It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SoHo photos VERY INTERESTING........or not, it depends on your views.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have taken these photos from my iphone app today, and I find what I captured very interesting. These photos may be something or nothing, but as I am only a novice in this field I am reaching out to you guys to help me. These types of images have never happened before and I have had the app for well over a year, in fact I got it for when Venus passed in front of the Sun or just a bit before it.
I have captured many "strange" things but nothing like this.
I would be grateful if you guys can tell me what you think it is, as I know what I think but I will keep that to myself....for now.
I have included photos that I downloaded through the apps "save image" function but I have also taken a screenshot, as it has the date and time information.

And now the real interesting ones.

Now as you can see I am a little miffed as to what these pictures show. So, please share your opinions.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Those ARE VERY VERY interesting lensflare "rocks" op
nice find...
Shall await further descriptions of what they may be. Nice find

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad
The LASCO C3 shows Jupiter LASCO C3 Transits 2014

The EIT images:

NOTICE: EIT is undergoing a routine, scheduled, CCD Bakeout.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
CCD Bakeout
edit on 21-7-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

IDK if that answers your questions, it's just what I've found so far.
edit on 21-7-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: format and add

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I included that just to show all the times etc and to show the difference between all of them.
Now you mentioned Jupiter, I might just get the telescope out this fine clear evening and spend a while gazing at the magnificent planet.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Does anybody care to elaborate a little, I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Its the Sun, right? What else?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK
Yes mate it is the sun. Its the rather bright object that is in a solar flare that I am looking to find out about.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Its the rather bright object that is in a solar flare that I am looking to find out about.
Oh that. It's probably just your typical lightship sucking energy from the Sun. I'm more curious about what causes the disco ball in hell looking pics. Still looking.

BTW, no Jupiter in the sky for a few weeks.

When will Jupiter return? Jupiter was the brightest celestial object to light up the evening sky in early July, but by mid-July it has disappeared in the sunset glare. By around July 13, Jupiter set about half an hour after the sun. Jupiter will set with the sun on July 24, to transition out the evening and into the morning sky. Jupiter should become visible in the east at early dawn, starting around the second week of August, 2014.
earthsky.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
in the 5th and 6th photos, what is the straight black thick vertical line going through the bright spot to the upper left of the sun? is that part of the satellite?
ETA- noticed 2 more straight black vertical lines going from the bottom of the sun to about halfway up.

Other than that: Wow, what are the bright spots? one looks disc shaped.

Also, the ones where the sun looks black and only speckled with reddish orange bits... aren't those normally reversed? Shouldn't most of the sun look orange-red with speckled dark is colors? Or is that "disco ball from hell" look considered normal?
edit on 7/21/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Its the rather bright object that is in a solar flare that I am looking to find out about.
Oh that. It's probably just your typical lightship sucking energy from the Sun. I'm more curious about what causes the disco ball in hell looking pics. Still looking.

BTW, no Jupiter in the sky for a few weeks.

When will Jupiter return? Jupiter was the brightest celestial object to light up the evening sky in early July, but by mid-July it has disappeared in the sunset glare. By around July 13, Jupiter set about half an hour after the sun. Jupiter will set with the sun on July 24, to transition out the evening and into the morning sky. Jupiter should become visible in the east at early dawn, starting around the second week of August, 2014.
earthsky.org...

Your reply about the lightship sucking energy was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that image as well. Reminds me of a segment on Science Channels' wonderful show called "Unexplained Files" and in a segment they showed what appeared to be something, a lightship/starship, something, very close to the sun, possibly obtaining energy....

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2014 by Snaffers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snaffers

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Snaffers
LOL...

Are you saying Phage is behind the llightship refueling OR supplying energy to/from the sun?

Say it ain't so...lol

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm wondering how much battery power it sucked up just to take/post those photos?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This has happened before in 1998:

It appears that the SOHO was struck by a micrometeorite shower in the early morning hours (UT) of 1998 February 4. As a result, all four EIT sectors now show light leaks,apprently the result of pinholes in the front filters. (Formerly, only Fe XV 294 Å and, to a lesser extent, Fe IX, X 171 Å showed light leaks.)

Source: Umbra

It seems the micrometeorites have hit the same spots again ???

what are the odds? How funny is that?

Maybe the "tape" is looping... what a shame haha
Maybe they call "the lens flare protocol"TM®, this time.

edit on 21-7-2014 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RUSSO
This has happened before in 1998:

It appears that the SOHO was struck by a micrometeorite shower in the early morning hours (UT) of 1998 February 4. As a result, all four EIT sectors now show light leaks,apprently the result of pinholes in the front filters. (Formerly, only Fe XV 294 Å and, to a lesser extent, Fe IX, X 171 Å showed light leaks.)

Source: Umbra

Maybe the "tape" is looping... what a shame haha
Maybe they call "the lens flare protocol"TM®, this time.

What are those black bars on the pics? They hiding "anomalies" while trying to explain away something else? LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What is it with SOHO images? They seem to be catnip for UFO hunters who don't even understand what they are looking at.

I'm at work now so will explain later but there is nothing at all strange in these images.

For now, go here and see a shape just like your "lightship". That horizontal line is what you get when the CCD is overloaded, by either a cosmic ray strike or a very bright object such as Jupiter.

soho.nascom.nasa.gov...

And the black rectangles are nothing new and nothing sinister. See for example www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll explain the rest when I have time

Oh and RUSSO:

What do you mean, "again"? Do you think they just sent a repair man up to SOHO to fix it the first time? Do you have any idea where SOHO is?
edit on 22-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I wonder if you could help out by telling me what you are seeing that you think is odd? I don't see anything unusual in this image:

This one shows a classic "UFO" shape caused by CCD bleeding along the horizontal rows of pixels. The bright spot is Jupiter.

Jupiter entered the field of view about a week ago and is moving steadily from left to right.

You can see a video of Jupiter moving across the field of view here: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

The remaining EIT images appear to show light leakage. The "bakeout" is a red herring. During a bakeout, no images are captured. And there is no bakeout at the moment, as far as I can see. The last one ended on June 23: umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

By the way, if you want to be sure that there is nothing actually there, compare against the Solar Dynamics Observatory AIA instrument. It has much higher resolution than the relatively ancient SOHO EIT.

Compare:

These are both at 171 Ångstrom and both within minutes of each other.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RUSSO

Uhm either someone in charge of soho pix forgot to blackout a lightship (looks like one of those amphibious ships that can operate in space, sky and sea) or maybe CCD didn't get over-loaded enough and missed something weird ?

What's wrong with this picture ? A shape or form that's different then everything else in the image.

I took a picture of a pink moon two day ago and now I'm curious if it has anything to do with the sun. Unfortunately there's no timestamp on it. But I still have the photo on my cellphone so I can prove that I took it at least. Sure the sky was hazy but I've seen lots of hazy skies at sundown and have never seen a pink moon before.

So yeah the moon reflects the sun's light. I just think it's strange about the timing of it all. It's too bad I couldn't get a closer pic of the moon cuz it looked like it was transparent.

Keep watchin' the skies,

Antonia

edit on AM7312014743am1531am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

edit on AM7312014743am4631am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antoniastar

I took a picture of a pink moon two day ago and now I'm curious if it has anything to do with the sun. Unfortunately there's no timestamp on it. But I still have the photo on my cellphone so I can prove that I took it at least. Sure the sky was hazy but I've seen lots of hazy skies at sundown and have never seen a pink moon before.

If that picture was taken two days ago then it doesn't show the moon. The moon is currently a waning crescent. It looks more like the sun through a hazy sky.

Edit: assuming the time on your cellphone is set correctly, it was taken at 8:11pm on July 19. If it was in Rochester MN (as per your location) then that was 35 minutes before sunset, so the position looks about right.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

The "bakeout" is a red herring.

Any idea why the website says

NOTICE: EIT is undergoing a routine, scheduled, CCD Bakeout.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov... ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join