It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not being questioned enough....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ok. After all these years I'm still confused why someone believes in god. Each to their own, and if it brings you comfort, then fine. But shouldn't religion just be in your head? To be used in times of trouble? Something you can use to bring you peace of mind? Religion is a good idea to live your life by, ethics is a good thing, but now it's manifested its self into an actual supreme being. It's a sign of madness in my opinion. Or at the very least weak minded.

We have absolute zero proof that anyone or anything controls this universe. There's absolutely nothing to assume that there is a god who judges us. Yet it's a crime to over voice your disagreement about it. Why? If your are charged with religious hatred in a court of law, then the law has to prove that god exists. And it doesn't because it can't.

If religion was invented now, people would laugh at such an absurd way to think...
edit on Saturday20142014-07-26T05:26:37-05:00am312620147 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There may or may not be a god, but there is still a great reason for being. You exist for the people that care about you.

What matters is how you treat people.

No matter how low you think you are, there are still people that care.

..I know those ideas aren't exactly within the post subject, but they are important nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAllTheSame
There may or may not be a god, but there is still a great reason for being. You exist for the people that care about you.

What matters is how you treat people.

No matter how low you think you are, there are still people that care.

..I know those ideas aren't exactly within the post subject, but they are important nonetheless.

I completely and totally agree. We don't need religion to live how you said.

We don't need religion in our lives, I guess we never really did.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thesneakiod

I believe in God 100% but am not religious whatsoever.
Most people went looking for God and found religion instead.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

Can I ask what you base your assumption on that he's real?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

A spiritual experience.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
People believe in God when they hear the Word of God and believe it. It's pretty much as simple as that!

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
We know right and wrong from within.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

So why did you get one and not everyone else? Why wouldn't god give us all a spiritual experience to get us all on board?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Empathy is the greatest weapon you can wield.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto
People believe in God when they hear the Word of God and believe it. It's pretty much as simple as that!

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That doesn't make any sense. The word came originally from one man didn't it? Why did everyone believe him?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

We don't all NEED a spiritual experience to get us all on board!

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

I'm full of empathy. It just doesn't come from religion. I'm my own god, I make my own decisions and my own assumptions. And I live by them knowing its not from someone else's supposed "teachings"

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
As long as it's for the benefit of others, it doesn't matter what religion you are. That is the end-game. All united.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
You say you want legal freedom to express relgious hatred.
Why is that freedom so important to you? Can't you live life quite happily without bothering to express religious hatred?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Religion = Social control.

That's it in a nutshell.
Questioning religious absurdities is a way to expose people who don't blindly do whatever they are told. Therefore they become a threat to any establishment who uses religion and human gullibility to control society.
Can't have people thinking for themselves now can we.
Its why any religious structures have a built in totally absurd/supernatural/impossible element to their dogma.
Proving your 'faith' ie total belief in some impossible event, displays to the controllers that you will believe anything at all they tell you.
Politics and religion go hand in hand so well, in fact they are often indistinguishable from each other.
How near would an atheist get to the oval office nowadays? They would have to 'act' as a god fearing man/woman because religion has assumed the mantle of moral guidance. In small minds that cannot think for themselves morality cannot be reached through thought and learning but by doing what a manual says. Ergo, without religious indoctrination man is a savage. Pure crap but it has been driven home for milennia at sword/gun point and by conveniently burning alive any pesky free thinkers.

Nowadays instead of roasting you alive for public display (and your own good) in the village square as a warning to others not to question (heresy) you will get flamed (ironically) on websites by people with reams of snippets cut n' pasted from their thinking manuat
Thats why .
Better put on your asbestos underwear for this thread OP - good luck

edit on 7/26/14 by HumansEh because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

edit on 7/26/14 by HumansEh because: Double post,

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Science is the quest to satisfy human curiosity through rational methods of gathering information. It demands that ALL claims be backed by evidence. Everything is open to criticism.

Religion is the quest to control human beings through emotional intimidation. It demands total faith without any evidence to back its claims. Nothing is open to criticism, and questioning anything is considered evil.

I totally agree with your statement OP

Inherited falsehood, Compassion in chains, Faith is fear
People grouping up and believe they are the true disciples of "god" and everyone else is wrong.
Will produce death and wars..

When you subscribe to an established religion, you have only two options. You can become an idiot, or you can become a hypocrite.

Religion of Science is my drug..
But the

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Who knows mate?
I never personally met God to ask him.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You say you want legal freedom to express relgious hatred.
Why is that freedom so important to you? Can't you live life quite happily without bothering to express religious hatred?

Nope I never said that. Don't know why you think I did.

I said that if you get charged with religious hatred, there should be proof that this religion is real. And not simply a mans idea.
edit on Saturday20142014-07-26T06:21:54-05:00am312120147 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join