It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Creationist Ken Ham, who recently debated Bill Nye the Science Guy over the origins of the universe, is calling for an end to the search for extraterrestrial life because aliens probably don't exist -- and if they do, they're going to Hell anyway.

"You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe," Ham wrote on his blog on Sunday. "This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation."

The post was driven in part by NASA experts saying that they expect to find evidence of alien life within the next 20 years.

link

I am really curious to know where ATS stands on his assertions? Is this just another attempt to start a controversy to drum up more interest in his failing creationist museum?

Should we end the search for extraterrestrials based on religious beliefs?

I wonder if he is really comfortable speaking or knowing the mind of god?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Anyone voting to stop science because of the bible is on the way to a theocracy, like Boko Haram. Don't do that!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wow. How can someone believe in a God that doesn't even give extraterrestrials a chance. I watched the debate between him and Bill Nye and I believe he is just trying to stir up some publicity. I can't see how anyone in there right mind would actual believe in that crapola.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
i know its in different forum, but is it necessary to post this again?
edit on 22-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Maybe we're the ones going to Alien Hell and they should stop looking for us.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, why didn't you ask Ken Ham instead of us?

Ken Ham's blog

Well, the HuffPost didn’t actually say that. But I’m using the same kind of logic one of its writers used in responding to an article I wrote recently!

Yesterday, I was intrigued when my Google alerts brought up headlines from atheist websites such as these:

Creationist Ken Ham calls to end space program because aliens are going to hell anyway

Creationist Ken Ham: Aliens are going to hell so just stop looking for them

And then this headline comes from the secularist, often anti-Christian website Huffington Post:

“Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let’s Stop Looking For Them”

Other secular sites had similar headlines. Actually, I did laugh out loud when I read them—the secularists came up with stunning, creative headlines to draw in their readers. But when I started to read their articles, I realized that these writers seemed to actually believe this nonsense about aliens in hell that their headlines blared!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The guy is a loon. Residing on the crazy side of religion.

I like to say believe in what you want but Ham is just a moron

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

You wouldn't look like the moron you accuse Ham of being if you read Ken Ham's own words instead of believing lies.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I had a feelin' them aliens was evil.

Good riddance if you ask me, we don't need a new sort of immigrant stealin' are jobs.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here's what he said completely and not out of context:

The Bible, in sharp contrast to the secular worldview, teaches that earth was specially created, that it is unique and the focus of God’s attention (Isaiah 66:1 and Psalm 115:16). Life did not evolve but was specially created by God, as Genesis clearly teaches. Christians certainly shouldn’t expect alien life to be cropping up across the universe. . . .

Now the Bible doesn’t say whether there is or is not animal or plant life in outer space. I certainly suspect not. The Earth was created for human life. And the sun and moon were created for signs and our seasons—and to declare the glory of God.

And I do believe there can’t be other intelligent beings in outer space because of the meaning of the gospel. You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire, and there will be a new heavens and earth. God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin—the Savior of mankind.

Jesus did not become the “GodKlingon” or the “GodMartian”! Only descendants of Adam can be saved. God’s Son remains the “Godman” as our Savior. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that we see the Father through the Son (and we see the Son through His Word). To suggest that aliens could respond to the gospel is just totally wrong.

An understanding of the gospel makes it clear that salvation through Christ is only for the Adamic race—human beings who are all descendants of Adam.

Many secularists want to discover alien life hoping that aliens can answer the deepest questions of life: “Where did we come from?” and “What is the purpose and meaning of life?” But such people are ignoring the revelation from the infinite God behind the whole universe. The Creator has told us where we came from: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1; Nehemiah 9:6). And He told us what life’s purpose is: “Fear God and keep His commandments” (Ecclesiastes 12:13).

The answers to life’s questions will not be found in imaginary aliens but in the revelation of the Creator through the Bible and His Son, Jesus Christ, who came to die on a Cross to redeem mankind from sin and death that our ancestor, Adam, introduced.

We need to start proclaiming the authority of God’s Word from the very first verse—even on the subject of alien life! For more information on the supposed existence of ETs and other common questions about a biblical worldview, I encourage you to order The New Answers Book series from our bookstore. Or for witnessing purposes, we have a booklet that can be ordered in bulk with special pricing to help teach people the truth about aliens and UFOs and promote the gospel for your local church or youth programs.

Basically he is saying by using quotes from the bible he thinks that aliens cannot exist because they cannot be saved by God. He does this by saying that only descendants of Adam can be saved and aliens wouldn't be descendants of Adam. Therefore they don't exist.

It is still a bunch of dumb reasoning. For one angels are aliens, or at the least extraterrestrials they don't come from earth. Hell god is an extraterrestrial. But it isn't as outright ludicrous as what HuffPo originally reported.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I believe in Jesus Christ, but I also respect the work, and the achievements of scientists. In my opinion, of all the tools which we are given, science is the best tool that we have, to increase our understanding of, and appreciation for the glory of Gods creation.

Also, I believe that with specific regard to matter pertaining to alien life, that it is not for any one human being, nor group of them, to pass judgement on their fellow life forms. Judgement is the purview of God, and God alone. Who does, and does not go to hell, is his business, not ours. Given that all human beings are flawed according to the Bible, none of us are therefore qualified to pass judgement, on our OWN kind, let alone another species.

Ken Ham seems to have let his position blind him to his own hypocrisy in this matter, and many others. I find that sad, because not only does he have the ear of many a Christian, but he is also a prominent believer, and is considered by some non-believers, to be representative of a majority of other Christians. With this man as an example, is my entire faith judged in popular media circles, and that is depressing.

We are not all intellectually vacant. Some of us accept that a healthy mind does not need faith to fit into science, in order to hold both concepts in high regard. Faith does not prevent scientific thought, and scientific thought does not render God meaningless.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Maybe we should have an inter stellar inquisition and burn them all?!

Crazy Christians!!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

"You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe,"

Wow !

I am really curious to know where ATS stands on his assertions?

I think he's just another Bible thumper who doesn't know what he's talking about , Adam is a fictional character so his sin is a literary device used to tell a story , anyway everybody knows Aliens are Demons so already well used to Hell

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This guy is racist!
Why would another living being be cast to hell only for existing? You just can't argue with nuts like this. And I'm also not a fan of Bill Nye.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

There are no more abduction reports, there have been a few, but nothing like the 60s-90s most of it goes back to then. You can tell that this group did not stay for long, they had places to go, it appears. If you were from a planet so far you would probably execute a strict plan of activities for as short a time possible and then travel back.

But if you compare the last group, starting with orbs in the 40s and moving to abductions in the 60s (chosen abductions have been going on for decades before that but the 60s is when a no holds bar type of activity started. It was if they studied us closely for 15 years, WII until Betty & Barney Hill and deemed us not a threat) to the ancient group, I would say that it could be the same group and that the Greys didn't built the pyramids, but created a race of beings who did.
edit on 10Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:16:46 -0500America/Chicago14America/ChicagoTue, 22 Jul 2014 10:16:46 -0500 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The guy may be a bit of a loon but his point issimple

If there is a god then there are no aliens

Therefore aliens and unicorns and even that flying spaghetti monster will never be saved

Hiw hard is this to understand?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
This guy is racist!
Why would another living being be cast to hell only for existing? You just can't argue with nuts like this. And I'm also not a fan of Bill Nye.

He actually doesn't say any of them would go to hell, just that they won't be saved and go to heaven.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He actually doesn't say any of them would go to hell, just that they won't be saved and go to heaven.

Which would leave them where, exactly? Sheol, Hades, then Hell...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Which would leave them where, exactly? Sheol, Hades, then Hell...

Nonexistent

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I don't know. Purgatory? In any case it doesn't matter because those words were taken out of context anyways. He was using those phrases to argue that aliens don't exist because they wouldn't be saved by God. Yes, it is dumb reasoning, but he isn't saying that aliens will go to hell. He is saying they don't exist and using eternal salvation as the tool to prove it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join