow. I’m pretty shocked by this answer by a moderator. I always taught that ATS was one of the few places on internet it was possible to mention the ‘alien’ word without being regarded as insane.

The treads that OP has presented here on ATS lately are some of the most interesting stuff I have read lately and I was looking forward to new such presentations, but perhaps he doesn’t give a # anymore. Sure there are trained archeologists here on ATS, but why should they not accept that someone is doubting their theories . If they come to ATS they should know that there are people there who don’t recognize their theories and should expect that . If they want to discuss their theories with like minded there are lots of possibilities. It’s not that there lack political correct such forums.

I came to ATS because I taught I could discuss these kind of mysterious subjects and issues in an alien context with like minded without being policed by trained archeologists, instead I find that the forum is backing them.

If I want to discuss ancient civilizations under the dictate of mainstream science, I might as well read a history book instead. I was kind of hoping for some interesting alternative theories.

I will probably continue to read selected stuff on this site as a passive user in the future, but I will forever refrain from posting here any more. It is a waste of time, and I recommend other to do the same. If there is no one like us to post threads like this, then the so called trained archeologist can discuss ancient civilizations all by them self. How fun is that going to be.

Enough

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wow, talk about the long-forgotten history blast from the past!! I remember my stepmother(from China) telling me about this site when I was in school. This was kind of like dusting off an old long-lost book for a re-read.

Thanks to Hanslune for the supplied background info, not everyone would have clicked a link off-site to read about it. By today's standards, he had "go big or go home" mindset, check the link a previous poster (Kandinsky) added.

edit on 8/10/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join