It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every dream I have is so vivid and real.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
this has been going on for a few years now. I used to have dreams that felt like dreams, but now every dream I have feels so real! they're so real in fact that I confuse them with reality. Like I ask someone if they remember saying something or whatever, and they have no idea what I'm talking about!

It's like I'm literally traveling to alternate universes.

Also, animals show up in my dreams. Every animal I see represents how I'm actually feeling.

Anyone else going through this?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Man every dream? I'd be confused, too. But on the other hand you have something to look forward to when you go to bed

You can live whatever you want. If they're lucid dreams that is
edit on 29-7-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Yep. every night. I actually look forward to sleeping...it's like my only escape from reality. I'm sad to wake up sometimes if I'm somewhere I really enjoy:/

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have the same thing 4 of 5 nights out the week ... I like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13
Are you able to 'control' the dreams...or - yourself, in the dreams?
Interesting topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Are you dehydrated at night or taking any stimulants both of these can cause more vivid dreams

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i hear you. my 'dreamland' is as familiar to me as the waking world. i constantly revisit a sort of 'dream town' while sleeping. the same shops, roads, buildings, everything, are always present. i know the place so well.

as Edgar Allen Poe said; "All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream."

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You should be happy. I look at society and wonder if the reality we are living is real. So much deception and lies.

It would be nice to dream dreams that seemed real, since I can't buy the reality on the outside.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i always thought it would be super-cool if somehow many dreamers could meet in the dream realm, a sort of 'collective unconscious' gathering of minds in dream form. that would be neat.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I also have really vivid dreams, the older I get the less vivid they seem to be. Don't know of that's stress or the medication I'm taking. Dream journaling is my jam, that's helped keep the vivid dreams alive.

Have you tried to control your dreams? Like flying, spinning and changing the scenery or exploring?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Some dream researches should get a grip on this subject.

I think there's something in between the usual/normal dream state and the more awakened lucid dreaming. From my own experience i can say that i know both types plus the ones the OP is describing as a more real, more vivid dream.

In fact there's a difference between a lucid dream (which i had several times already) and a more vivid dream (which i had more often then lucid dreams).

Hell, some of these dreams were so memorable that i still could write a short story out of them, many years ago.

So...i know what you mean and i'm a bit jelly that this is happening at each night to you

But...as there are good ones, there are bad ones too ofc. And some kind of prophetic ones beside.

I have my own thesis about this subject and i'm looking forward to future researches, that may shed a light into it.

Doing some quick Google search i stumpled over this interesting article: Quantum Psychodynamics of Dreams

I didn't really reat through it yet but there are some interesting statements coming along. Though i'd be careful to take these "opinions" as "facts". Better stick to your own mind about what you personally would take for granted or not.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Tichy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sorry, self quoting by mistake!
edit on 29-7-2014 by Tichy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have been having the same thing happen to me!!!!! Exactly the same thing i also thought its like im going to a alternate universe in my dreams its really weird, and im always getting confused if i dreamt someone said something to me or if the conversation actually occured while i was awake, most recently i have been getting deja vu alot more aswell and i have been trying to connect the dots but a couple of times i have gotten it when the exact same thing that happened in my dream is happening it all amped up alot more when i purchased a rune set and started readings, i cant think of any other reason why it started happening every single night, but its weird because sometimes i wake up and feel like i haven't even slept because my mind has been going all night, i can think in these dreams i can feel in them and majority of the time i feel totally in control of myself but not the events in the dreams they just happen, i can have conversations with people like im awake, i have been trying to work out whats going on with me but i cant explain it, its nice to know im not alone with these strange dream states. It does kind of kake you think though, with that dream reality feeling so real is this reality real, it has me baffled honestly. Its like a whole other life in my dreams. My house is totally different in my dreams though, but that said its always the same house in my dreams just different to reality.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nv
edit on 29-7-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13

A little bit recently due to taking painkillers for an injury. So freaky having such vivid dreams that make me really question them when I'm awake.

Do you use any medication?

The real kicker for me is waking to find out I don't actually own that other fictional house full of lodgers who owe one years rent.

Dream on....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There are certain foods and beverages that actually encourage dreaming and lucid dreams.
Shaman and witches use these compounds to divine the future thru dreaming.

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

www.dreamviews.com...

www.social-consciousness.com...

I know of a herb/plant that if you crush the leaves or seeds and mix with oil and dab on your third eye, you will have flying dreams. T&C prevents further discussion.
edit on 29-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sometimes I can control it. Like if I'm in danger, I can fly away, turn into an animal, or just teleport somewhere else.

Also like one of you said, I visit the same places all the time! like they're so familiar, and I know how to get around. It's usually a house, a building, or someone elses house. I also talk to the same people, like I've known them for ages.

I even speak in different languages sometimes!

I really think dreams are windows into past lives or alternate universes.

I also want to add that I'm not taking any drugs and no matter what mood I'm in, I still get these dreams. I remember dreams vividly from years ago too.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13
this has been going on for a few years now. I used to have dreams that felt like dreams, but now every dream I have feels so real! they're so real in fact that I confuse them with reality. Like I ask someone if they remember saying something or whatever, and they have no idea what I'm talking about!

It's like I'm literally traveling to alternate universes.

Also, animals show up in my dreams. Every animal I see represents how I'm actually feeling.

Yes, most of my dreams seem more like visions, enough so that I believe some of them to be messages. Recently, I visited a friend on Manitoulin Island in Canada, known as a very spiritual land. My first night of sleep, it seemed as if the great spirit Manitou appeared to me - he was frustrated and sad because of what was happening to the land; totally unrelated to any of my thoughts and plans at that time. Strange that he would appear to me and not my friend who is naturally aboriginal.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I've been dreaming very vivid dreams for the past....at least 10yrs if not more.

Not sure why but I'm used to it now so most of the time I can tell I'm dreaming. There are other times when I have to ask my bf if we really had that conversation or if I was just dreaming it.

Most of the time it's pretty cool but it also means that I can have very vivid nightmares so that part really sucks

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So if you did at one time, and no longer do... any suggestions on how to re-open that part of yourself?

I used to have very very vivid dreams that included me waking up on the floor, under the bed etc... I didn't sleep walk but the more vivid I remember the dream the further from my bed I woke up, finally after one especially bad night it was gone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join