It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Hebrew Understanding of Demons - The Recurring Lie On ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Demons have their place and job just like mosquitoes and poison ivy.
it says that Noah even had a couple of Shedim(demons with form but not matter male and female) on the ark.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllDieSoon

Where did you get the idea that Jew's think Demons are Good??? I've never heard anyone say that Demons are good.

Are you Jewish???

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
potato/potatoe

Gittin 70a. The Rabbis taught: “On coming from a privy (outdoor toilet) a man should not have sexual intercourse till he has waited long enough to walk half a mile, because the demon of the privy is with him for that time; if he does, his children will be epileptic.”

Yebamoth 59b. A woman who had intercourse with a beast is eligible to marry a Jewish priest. A woman who has sex with a demon is also eligible to marry a Jewish priest.

source

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Are you going to continue on topic here?
I want to hear about your "demons"...

also - not clear on whether you believe in them, or don't. Or WHOM it is that exists but you don't believe in.

(I know how to play chess, btw...please don't talk to me like I'm a dolt.)

That is not the topic.

No, I do not believe in demons. I believe in God.

The topic is whether ancient Hebrews considered demons to be good or not. The lie being spread is that Christianity changed the meaning of demons. I see it constantly.

Let me rephrased what I said in another thread. Some words has different meaning according the context you use them. The word demon was first use in the Bible in the New Testament, because it was written in greek. The word does not exist originally in Hebrew (it was adopted later with other meaning). The root of the word demon is daemon and it means - internal conflict (that's the basis for possession). Example: If you smoke and you are trying to leave it, smoking becomes your demon. Is a conflict between you and cigarettes.
So if demons are good or not? They are both, because before they were angels. God condemned them, but what if they repent? They have the right for forgiveness as same as we have. The mercy of God is for everyone.

There is a difference between the figurative use of the word "demon" and the literal use.

"Demon" in the Bible refers to the Fallen Angels. Whether or not the word "demon" is Hebrew is irrelevant.

If you study Scripture in the Bible, along with the Book of Enoch, you will see that they tried to repent in the Book of Enoch, and God said they are condemned with no chance for forgiveness. In the Scripture, throughout new and old testaments, you will see this reaffirmed quite often. In fact, many of them are already in the Abyss. They will all be let out one more time after a few more of the Seals are broken.

Something that you should realize is that demons were willing to create all of this suffering to try to prove God wrong. That is why they are condemned and while some of them repented, they were still condemned.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
potato/potatoe

Gittin 70a. The Rabbis taught: “On coming from a privy (outdoor toilet) a man should not have sexual intercourse till he has waited long enough to walk half a mile, because the demon of the privy is with him for that time; if he does, his children will be epileptic.”

Yebamoth 59b. A woman who had intercourse with a beast is eligible to marry a Jewish priest. A woman who has sex with a demon is also eligible to marry a Jewish priest.

source

So that is just a couple examples of what the majority of the population on this planet believe to be "Divine Text". Holy Inspired "Truth", if you will.

F**king Insanity.

I look around and see a world being populated with the most Frightening Joke imaginable. Humans. What a sad creature we are.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It is not subjective. An angel helping a Muslim is God's Will. In fact, Angels even helped pagans in the OT - and we all know pagans worshiped false Gods. God is not limited by time, nor in any other aspect. He shows favor to who he shows favor to. The Book of Daniel comes to mind when the Babylonian King realized it was the God of the Hebrews who had been favoring him all along - he just never knew it.

One person's angel is not another's demon. Demons are fallen angels and NEVER have your interests in mind unless it fits their need at that specific time to lead you or others astray. You are talking about vindictive spirits who are condemned for eternity, see us sinning against God, and see God forgiving us - even sending His only Son to save us from our sins. Calling them jealous of our chance at redemption is an understatement. It is like dying of thirst and watching your father give water to the person you hate most after you created suffering for that person out of spite and vanity. Trust me, they are never looking out for you. They hate you.

However, God does use their hate towards you for YOUR benefit - if you follow Him.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No that is not found in the Holy Scripture.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No that is not found in the Holy Scripture.

By Holy Scripture, do you mean, NT Christianity Bible??? NT and OT Bible???

Apparently that other stuff was from the Talmud. But it's not too hard to find similar text in any other Bible or Scripture regardless of it's origin.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I didn't bother clicking on the link. I didn't start this thread to debunk everything Stormfront and the like put out about Jews. That text is not in the Talmud, the OT, or the NT. The title of the thread is a specific subject. If you would like to discuss that subject, feel free too.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Just how old are you? Regarding hippies and your absurd statements and forgone conclusions...are you getting your info from books, movies or what? I was there. Woodstock 69, Protests, Ohio State...and hippies were nothing...nothing like you imply...

10% about the CIA is prob true, but your context and knowledge is waaaaaayyyy off. Im assuming youre in your early to mid 20's and watched some specials or youtube videos or read some books to reach you absurd conclusions.

So. Me having been there...and participating in all that went with it from Vietnam protests to ban the bomb, rock and roll...holistic living, and self peservation away from the government ...Im calling you out on this.

But, as I see how you present things here...Im sure youre going to lie about your age. You read about it...I was there.

So?

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If you would like to discuss that subject, feel free too.

I'm trying to. That's why I'm asking questions. But you're not answering them so I'm having a hard time discussing anything with you because I don't really know where you're getting your info about what you're talking about.
edit on 6-8-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It is common knowledge these days. Hippies were indeed a creation of the CIA working with the Nazi war criminals brought over in Operation Paperclip to brainwash Soviets (you can not make this stuff up lol).

Here is a similar psy op from the Chinese:

en.wikipedia.org...

They got more people with that than the entire Communist party combined. These psy ops are everywhere. Some guy in Russia convinced millions that he is in fact Jesus Christ. These movements always have an "anti-establishment" tone, and are created by what has been called "the establishment." Seriously, go research the origins of hippies. It was a by-product of operation Paperclip. Similar to OWS, it was a psy op orchestrated by the ruling class (although while OWS started as one, they just saw a use for hippies after hippies had already been created). So as not to keep derailing the thread, I will start one on it later on tonight and PM you the link.

Hippies were invaluable in getting the masses to accept the Corporate Mentality that we all feel the effects of today. Sorry, I know you probably had good intent, but you got played.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What is your question?

I already said where I get the information from.

This is the only line of questions I have seen from you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where did you get the idea that Jew's think Demons are Good??? I've never heard anyone say that Demons are good.

Are you Jewish???

If you had read the thread, your first question has already been answered. Your second question is irrelevant. I am not Jewish but I am a part of the House of Israel. Messianic Jews are my brothers and sisters.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Here's what they thought about demons,

In the same way the Greeks and Romans may have worshiped their divinities, fondly believing them to be good. But the Christian Scriptures declare that all the gods of the Gentiles are demons.
Source

Sorry, I didn't respond to this yet. This is true, but it is unrelated to the lie that I was addressing in this thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

make of it what you care to?
all i did was show the word "demon" being used in alternative jewish traditions
/shrugs

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I wasn't trying to imply anything toward you with my comment. Sorry if that is how it seemed.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok you probably do not like my first comment, but don't get discouraged, I've got a question I'd really like you to answer, so a discussion might follow on the matter and on topic.

The following part annoyed me.

Anyone who told you it was a commonly held belief that demons were good with God just because God uses them to test people - lied to you. If that person is a smart person, they probably lied willfully.

A smart or intelligent person, would probably developed their own ways of believe, either beyond the narrow minded faith, that comes with religion, or maybe having even no faith at all.

My question. Do you consider Satan/ Lucifer/ the devil, a demon ?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No...New age thought is the apostolic creed, monotheism, Council of Nicae. You look through at the writings from a limited unresearched view point. Do Google as you tell others

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinter Klaas

Anyone who told you it was a commonly held belief that demons were good with God just because God uses them to test people - lied to you. If that person is a smart person, they probably lied willfully.

This was in reference to the ancient Hebrews. If a smart person claims ancient Hebrews commonly viewed Satan as an Angel of God who was not Fallen (a demon), that smart person is probably lying willfully. I have seen this a few times on ATS, as well as other places. That is the reason for the thread.

As for me, I am not an ancient Hebrew. If you would like to discuss whether or not Satan is in fact a demon, the definition of narrow minded faith, religion, and intelligence - feel free to start a thread on it. I will probably comment.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yeah, kinda like OWS.
How about you show me your sources for that (off-topic) claim??

You seem to know a lot - can't you just answer the people who are responding? Until someone more 'on topic' comes along?

It helps to clarify your premise.

Huh, you believe that OWS and hippies are completely organic grass roots, but I'll bet you totally believe that the TEA Party is orchestrated and controlled ... Try taking those beliefs about the one and applying it to the other. You might find the pot calling the kettle black.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join