It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IN MEMORY OF.

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Sheik Umar Khan, who was the head doctor fighting the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone, had treated more than 100 victims before getting the deadly disease himself. He died July 29. (Umaru Fofana/Reuters)

In rememberance of the Chosen ones.

"Dr. Sheik Umar Khan, who was praised as a national hero for treating the disease in Sierra Leone, was confirmed dead by health ministry ..."

www.cbc.ca...

Sheik Umar Khan, who was the head doctor fighting the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone, had treated more than 100 victims before getting the deadly disease himself. He died July 29. (Umaru Fofana/Reuters)

edit on 8/2/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
When a person dies while trying to help others, it is always depressing. But he will be remembered for what he did. The people he helped will remember him and tell others of what he did.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
for the Law was once,, as it is said, so shall it be written,,
but now,,
now
as it is written,,so it shall be said,,

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Remember when generals lead their troops?
Here was one so brave.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This guy is an angel in my book. To put yourself at risk in order to help other people is by far the ultimate gift of giving. He went to the head of the line upon his death and no doubt will be awarded in heaven. Rest in peace Sheik Ulmer Khan, if all of humanity had your perspective on helping others, we would no longer have anymore wars and suffering.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They never fail who die in a great cause. ~ George Gordon Byron

RIP

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The doc in your OP was a great man.

You are very active in the Ebola threads.

However, the majority of your posts are puzzling to me. Are they cryptic on purpose? I am from Canada and I am completely lost within your vocabulary. I feel your intentions are good but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Looking to understand your intentions/posts thoroughly or if it is just the East Coast vanacular that I'm completely clueless on.

No malintent on my part here, just trying to understand.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

May he rest in peace.

It takes a special person to do what he did knowing the huge risk involved. He was clearly a doctor who truly wanted to help others.

I have much respect for him.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Very sad, he was only 39.

That greatness is not who is the fastest runner at the Olympic games or the winners at the battlefields, but who among us that can make the sheer sacrifice to saving others from either ruthless tyranny, extreme poverty and the fight against epidemic diseases like Ebola.

Our world desperately needs more heroes like this.

www.sierraexpressmedia.com...

top topics

join