It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space aliens walk among us? Indeed, claims retired Temple prof

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The term, "life is abundant in the universe" is relative. Just because life proliferates throughout the universe is no reason to believe that it is easy to find. My entire point is that faster than light travel is a travel technology. Knowing where intelligent life resides in the universe or the variables to reliably find it is an information technology. You are making the assumption that because a race has reached a certain technological level in a certain field that they have reached a completely different technological level for a completely different technological field.

I'm just saying that there is no given that just because you can do X, that means you can now do Y as well.

You're technically right of course, although the older the civilization the more likely they would acquire both. There does appear to be a technological gap though, as they are clearly here to steal our ballpoint pen technology.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I believe so, from personal experience.

I also believe that seeing as organic matter arrives from Outer space in the form of space dust by the tonne daily, and that all matter on Earth originated in space, from stars, literally, that it is possible that human DNA has been altered, affected and or mutated due to ET DNA, perhaps even purposefully.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

i think there could be substance to this , once when i was in mc donalds having dinner with my two sons there was a couple with a little gril and they was all staring at me in the que .

so much so i felt uneasy, i hid behind my boyfriend at the times shoulders and burred myself into his chest but they was leaning around to look at me like i was some kind of freak.

i was really scarred . we sat down to eat and they sat opposite and was staring underneath those high tables you get in the middle to look at me eyes bulging for a good twenty five minutes all three of them .

i was so distressed i had to leave we literally ran to the car and they followed us out. i am convinced they was aliens . sounds nuts but i just had that feel and so did my boyfriend .

we speeded all the way home and talked about it for days they was really interested in me and my son . i am not sure why.

Just hope i am not one of them >......

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I totally believe the op...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: awakendhybrid

True, but Occam's Razor would side with my account of things. Always go with the least amount of assumptions. And the assumption that we are a tiny, hard to find speck in the universe is the one with the least amount of assumptions.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
articles.philly.com...

"Space aliens walk among us? Indeed, claims retired Temple prof"

Keyword: "retired"

If a professor is retired, he is now free to speak his mind.

Listen to him.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Their spoken English had an accent I couldn't identify

What did they say to you and what did you hear them say?
Could they have been from another country and not sure what you asked, maybe not understand the currency. The cards would be a tourist type of buy...still it does sound extremely strange and i would not write off your instincts or interpretation.

When they came in the shop I greeted them with my usual "howdy, If I can help you, please let me know" they said thank you and the lady asked if I was the owner of the store and I said "yes mam" in my usual affable Texan drawl.

So, you are Texan and you are saying these people spoke with a European accent you didn't recognise so that must make them ET? Right, ok. That sounds like the only possible explanation doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i find it har to accept aliens wouldn't have done their research and learnt that shops on Earth require money.
unless it's got to the stage now that any alien 'tom, dick and harry' can stop by for a quick stopover.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I suspect that aliens do walk among us but it something that I cannot prove. I don't think that this retired professor can either.

It's merely speculation.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Could you imagine it though, like literally.

Alpha Centaurian: ''Hi, I am from Alpha Centauri, I would like to talk to your leader''

Person: ''The guy before you was from Mars, get in line'' (sarcasm)

Alpha Centaurian: ''really, I am''

Person: ''Security!''

Even if they got through to the 'leaders' do you think they would take kindly to a more powerful being/s on the planet?

I am certain any advanced civilization is way smarter than taking that approach, in fact do you think they would want it known, given the amount of crazy people there are.
edit on 22-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

The Universe might well be electric...and so might some of the species out there too!

I remember writing in another thread sometime ago that aliens might be so advanced they'd see us as little more than lumps of flesh that wobbles about making funny noises. Considering your idea that aliens might be electric makes it very likely that they WOULD see us as little more than wobbly fleshy things.

As for the bright objects seen on some of nasa's footage, yes they do seem to be chasing the energy.
Dont know if your into sci fi but some of the more serious stuff that I've read does follow the idea that some species have sentient ships that feed off energy. The name I use here on ats (voidhawk) is the name of just such a class of ship.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Funny thing, there's an episode of Stargate when the team ends up in the 60's camouflaging themselves as hippies.

You're a lucky guy, I wanna meet these weirdos..

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I once did a belt on the spine and passing chief pulled the rope and belt made of fake vertebrae to 5 centimeters long, it had to be seen, he probably still thinks I'm a mutant but not deprive Award

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's all the more believable knowing he's a professor

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's funny that they blagged your bic pen as the Men In Black have a penchant for stealing pens and being blown a way by them.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

They would not have to travel faster than light. They would only need to be able to produce large amounts of energy and the ability to control gravity. Then it would be possible to 'bend' the fabric of space/time and take a shortcut.

Sort of like bending a piece of paper until one end touches the other, and then jumping to the other half while letting the sheet of paper bend back. You do not need to traverse the entire distance the way we now do.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins
She was one.

edit on 23-7-2014 by Matamoros because: Fixed coding for the image

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

He even admits that speaking out was a bad idea from the financial and career standpoint. He did not benefit in any way.

Neither did John Mack when he was confronted with the Evidence.
Neither did Colonel Charles Halt, who was responsible for a US nuclear missile site and went public with what he saw. A career killer for him; but as a witness, he is unimpeachable. The US saw him fit to command a secret nuclear missile site in the UK.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Have you talked with any other shops/vendors in the area? It would be interesting if any naked hippes walked into a thrift shop, dressed and then left without paying. Kind of like the Terminator...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Some very interesting reply's! As I think back upon the event in my gallery; I never said I thought the two entities were aliens. In retrospect perhaps they were more of the supernatural or angelic style beings. idk.

However I did have another encounter with high strangeness and I might post about it in the near future. For some odd reason it seemed connected to the visit by the "hippies"...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join