It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs £11b arms deal with Qatar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Did a search but couldn't see to find this, surprising as it was uploaded July 15th..Seems to be multiple sources but still skeptical of legitimacy

Here's an article if you prefer to read, or to have a bit more transcript with the story. Well, Qatar could very well just give the heli's and missiles to hamas, I mean where do people think they got the money from to make these concrete tunnel systems? I don't understand why it had to be now that they signed it, while the whole Hamas/Israel thing is going on, just all seems a bit dodgy to me - if it's legit, that is.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Why? Because they are a Muslim nation? Check it:

Qatar is home to USA's biggest military base in the Middle East. Qatar is the world's richest country per capita and has the highest human development in the Arab World; furthermore, it is recognized as a high income economy by the World Bank.[15][16] Qatar has the world's third largest natural gas reserves and oil reserves in excess of 25 billion barrels. Qatar has become an influential player in the Arab world. Qatar supported several rebel groups during the Arab Spring both financially and by asserting global influence through its expanding media group, Al Jazeera Media Network.[17][18][19] Qatar will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first Arab country to host the event.

en.wikipedia.org...

Doesn't sound like an extremist country to me.

link   

link   

originally posted by: conz1992
I mean where do people think they got the money from to make these concrete tunnel systems?
'

Iran and a few others.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

I hear they are buying 79 F-35s.

Pentagon grounds all F35s over engine problems, runway fire
www.sacbee.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's not an extremist country, so why the need for all the weaponry?

What have they been told to expect? Or is it just a way to launder some billions of Dollars?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Are you kidding, this deal is what its all about: making money!
Happy times are here again…For the Military Industrial Complex. They are making money as long as these people fight each other and fear each other.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Are they not allowed to have a military to defend themselves if the region comes apart? I didn't know that only extremist countries were allowed to have military.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Qatar is one of the most stable and militarily advanced nations in the region.

a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

They've since been returned to flight. It was apparently a one off problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Then they got one helluva deal.

Oh I see....helicopters. Boring.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It's not an extremist country, so why the need for all the weaponry?

What have they been told to expect? Or is it just a way to launder some billions of Dollars?

If this is legit then that's why

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As I said what have they been told to expect?

Everyone should have the right to defence, this just appears a little O.T.T for a country that is not being threatened by a sovereign state.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm glad others here are more level-headed. My stepdad works for the DoD and has traveled all over and told me Qatar is one of most (maybe even the most) Westernized countries in that region. I despise Islam, and I'm sure they have some very strict laws I don't agree with, but even I would have to agree I have seen no evidence of extremism from that country and they do everything in their power to keep the extremists out.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh yeah I'm not saying it's a bad thing or it shouldn't have happened, just curious as why they would sell them that much at this point in time

link   

OMG. You extrapolated an arms deal with an ally to Obama funding Hamas?(My guess is the only link is that they are both Muslim countries) I'm sorry but
That's the most convoluted reasoning I've seen in quite a while.

link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

Currently as far as I know, the F-35 is not for sale to Gulf nations. It's not a good fit for them honestly. They are attempting to replace 72 fighters, in a two part purchase. The US offered both the F-18 and the F-15 for part one.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

OMG. You extrapolated an arms deal with an ally to Obama funding Hamas?(My guess is the only link is that they are both Muslim countries) I'm sorry but
That's the most convoluted reasoning I've seen in quite a while.

I personally didn't extrapolate or say any of this was true, I just brought it up for debate?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I quite enjoyed my time in Qatar, people were friendly (accept for the rich families but that's no different that the US) they struck me as a nation trying hard to shed the backwards vibe and jump into the 21st century... please note this is just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

So what, they should still be flying B-17s, and P-51s since no one around them is threatening them? You build up your military so that if someone DOES come in and attack you, you're in a position to defend yourself and not be overrun in 30 minutes.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Qatar has helped Hamas in the past.

www.irdiplomacy.ir...

www.politico.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join