It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't think the war can be won.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I feel that it is impossible under the Bush administration, but given the escilating crisis it seems that there will be many disasters soon to come. Whoever has the next Presidency has an impossible task on their hands, and needs world support to get it done. The only way this can be done is not on the Presidents terms, but the European Union needs to cooperate and countries around the globe needs to have stricter policy on security. A lack of security in countries is what causes the ******ists to believe they can blow up buildings and enflame the town, with lack of security creates lack of prevention and leads to more distress. This is the very reason the Israli problem still continues, it's not because the countries don't enforce the security policies, which partitions them further from peace. If he doesn't work with the countries which he's occupying then there isn't any possible way we can win the war.
[edit on 4-12-2004 by NWObringer]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
War is never good. There may be a need, but its never good. The war we are in was or is not needed.

There will be a needed war, alot of americans will die.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What kinda crap is this? just change the whole thread. Thats Silly.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
War is never good. There may be a need, but its never good. The war we are in was or is not needed.

There will be a needed war, alot of americans will die.

Eh, I changed the topic title. I believe that the war can actually be won if he continues with his multilateral and multinational goals ON THE OTHER COUNTRIES TERMS, while working with the countries will be the only way they can secure the *******ists defeat and influence the people to gladly accept democracy since they wouldn't be opposed by another group who wants to take away their rights as free people.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What kinda crap is this? just change the whole thread. Thats Silly.

Eh, sorry. I just didn't know what I was thinking when I created the first thread
, I didn't mean to post the previous one, and last from what I remember this forum doesn't have a thread delete button.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A war can never be won....a war is the last solution for a problem so if you come to war, you already lost

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This war will not be won because the government is spreading it, instead of containing it.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
this war can be won. however certain conditions need to be present for that to happen.
firstly there is a premis that needs to be accepted as stated by WT Sherman
" War is Hell" , it is not gentlemanly, it is not precise, it is not fair. If war is to be entered it must be entered with one and only one goal. to win. you cannot
fight to tie or draw you must fight to win at all costs. otherwise people will die needlessly.

Next are 2 principles that many have lost sight of, the way you win a war. any war. is to KILL more of your enemy that they KILL of you. or as GS Patton
said " no poor dumb Bastard won a war by dieing for his country, He made the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

next, people die in war. and as we learned before there is no requirement for
the person shooting at you to be " of legal age" nor is there a requirement
that that person be male. if it is a threat KILL it.

the first thing to do is get politicians out of it. once war has been engaged
they have no place in it. they committed our military now they need to S2
and let the Military do what they are trained to do.

the next item, in this particular conflict our Milper. are dealing with , rebels, insurgents,terrorists , what ever you wish to call them. to stop the bombings
etc, IMO what needs to be done is first NO Prisoners . any captured alive
are shot,dipped in lard, wrapped in a pig hide , and laid out on the side of the road. no " magic carpet ride to allah for them. start using a pig lard derivitave in the lubricant for all our weapons.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think the only way for the US to win this war is to bring Bush and the other war criminals to justice, and apologize for the crimes commited towards the arabs, the south americans, the japanese, the vietnamese, the cambodians and the iranians.

Apologizing costs nothing, it's just a question of will.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When a country declares a war on something like an ideology the only way to stop, is not with invasions and attacks, that only straighten the ideology because through the actions of the aggressor they can prove their point making possible for others to join their cause and to fight harder.

A religious ideology like Islamic radicals will include the entire Islamic nations, anybody that thinks that a war will stop millions of followers of this ideology into submission is in either a denial or his sole purpose is to annihilate an entire ethnic group.

Will that work? No.

The rest of the nations that do not follow this way of doing things will create new ideologies to fight the aggressor again.

Does, it has an end? no.

The whole entire world will be at war before a peace can be reach.

I do believe that some people in our government think that causing a whole world war will bring prosperity and long lasting peace in the end.

And this is just my Rant and my views and how I see this situation.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What tangible evidence is there that necisitates EU intervention in the War? We don't need EU, EU doesn't want to help barring the Dutch. What we need to do is beef up border security around Iran to prevent these insurgents from comming into Iraq in the first place. Once Fallujah falls, which it is begining to do, there are very few strongholds the opposition can hold, non on par however with Fallujah. "The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - attributed to General George S. Patton

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
What tangible evidence is there that necisitates EU intervention in the War? We don't need EU, EU doesn't want to help barring the Dutch. What we need to do is beef up border security around Iran to prevent these insurgents from comming into Iraq in the first place. Once Fallujah falls, which it is begining to do, there are very few strongholds the opposition can hold, non on par however with Fallujah. "The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - attributed to General George S. Patton

An infantile vision of the situation, in line with official Pentagon propaganda. Insurgents are iraqis, not foreigners, this has been discussed a hundred times. Fallujah has no military value. The Fallujah insurgents are from Fallujah others are from somewhere else. The only method to end insurgency is ethnic cleansing. Insurgents can hide as long as they want under the populace and strike when the time is nigh. There is no military solution to a full-fledged guerilla war aside from genocide.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Britain is in the EU and is the US biggest ally! As for the insurgents, they have always been in Iraq, otherwise they would not be insurgents! Insurgent does not mean they came from a different country, just another part of Iraq.

As for the war, I too cannot see it being won. For every civillian killed, an entire family of people who hate the allies is created. It is an unfortunate reality.

If someone killed your child, would you not want to kill them?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Actually Frosty,

There are many NATO countries in Aghanistan: e.g. 2000 French Forces and 1500 German forces

We still support the war in Afghanistan as we saw the attacks on 9/11 was orchestrated from there. However, even in UK as in the rest of the EU the support for the invasion of Iraq is far in the minority as (almost) no justification can be given for that war.

FYI, the Dutch, Hungarians and Poles have already announced they will withdraw their forces from Iraq. These countries are also from the EU by the way.

Blobber

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Blobber]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If those who start wars had to actually fight them, there would be fewer wars. The so-called world leaders these days are gutless wonders who send others out to die for their agendas.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Of Course the war cannot be won...

With every attack and every retaliation attack that American troops conduct in Iraq the more Iraqi people will be directly affected by the war. You have to think and put yourself in these peoples shoes, if a bomb ruined your lively-hood or killed/wounded one of your family members would you not do anything in your power to fight against those that were the catylist for such an act?, with every attack the insurgencey grows in numbers because of this.

It is slowly turning into a peoples war and on that I will point out that noone in history has ever won such a war because unless you kill the whole population it is logically impossible to do so.

America has stated that it will not leave Iraq until the 'Job is done', this might prove false in the long run however due to the fact that America actually has the option to pull out if it really had to. With the Iraqi insurgencey they do not have that option of retreat, therefore it can end two ways for them, total victory or total defeat.

However with the 'total defeat' situation, killing off an insurgencey created by the people within whoms country you are occupying would entale nothing short of killing everyone.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
according to the illuminati NWO theory this war is being brought about to usher in a one world government. incite a war between christians and muslims (war on terror) which will create staggering casualties throughout the world. let me take an uneducated wild stab here.... 50 million jesus warriors VS 50 million allah warriors? well i tried, anyways the eventual out come of this war will harbor the final stage of NWO, and thats all folks.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Anyone know where the 12 US bases in Iraq are situated? It looks like the administration views the election in January as the key to their exit strategy. The Shiites, with their overwhelming majority, will gain the most power. The US will then withdraw most of its forces from Iraq within two years, and the responsibility will fall to the Shiites to field a security force to deal with the Sunni/Baathist insurgency. If the bases are located in the semiautonomous Kurdish region,my guess is that the US maintains a small force of 10,000 in the region to work on the overthrow of Iran's mullahs. There's a good article in foreign policy this week on the different strategies.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
when you ask most veterans, they'll tell you that war is neither won or lost. It is just a mental belief of the soldiers on the field and in political terms. But war is never won, war is not something like a game, to some people it might be, but war is just there, its a nature of humans.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rifleman
to some people it might be, but war is just there, its a nature of humans.

I agree with you, if we generalize about war and the meaning of it, we then can come to the conclusion that as long as humans are in this earth war will always be fought and agreements will be made, to be broken against so conflicts will be form, and more war for us to fight, yes its in the nature of humans.

We can never agree on anything

top topics

<<   2 >>

join