It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mystery White Flags On Brooklyn Bridge..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just seen this on CNN, nobody knows when these mystery white flags replaced two American flags that were stationed on the bridge. The area they were placed is very hard to access apparently. NYPD is going to have a press conference soon....Scary thought that this could be done right under the nose of everyone. They even said on CNN.."what could be the next thing that is put on the bridge?" I wonder what the flags represent? Pretty interesting, I guess we will see what happens
edit on 22-7-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was just watching this as well. Did you notice in the beginning underneath it had said not just one flag but 18 around the city? I just thought it was strange that when they reported it they just talked about the two one the bridge. Just curious if you saw what I saw as well

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So a quick google search says the flags appeared white from a distance, but up close they were actually white-washed American flags, very faded.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — American flags are once again flying on top of the Brooklyn Bridge after someone replaced the flags sometime overnight with what appeared to be whitewashed or faded versions of Old Glory.
Emergency services officers scaled the bridge just before noon Tuesday to lower the flags that had been raised on the Manhattan and Brooklyn towers of the span.
From a distance, the flags appeared to be white, but video from the scene showed there was a hint of stars and stripes visible on the flags.
PHOTOS: Mysterious Brooklyn Bridge Flags
Crowds gathered on the bridge and nearby sidewalks to watch as officers climbed the cables to take them down from the towers. Many New Yorkers and tourists alike were baffled.
“It’s some kind of peace or surrender movement, right? It’s weird though, it’s crazy someone could get up there without anybody knowing,” one man said.
newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Wow! I missed that part, even more interesting. All in one of the most "secure" places in the US. New York police state....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman
Yeah I'll be curious to see if they do it again when they repeat the news later. It was written in the caption they usually show below the report. That is why I surprised when they said two on a bridge and not 18 spread around the city. Your're right, weird.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A white flag means "surrender" or "truce".. What does a faded flag mean? Odd.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Someone used a quadrocopter to spray the flags with bleach?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

When I first heard white flag the same thing came to my mind...surrender/truce. Now I am thinking either racially motivated, but more likely some kind of "diminishing" America protest of some sort. Anyways, that is what I HOPE it is, and not some sign of some kind of forthcoming "event". I would like to know the locations of the other 18 flags that may have been placed around the city.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It could be some kind of a stunt by climbers or dare devils.

I think they play tricks like that sometimes!

Or it could be acid rain bleaching the flags!!!! (Let's hope not)

A secret plot to unmulticulturalise the seperate colours of the flag and have all in flag land live in drab shade not colour!

By bin laden I bet.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Taliban flag is white I think (from a documentary I watched)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

Plausible about the climbers..I just have to say, I LOVE your avatar!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So many Americans are disillusioned and pissed off that flying a whitewashed flag is probably a political statement. If you felt your national identity was being weakened, what better symbol than a faded/bleached version of Old Glory?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Im one of those pissed off Americans my friend. Like I said, I hope thats what this is, some kind of protest thing. I hate to think what else it could possibly be...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i have to think they were going for the flag being seen as white and not faded. mean one could send the message of being worn or faded without going so white. Who just surrendered?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I know one thing, it is not the US that is surrendering.... to anyone....anytime soon......ever

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
First I heard of this... if it's in several places around NYC I'd guess protest of some sort... diminished flag... not a govt of by and for the people anymore? Something along those lines...

Just a guess... and places "hard to access" are not at all... except military bases and banks under surveillance with armed guards... most places are easy to reach.... a clipboard and overalls, for instance, will get you anywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

So many Americans are disillusioned and pissed off that flying a whitewashed flag is probably a political statement.

My guess would be a couple of bored hipsters trying to be ironic.

Ban hipsters.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A faded flag is probably a statement to show that the USA is not what it once was.
A faded picture of itself

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
From Wikipedia:"The improper use of a white flag is forbidden by the rules of war and constitutes a war crime of perfidy."
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
At work we were joking that perhaps the flag was symbolic of the average commuter waving a white flag in surrender to traffic.

The bridge is undergoing a pretty extensive rehab project at the moment and frequently has overnight closures which cause major backups on other crossings.

Looking out the window this afternoon everything appears to be back to normal with the red white and blue back in place.

Definitely pretty weird.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join