It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government To Pull Foreign Aid In El Salvador For Refusing Monsanto Seeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Not really familiar with this sight but most who have been around ATS for anytime know about the pull Monsanto has with our government. My problem is I really don't doubt the article or the threat. Foreign aid I would like to see go away as many do however using blackmail is not my idea of doing it correctly.

Governments do not dictate major policy, major multinational corporations do. We’ve seen this time and time again, and one of the best examples out there is Monsanto. This time, the United States government wants to force GMO seeds on El Salvadorian farmers.

Encouraged by the U.S. Embassy, the Millennium Challenge Corporation had “granted” El salvador 277 million dollars to “improve El Salvador’s competitiveness and productivity in international markets.” This, however, would not come without certain commitments and obligations, which included a commitment to ensure that the Ministry of Agriculture’s procurement of corn and bean seed would “be consistent with the provisions of the CAFTA-DR( Dominican Republic-Central America-United States Free Trade Agreement).” (1)

“We are asking the Government of EL Salvador to implement the procurement program for corn and bean seeds in a competitive, objective, and transparent manner that demonstrates to all stakeholders both EL Salvador’s commitment to the CAFTA-DR, as well as its commitment to good governance. Such principles are inherent in the provisions of the CAFTA-DR.” (1)

www.collective-evolution.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't agree with the reason but I am glad any time we stop foreign aid. I mean we are adding National Debt to give Foreign Aid. REALLY? Does not get dumber than that. We have hungry and jobless here at home and we are still sending money we barrow from China to other countries. I hate my government.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That just crazy how they like to operate their power, hopefully rest of the countries would ban monsanto seeds, maybe others can find alternative seeds to replace monsansto seeds, umm like natural seeds?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I guess we know who runs the world. The Alchemists have seized control again. The whole thing about GMO soy beans is that they are promoting a product, soy, that is a strong goiterogen which is used to settle people. It can cause a lot of problems to a lot of people if it is consumed on a regular basis. It is being used in almost everything nowadays and being promoted as healthy. For some people it is good, but for the other half it is bad. It settles overzeleous people down but makes the normally mellow people sick. Well, this isn't actually targeting one nationality so I guess it is not genocide. Soy does not kill anyone either, it weakens our ability to fight things. It dampens certain parts of our minds so we can't comprehend things or see what is going on.

Soy in the real soy sauce is not too bad because some properties are neutralized by the long fermentation, but any of the other stuff is most likely not good for most of us. I studied soy as a way of helping control my epilepsy and it has too many side effects to control this. I don't want to be be in la la land just because I have TLE.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I don't agree with the reason but I am glad any time we stop foreign aid. I mean we are adding National Debt to give Foreign Aid. REALLY? Does not get dumber than that. We have hungry and jobless here at home and we are still sending money we barrow from China to other countries. I hate my government.

well

if they can take care of themselves better, we may have fewer of them on top of freight trains headed to the US border. It's probably cheaper to help them feed themselves than deport them

what do you call the loans The US gets from china ? that is certainly aid. Our economy would surely collapse without it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Foreign aid I would like to see go away as many do however using blackmail is not my idea of doing it correctly.

But is the reason or leverage all along. You think the US Gov extends real humanitarian aid without strings attached? They obviously want something there and will get it from their black bag of tricks one way or another. Here's some money, food, tractors, whatever.

Once hooked, the next step is blackmail to get the prize. Give us your resources or suffer the pangs of having your welfare pulled. They know the target government will be beset by a clamor from the people there and be subject to protests, elections, whatever.

How insidious is that crap? I been watching that subterfuge play out all my life. How much longer will it be allowed to continue around the world?
edit on 27-7-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
I'm glad they are trying to stand up against Monsanto.
Corporations shouldn't be involved in government, politicians or policy.
But politicians like to play games and will use this to create a bigger problems.
Get ready for more illegal immigrants from El Salvador oh I mean refuges or whatever they are calling them this week.
And what is wrong with the corn and beans they are growing now, it's been growing and feeding the people there for a long time with no side affects.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Remember ....Its Monsanto, and Bill and Melinda Gates that have a comprehensive natural seed bank stashed away on the Isle of Spitzbergen I believe.....way up north.....They have every plant known to mankind saved up.....now they can rape the genes of every food stuff we grow,,,,and be the possessors of the real thing all to themselves.....
Perhaps one day soon we will only be able to purchase sterile seeds which fruit but produce dead seed for next years crop......

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is disgusting and governments are not agents for a criminal corporations but should be prosecuting them instead.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Good on El Salvador for standing up against the Americans and Monsanto.

Never forget what the American-backed government forces did to that country in the 80's

en.wikipedia.org...

The full-fledged civil war lasted for over twelve years, and saw extreme violence from both sides. It also included the deliberate terrorizing and targeting of civilians by death squads, the recruitment of child soldiers, and other violations of human rights, mostly by the United States backed military.[23] The United States contributed to the conflict by providing large amounts of military aid to the government of El Salvador during the Carter[24] and Reagan administrations. An unknown number of people "disappeared" during the conflict and the UN reports that more than 75,000 were killed.[25]

top topics

join