It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert! World Health Organization Announcement on Ebola

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Alert! World Health Organization Announcement on Ebola

World Health Organization on Ebola: 'This outbreak is moving faster than our efforts to control it. If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socioeconomic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries' - @ReutersWorld

World Health Organization to convene committee on Aug. 6-7 to decide if Ebola constitutes international public health emergency - @Reuters

Africa has officially announced that the Ebola outbreak has escalated beyond its control.

Germany announced that they will be transporting Ebola victims into their country. EU is on high alert.

The US is currently flying two Ebola victims into Atlanta.

This is definitely not looking good, folks. I think it's time to start preparing for the worst case scenario.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yep members hear having been saying this.Man this feels like a bad sci fi movie.But you know what they say truth is stranger then fiction.....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The virus is generally spread through bodily fluids, something the majority of the western world knows all to well.

It's bad, but it won't get as bad people think. If it were mainly transmitted through air, then we have an issue.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
so i guess the question is,, what happens if Ebola hits the sex trade,,,,?????
u know bodily fluids ,,,

21 days.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I just hope this is a false flag and not such a serious thing so just people all over the world would buy some specially new discovered vaccines against it, so pharmaceutical companies would make money from it( like H1N1)...

I don't know, we will see soon enough.
edit on 547k2014Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Zombies..........

all these zombie flicks are conditioning us for whats to come.......

Grab your blunt instruments and ammo......

no but seriously, this is a bit concerning, with the issue of influx of people coming in from the borders here in the US, to the way they are housing all these people and not having the proper infrastructure to handle the mass exodus, its a bit concerning........

Not to mention the huge amount of international flights around the world......

Im ready to take my family to our land in West Texas lol

(grabs lighter to set hair on fire and run screaming into the hills)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

your 21 days reminds of this

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

seems we think alike lol
edit on 1-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Germany announced that they will be transporting Ebola victims into their country. EU is on high alert.

The US is currently flying two Ebola victims into Atlanta.

They really are going to do that? Lemmee count the scenarios…

Something goes wrong with plane on its journey.

Something goes wrong with bubble containment in transfer.

Infected people escape intentionally to visit family one last time and say goodbye.

I can't imagine the potential risk involving intentionally releasing Ebola over here or Germany.

Why are they not requiring these plague victims stay in Africa until they either die or survive?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Why are they not requiring these plague victims stay in Africa until they either die or survive?"

Because they're stupid fools who are not taking this threat seriously enough.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, they are really doing that. I don't know how anyone with any common sense would even consider relocating Ebola victims all over the world like they are.

"Something" really, really stinks about this whole mess. I don't believe it is what it seems.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Remember to wear glasses, as well as the mask...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes, the Ebola epidemic is out of control - and has been since March. Everyone but the WHO and government authorities has seen it since then.

BUT. It's West Africa that needs help. Forget the so-called "civilized" world.

West Africa needed -and still needs:

* Actual hospitals to isolate patients. There are few hospitals there, maybe about 5 spread out between Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Isolation works, but quarantine is little more than a political response.

* Doctors and medical staff - there are about 0.04 doctors per 100,000 people there - so far the CDC has sent n 12 advisors, and the WHO only 120 assorted personnel. Doctors Without Borders and other charities have been carrying the load for the past 6 months - and begging for help, and saying all along it was out of control and bigger than they could handle.

* Water and food for patients (if not saline solution for rehydration).

For starters.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Unlike AIDS Ebola victims appear sick. You don't have the virus hidden for years and years. It's not communicable until symptoms appear. People would avoid others who show signs of illness. This won't become another sexually transmitted disease because victims show signs of illness.

F2fYeatsply to: BobAthome

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OMG. Well yes there are a thousand things that COULD go wrong but chance of probability are low. And if you an educated westerners were sick with Ebola would you escape to go say goodbye to your family and put them at risk too.? Maybe you would. I never would. reply to: intrptr

edit on AMu31u0883114312014-08-01T10:14:38-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Unlike AIDS Ebola victims appear sick. You don't have the virus hidden for years and years. It's not communicable until symptoms appear. People would avoid others who show signs of illness. This won't become another sexually transmitted disease because victims show signs of illness.

F2fYeatsply to: BobAthome

and once again,, during the 21 days,,,what signs,,mild fever? still communicable,,signs not so.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

"Something" really, really stinks about this whole mess. I don't believe it is what it seems.

My best guess is they are going to deliver the people to the CDC for study. Despite the obvious risks that is the only thing that makes sense to me. They are worried and need to know as much about the progression of this particular strain of the virus as they can. If anyone has another "stated reason" please share it.

And that tells us they are expecting to fight this thing for some time to come.

The WHO alert is particularly disturbing. The first sign of a plague overwhelming a region is the defeat of the medical professions efforts to combat it.

Open the flood gates.

Troops and lots of ammunition will be the only defense.

Drop overpasses, derail trains and crater runways. No one goes in or out. Gunships and mechanized infantry patrol the established border, killing anyone encroaching into no mans land.

The virus is allowed to run its course. By day vultures circle. At night funeral pyres light the sky.

Medieval

[insert Twilight Zone theme)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's only communicable when symptoms appear not before. So still people who are contagious would appear sick. It takes 21days for the illness to show after exposure but you're not contagious during those 21 days. You're not contagious until the symptoms actually appear. reply to: BobAthome

edit on AMu31u0883123312014-08-01T10:23:39-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

actually appear u do mean outwardly right?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Well yes there are a thousand things that COULD go wrong but chance of probability are low.

I think that before now, everyone was saying that the risks of an Ebola outbreak were low, too.

And now I am hearing well it can't happen here, we are too careful.

Nobody thought a major meltdown at a nuclear plat could happen either, there are too many safeguards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join