It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-year-old Florida Boy Pleaded For His Life While Grandmother Stabbed Him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the most heartbreaking news items I've read in quite a while.

NY Daily - Florida granny stabbed grandson, 7, to death because she was 'fed-up': cops

Martha White, 63, allegedly interrupted Mason Rhinehart and his older brother as they played video games at her Killearn Lakes Plantation home to say she had a 'surprise,' before bringing to the boy to the bathroom and knifing him multiple times.

Her grandchildren were playing video games Tuesday morning when she interrupted them to say she had a “surprise.”

Inviting Mason into the bathroom, she is said to have locked the door — before stabbing the Killearn Lakes Elementary School second grader multiple times.

“I don't want to die, please don't kill me,” the youngster’s older brother heard him screaming in terror.

The uninjured boy later told cops he saw his grandmother — who shouted out that she “had a surprise for him too” — flee the property with a bottle of wine.

Paramedics arrived and found Mason lying on the bathroom floor with multiple stab wounds to his chest. Rushed to hospital, he was tragically declared dead soon after.

What an unfathomably depraved act by this woman — to stab her unsuspecting 7-year-old grandson to death while he pleaded with her not to kill him! UGH.

The article didn't contain many more details, but I just can't imagine what this woman could possibly have been thinking when she did this. I don't often use the word evil, but everything I just read makes me think that evil might just be the exact word to describe this woman.
edit on 2014-8-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

My heart breaks whenever I see cases like these
times are so bad today that poverty and the lack of good education can bring people to this level of depravity

R.I.P poor child and god help the grandmother!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
She was hammered on Xanax an wine. The side effects in the elderly can be bizarre.

www.webmd.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Her mind obviously snapped, it can happen to the nicest people and when she came or comes to her senses she will probably take her own life, Sad but then we do not know what was going through her mind or even if she was in her right mind but she sound's to have gone insane.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It does sound like a pharmaceutical effect.

In a weird way I hope it was. Cannot imagine a grandmother doing this for any other reason. But who knows. I wonder if she had history of mental illness, but if so, would she be looking after kids? Lots of unanswered questions.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Not knowing her mental history, only the fact she was caught with a bottle of wine and Xanax after the murder, it makes me really wonder about the state of the pharmaceutical industry that they crank out drugs of questionable benefit for profit to an increasingly medicated/doped population.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Not knowing her mental history, only the fact she was caught with a bottle of wine and Xanax after the murder, it makes me really wonder about the state of the pharmaceutical industry that they crank out drugs of questionable benefit for profit to an increasingly medicated/doped population.

Yes exactly lets blame big pharma and not the idiot , waste of a flesh person that just stabbed a kid to death.
That's as silly to me as people that give drunk or impaired drivers a free pass regardless of what damage they do.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know drugs mixed with wine can cause a temporary insanity.But when she was with the deputies in custody. She said she did it cause she was fed up. It didn't say she was crying and showing remorse. To me it just sounds like a mean old lady who took the wine and Xanax to work up the courage to do the act not that the drug wine combo caused the act. I know people don't want to believe some people are just evil but sometimes that is the case.
edit on 8-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
She was hammered on Xanax an wine. The side effects in the elderly can be bizarre.

www.webmd.com...

I just don't know. It's not really clear from this article if she grabbed the wine and the Xanax with the intent of committing suicide afterward or if she was under the influence at the time.

Maybe it's her expression in the mugshot? (from NY Daily source)

She looks vaguely satisfied. Very unsettling. This would be some hours afterward too because after she was apprehended, she was taken away on a stretcher and I imagine she was given a psychiatric evaluation, toxicological work up, etc at the hospital.
edit on 2014-8-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have seen some WEIRD behaviors from people on xanax with alcohol in their systems. In fact, my wife's friend has recently ended a relationship with a gentleman because he seems to be addicted to the effects, and then posts facebook pictures of himself holding a pistol to his head.

He's been in multiple times on a Mental Health hold, but keeps getting out, some how, much earlier then what people should.

Big Pharma can keep their evil brain-child known as Xanax. I will stick with 12 yr old single malt scotch. -That is all-

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

She looks like a mean 'ol hag. Hope she spends the rest of her miserable life getting the %*@$ beat out of her in prison by moms and grandmas who actually love their kids. Sick B...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am sorry I read this thread, I should have known better than to click on it.
No offense to the OP, I just don't feel good now.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
He was 7, if she was wealthy, ie the plantation owner, then I believe this was a satanic ritual murder to gain brownie points with the cult she belongs to, at least that is one possibility to the other things on the list. Also there is a possibility that she was taking the blame for a sibling fight go bad, but there must be evidence.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Yes exactly lets blame big pharma and not the idiot , waste of a flesh person that just stabbed a kid to death.
That's as silly to me as people that give drunk or impaired drivers a free pass regardless of what damage they do.

Xanex is specifically desiged to shut down areas of the brain that have to do with processing the consequences of your actions. Rage and aggression are documented and advertised side effects.

These Pharmaceutical s literally change the way your brain processes information.

Don't worry, I don't blame the idiot poster.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatAreThey
Xanex is specifically desiged to shut down areas of the brain that have to do with processing the consequences of your actions. Rage and aggression are documented and advertised side effects.

These Pharmaceutical s literally change the way your brain processes information.

and?
Perhaps we should hold her hand and tell her that the big bad drug companies just made her stab her grandson to death.
Because you know, no one should ever be accountable for their own actions.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Iwinder, you're not alone, bud. I wish I hadn't clicked this thread either

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: WhatAreThey

and?
Perhaps we should hold her hand and tell her that the big bad drug companies just made her stab her grandson to death.
Because you know, no one should ever be accountable for their own actions.

If I understand Xanax correctly from people who've filled their 'scripts, it seriously messes with your impulse control. When you remove the ability to control impulses, bad ish is more likely to happen. I know several other people who've shrank away from Xanax 'scripts they supposedly needed (as per their doc) who did so because they simply didn't trust the med to not render them psychopaths.

One of those folks also mentioned Xanax can permanently your rewire impulse control. Even if it's a microscopically tiny chance of it happening, that & the common side effects are enough for me to never, ever want to take it if I'm ever prescribed it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Great.. Xanax is bad.

As much as some people here want to blame drug companies unless someone held her down and said "drink this wine and take this Xanax" one person is responsible and that is her. Since that didn't happen..This 1 person ended a 7 year old's life in probably one of the most horrible ways that can be imagined oh yah I forget while the kid begged to not die..

So lets see on this thread so far..

1. Satanic cults (yup this is ATS)
2. Drug companies
3. Im surprised someone here has not blamed the CIA , NSA, FEMA or Obama yet.

Yay! Because you know, no one is possible of just being a horrible waste of life and doing something evil..always Satan or the Illuminati.

edit on 8-8-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: olaru12

www.webmd.com...

I just don't know. It's not really clear from this article if she grabbed the wine and the Xanax with the intent of committing suicide afterward or if she was under the influence at the time.

Maybe it's her expression in the mugshot? (from NY Daily source)

She looks vaguely satisfied. Very unsettling. This would be some hours afterward too because after she was apprehended, she was taken away on a stretcher and I imagine she was given a psychiatric evaluation, toxicological work up, etc at the hospital.

The eyes.

Evil inside exposed. Demonic.

You will become more familiar with this kind of evil in time. Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

He was 7, if she was wealthy, ie the plantation owner, then I believe this was a satanic ritual murder to gain brownie points with the cult she belongs to,

no........just no........

And this wasnt a "plantation" like youre thinking of........its a place with homes , not 1800s with crops and wealthy land owners.....

Can we please have an incident where innocence is lost where someone doesnt come on here and blame it on a voodoo ritual or sacrifice to satan.......

No offense Unity but you go to great lengths sometimes to fit these theories you hold into situations that dont warrant it

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatAreThey

Xanax is a short acting drug though. It's not the same as the SSRI's that usually cause these kinds of things.

Honestly, I think she'd be more capable of putting up with kids being wild if she took the Xanax and in large doses it causes short term memory loss (it's pretty much a roofie) so If she was under the influence I think she would claim she had no memory, but by the sounds of it she planned to kill her grand son independent of the effects of the drug.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join