It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mystery White Flags On Brooklyn Bridge..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

That is hilarious!!! I know I have often felt like waving the white flag in traffic before

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just doing a little research on flag codes.
At one time the white fag in maritime history represented the number 8

Popham's Signal flags

two white flags = 88
18 white flags = 144

Sure their are some significance in those numbers. Will look into it.

Totally not cool they are using American flags to make their statement.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Been following this story all day.

The flag on the Manhattan side is actually a negative of the US flag.

The flag on the Brooklyn side has been pained white or bleached.

You can tell it's a negative because the red stripe at the bottom is now white and the white stripes are now dark, etc.

Very weird.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
imgur.com... Old Glory

imgur.com... inverted/negative (how'd they do that?)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Been following this story all day.

The flag on the Manhattan side is actually a negative of the US flag.

The flag on the Brooklyn side has been pained white or bleached.

You can tell it's a negative because the red stripe at the bottom is now white and the white stripes are now dark, etc.

Very weird.

wow, very interesting indeed!!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Keep us posted, that's the first I've heard that but I have been on the net and no TV around.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i dont know why but this event sent a chill down my spine. the negative flag is bizarre. america really is the exact opposite of what its supposed to be. this country was built on hard work and morals and honesty, less then a sliver of these exist in most people today.

america is literally a negative of what it once was.... like the OP this is my hope for what the statement means other then that man.... idk

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Surrendering America?

Perhaps, it's a message. . . Look no further than today's news.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Though it does make one think of making an ominous statement before an attack... as terror is mostly in the mind, except for the (relatively few) poor souls who are blown apart.

False flags? Hmmm... many meanings... the negative symbol works, too...

Alas... even if this turns up as nothing... as far as the "war on terror" and security ... I'd personally rather take the chance of being blown up rather than living under constant surveillance... even now that I don't do anything (much) I'd mind authorities watching, it's self defeating and suppresses the very populace it's supposed to be "protecting."

What a mess we've wrought... how's about we just not do things to people overseas that make them want to strike us in any manner possible? I know we can't be the "good guys" to everyone... but wearing white hats again and concentrating on aid and asked for help would generate tons of good will abroad and at home.

We need more thinkers in govt... it used to be a broadly noble, respected profession... and only we can return it to that.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist
Wow, i gotta respond to this, thanks for taking the time to look the martitime signals up, amazing info.

My input

88 can equal HH in numerology, which means many things, least pleasant of all, "Hiel Hitler". You see a dude with an prominent 88 tattoo, just bear this in mind as a possibility. Been seeing this one everywhere, freaks me the f*&% out.

Another philosophy is that an 8 represents time, or signifies a time-line alteration, somehow, because it is the infinity sign, and the ouroboros, and whatnot. Just so many seemingly artbitrary 8s in the media, background on tv, articles online---maybe it signifies an important moment in time, drawing near?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

very quickly only thing I can think of for 144 is the 144,000 people who have the Lord's name sealed in their foreheads. Revelations 14:3 describes them as virgins who were redeemed from earth.

Internet tells me that there are 144,000 days in a Mayan baktun as well.

en.wikipedia.org...(number) in case someone wants to look

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind for me was the white flags placed at each body location of the deceased of Flight 17...
I'm most likely wrong but it reminded me of that from the news.

I hope and pray it isn't anything bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

Lots of Jewish Significants of 88 144 and the two white flags.

88 is an anti Semitic symbol
144 is in reference to the 144,000 Jewish remnant left after the tribulation.
White Flags (see below)

White Flag Will Announce Deportation of Last Jews from Slovakia - July 13, 1942

ZURICH (Jul. 12)
A white flag will be flown from Slovakia’s highest mountain on the day that the last group of Jews are expelled from Slovakia, the Guardista, official organ of the anti-Semitic Hlinka Guard, reports.
“This will be a sign that our nation has been liberated from the last Jewish remnant,” the Slovakian paper writes. At the same time the article draws attention to March 25, 1942, the date when the mass-expulsion of Jews from Slovakia was started. “This day will go down in history as a day of the greatest significance. On that day the removal of the Jews from our country began,” the paper declares.

Even more significant is the increased Jewish population in Brooklyn.

Please don't hate me for making this more than what it is. I see thing different, my mind runs like this, just needed to work it out. I really hope this is not what it means, I hope it is just a prank and that's it.

Edit: Keep in mind the number significant I propose is based on "them" referencing maritime flag codes from the 1800 's. Haven't found a rational for using such an old system yet.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I bet it is some artistic statement or advertising gimmick.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Or a rehash of TURK 182

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Holy speculation, Batman!

2nd.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why would someone put these flags up and not let anyone know what the hell it's supposed to mean?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
imgur.com... Old Glory

imgur.com... inverted/negative (how'd they do that?)

An almost white flag is hardly a "negative" of the American flag.

That would look something like this:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe it's as simple as a protest to this:
Graffiti Mecca 5Pointz Whitewashed Overnight

Artists do all kinds of weird things.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Negative in the sense that the color parts are washed out to white and the white parts are now dark. Meaning, it's not just painted over or bleached out. If that were the case, the colors would still exist and the whites would not now be darker.

edit on 23-7-2014 by raedar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join