It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: new_here

It's a virus. They mutate by definition. That is how they survive and adapt to the environments they encounter. They make at least minor adjustments to themselves every time they encounter a new host in fact, ways to defend themselves against the individual immune responses of every person or animal they come across.

Hmph... learn somethin' new every day! Thanks for clearing that up, TrueBrit. I mean, I knew the flu virus was a different strain every year, but had no idea viruses mutated after every stop along the way. Creepy dude!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well heck...
I work at the airport in ATL.
I live 44 miles south of the city and my daughter goes to Emory "Often".

This is prolly the best place to treat this but it still scares the hell out of me....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

his wife was on Great/Fox tonight making a plea to our government to help her get his body back to America for burial as Africa refused to release his body for transporting back to his home in America. They refuse to even talk to her anymore.

Geez... first of all, I read where the bodies of those who die of Ebola remain highly contagious for a time, and the cultural practices of washing & burial of those corpses were a huge factor in propagation of the disease. (heck, it can live outside the body for up to 23 days, according to some sources) So... while I have great sympathy for her loss, I do not fancy the idea of his body being shipped here for burial.

Secondly, a couple days ago I read that Nigerian officials had his body cremated, without her prior knowledge or consent, because that is how they deal with highly infectious corpses.

Such conflicting information out there!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
All I can think about is the recent Anthrax scare. Do we really want these people bringing Ebola here?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf
Forget about guaratining then.you would be worried about dying. You will be lucky if you got quarantined

I don't know about that, adnanmuf... if they quarantine you in the same location with 42 other possible carriers, and 16 come down with it... if you didn't have it before you got there, you may just get it there.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

I hope this is not true:

Cases along the New Mexico and Texas borders:
dailyleak.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NoAngel2u

And not only that, will the health care workers who tend to this patient be exposed in the same mysterious way the HAZMAT-suited doc was exposed, and go home each night to spread the disease to their families/communities?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Revelations 6:8

And I saw, and look! a pale horse, and the one seated on it had the name Death. And the Grave was closely following him. And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Ebola is certainly part of the deadly plague predicted here.

Also this scripture in Ezekiel

Plague and bloodshed will sweep through you

Ebola causes you to bleed in it's latter stages

edit on 1-8-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
World Health Organization to convene committee on Aug. 6-7 to decide if Ebola constitutes international public health emergency - @Reuters

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The Daily leak is satire, and they admit it.

I'm not going to jump to the same conclusions of others out there on the internet, but the one thing that disturbs me about this whole thing is the fact that he was brought here for treatment, that really was not necessary given the fact that what was needed to care for him could have been sent to him.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
World Health Organization on Ebola: 'This outbreak is moving faster than our efforts to control it. If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socioeconomic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries' - @ReutersWorld

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They've had Ebola outbreaks before as far back as the 70's, but I think this Ebola Zaire strain is more contagious and aggressive than those other ones, and now that we are approaching globalization faster than ever, this could become a pandemic if they don't seal off travel into and out of affected countries in Africa except in well protected cases such as this flight.

I think the CDC and Emory want to get their hands on this strain, and see what works and what doesn't. If they can save this lady's life they can use her antibodies like they did the young boy who survived it. I think the risk is worth the reward if it aids (no pun intended) research in controlling the disease and possibly coming up with a way to treat it.

Oh yeah and I am very close to Emory and the CDC, but I still feel this way. It's the untreated person that gets through that worries me.
edit on 1-8-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

The Daily leak is satire, and they admit it.

I'm not going to jump to the same conclusions of others out there on the internet, but the one thing that disturbs me about this whole thing is the fact that he was brought here for treatment, that really was not necessary given the fact that what was needed to care for him could have been sent to him.

Well, thanks for debunking that one!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: NoAngel2u

And not only that, will the health care workers who tend to this patient be exposed in the same mysterious way the HAZMAT-suited doc was exposed, and go home each night to spread the disease to their families/communities?

From what I heard, an infected person came into a "clean" room and spread it to those two. The facilities needed to research and keep them alive, are not there and that's why they brought them here where they've treated FAR worse than Ebola. I can guarantee that. It's probably all classified, but I'm sure accidents have happened in the past when dealing with the nasties that the CDC and Emory deal with.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Looks totally bogus - no verification whatsoever except for reports of chikungunya. But hantavirus has been endemic in New Mexico/Texas for decades at least - it's a viral hemorrhagic fever too and might get some ignorant yahoos all panicky if they see it in the end stages.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

... the one thing that disturbs me about this whole thing is the fact that he was brought here for treatment, that really was not necessary given the fact that what was needed to care for him could have been sent to him.

You're kidding, right? ....You do know there are no hospitals to speak of, really, in West Africa? ....maybe 5 hospitals total spread over Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. That "Ebola treatment centers" are tent facilities? That water and food are in extremely short supply? Never mind actual medicine, even saline solution for rehydration? That there are only about 0.04 doctors per 100,000 people?

But you think our own should stay there? Really?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just watched an update on Fox Cable on the 2 ebola patients coming to atlanta.

First, it will take 2 flights, as the medivac plane can only carry one person at a time. Plus, it is unclear if Emory can take and treat both at the same time. They are also not sure which ebola patient will be brought to my town first. No reply from Emory if they can house both at once. All reports state only ONE patient is going to Emory. Where the hell is the other ebola patient going???

Here is the info on the medivac plane and a pic of the supposed POD to house each person during the trip.

(CNN) -- It's not the type of plane either Kent Brantly or Nancy Writebol likely planned to take home.

But when health officials evacuate the two American aid workers infected with Ebola in west Africa, it will be the plane they take.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outfitted a Gulfstream jet with an isolation pod designed and built by the U.S. Defense Department, the CDC and a private company. The pod, officially called an Aeromedical Biological Containment System, is a portable, tentlike device that ensures the flight crew and others on the flight remain safe from an infectious disease.
Tracking Ebola patient's journey to U.S.

A U.S.-contracted medical charter flight left Cartersville, Georgia, Thursday afternoon, to evacuate the Americans, a source familiar with the travel plans told CNN. At least one of them will be brought to Emory University near the headquarters of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, hospital officials told CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

The CDC raised its travel warning for Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone from Level 2 to Level 3 on Thursday, warning against any nonessential travel to the region. Since 2003, the agency has only issued Level 3 alerts on two occasions: during the outbreak of SARS, severe acute respiratory syndrome, in 2003, and in the aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake.
www.cnn.com...

POD in plane to carry ebola patient.

I'm sorry, but that looks like PVC pipe and a plastic tarp tied to it...

I'm not feeling better after hearing this new news. But the CDC told the reporter..."they have a plan". It also makes me very uncomfortable it's the U.S. Defense Department and the CDC doing this. Something is making me twitch about the whole mess. It's a grand experiment to see how they pull it off, I guess.

Des

edit on 1-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A updated from who posted by a member.lrdredhawk
Alert! World Health Organization Announcement on Ebola

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
People, People, we have nothing to worry about... Our Govt. has a beautiful track record of never screwing anything up... RELAX!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
People, People, we have nothing to worry about... Our Govt. has a beautiful track record of never screwing anything up... RELAX!

I would not go that far, I'm just saying that these two are cause for minimal if any concern. The major concern is if someone who has been infected gets on a plane, infects people on that plane, who then go on to infect many more people, hop on their connecting flight and infect more people. You get the point...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join