It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space aliens walk among us? Indeed, claims retired Temple prof

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: olaru12

Their spoken English had an accent I couldn't identify

What did they say to you and what did you hear them say?
Could they have been from another country and not sure what you asked, maybe not understand the currency. The cards would be a tourist type of buy...still it does sound extremely strange and i would not write off your instincts or interpretation.

When they came in the shop I greeted them with my usual "howdy, If I can help you, please let me know" they said thank you and the lady asked if I was the owner of the store and I said "yes mam" in my usual affable Texan drawl.

So we know they understood the concept of store and ownership. They know the language and how to be polite.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If there are advanced alien races in the Universe that can travel faster than light then Earth has certainly been visited. If true they may very well have created us, made hybrids with us, are living here with us or any other possibilities.

In fact the only way possible they are not here is if we are only intelligent race or faster than light travel is impossible.

We also MUST be being monitored by any number of advanced species if of course the exist and can travel in deep space.

So if you believe aliens that can travel faster than light exist then it follows that they are here with us or at very least monitoring us.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

They were probably tripping off their tits on L S D.
edit on 21-7-2014 by DPrice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
In fact the only way possible they are not here is if we are only intelligent race or faster than light travel is impossible.

One additional possibility:

3. We are not interesting enough.

Bishop

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
If there are advanced alien races in the Universe that can travel faster than light then Earth has certainly been visited. If true they may very well have created us, made hybrids with us, are living here with us or any other possibilities.

Why? What reasoning do you have to state that this is true? There are many many many stars in the galaxy alone let alone the universe, but there is MUCH empty space between each star. Even if a race can travel faster than light, what makes you think that they have explored every star in the galaxy thoroughly for life outside their planet?

The way I see it, a race can still have faster than light travel and still not discover us. Finding our planet would be one of the ultimate needle in a haystack finds. We are minuscule blue orb orbiting an average star in a nondescript part of the galaxy. You'd have to know EXACTLY where we were to find us.

We also MUST be being monitored by any number of advanced species if of course the exist and can travel in deep space.

Why must this be true?

So if you believe aliens that can travel faster than light exist then it follows that they are here with us or at very least monitoring us.

I'm still not seeing it. I'm seeing a HUGE leap in logic since I can't understand how having faster than light travel means you automatically know where all the other intelligent life is in the universe.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199 I think if there is one intelligent space fairing species then there are probably thousands. If so we would likely be worth monitoring to at least some of them.

I do agree though that what you say is possible, just very unlikely.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Acid.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

Maybe they were just trying to get out of paying. I mean hippies are not the richest people lol...

-SAP-

I don't think they were hippies even though the were dressed like that. They were well groomed and smelled like lavender soap not patchouli....

well if they used soap they weren't hippies. Bahahaha I kill me! erm... sorry 'bout that.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Perhaps they were just hippies stoned out of their gourds...look...shiny pen...ooooh...aaaaaaaahhhh...

Des...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hebrews 13:2

" Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Indicates we are somewhat interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
I'm sure there are other possibilities...but... According to the basic tenets of your argument, there is also the possibility that any such alien species/civilizations could have the technology/knowledge to travel faster than light - but, not enough money (resources, fuel, Time) to pay for such interstellar/intergalactic trips.

I think that any alien civilizations that would develop such technologies would also (probably) require commerce.
...unless we assume that all alien civilizations are dictatorships or communists.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

-seems a bit bitter,it isn't THEIR fault.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Also was the tags on the cloths very apparent like they should have known to remove them or some small ones they may have overlooked? Also were the tags like from new clothing or used clothing store or yard sale?

The clothes looked new to me. The tags were attached with those plastic strings thru the fabric. They should have known to remove them before wearing them, but they had left them on.

Many in this thread want to place the blame on the people being stoned; they weren't baked, I know baked, drunk, hammered, loaded, and totally ****** up. In my area there are a number of shops; none of the other shops had seen them.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm going to say, "aliens".

Why not!

(I won't lose points if I'm wrong!)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Hebrews 13:2

" Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Indicates we are somewhat interesting.

i always interpreted that as a notice of possible alien encounters.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

articles.philly.com...

THE WAY David M. Jacobs sees it, aliens from outer space have been kidnapping humans for aeons and sexually molesting them to create human-alien hybrids that walk among us today undetected and will soon take over Earth.

He knows that sounds crazy.

At one time I would have called major cray cray on Mr. Jacobs but recently I had an experience with two people that came into my shop and completely astonished and mystified me.
They were a couple in their mid forties, dressed like 60s hippies [bellbottoms, tiedye] but all their clothes were new and some still had the price tags hanging off them. Their spoken English had an accent I couldn't identify and they brought to the counter a packet of greeting cards. I asked how they wanted to pay and they gave me a look that said they didn't understand. I said, cash, credit card or check. Same look. I ask you...is there anybody on the planet that doesn't understand the concept of retail?

After a couple of minutes they looked at each-other and smiled and left my shop, taking a bic pen I had on the counter with them; looking at it in utter amazement. WTF was that all about.

Perhaps they were casing the joint looking to abduct me. I shudder to think what they want to do with that Bic ball point.

Hippies....money not making sense......happiness.....awe at simple objects. Sounds like acid to me.
edit on 21-7-2014 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
sounds like the 2 'hippies' i met in the 80s.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
David Jacob? SMH

Really?

You all know this guy is a fraud right?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Finding our planet would be one of the ultimate needle in a haystack finds. We are minuscule blue orb orbiting an average star in a nondescript part of the galaxy.

All true, but we are looking in our neighborhood for other life. Would they not first study the stars nearer to them, so if life is abundant out there and any of the nearest stars has advanced life, they may well have found us without to much effort at all.

We are just starting to be able to see the neighbors with planets we have barely reached tech stage, look back to the horse and buggy...not far back!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

unless we assume that all alien civilizations are dictatorships or communists.

Or insectoid like communal.

We are just now starting to look at what space actually is and understand the particle makeup of matter, but these things are moving fast. It is not hard to envision some other planets populations may have learned far more already about everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join