It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nanoFLOWCELL-Powered Quant e-Limo Approved For German Road Trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
so could this be the next big thing?

Quant says the car has a torque output of "four times" 2,900 newton-meters (2,138 lb-ft), and the car's acceleration figures certainly suggest there's plenty of power. 62 mph is swept away in 2.8 seconds, and the car will press on to "over" 217 mph. The company claims several advantages of its flow-cell technology, but among them is energy density. A flow-cell of equivalent weight to a lithium-ion battery has five times greater performance.

better still the company claims a range of 372 miles--- that's more than 100 miles further than a Tesla Model S can do.

Now I don't pretend to understand all this ultra high-tech stuff but it's clear we'll all be driving one of these, or something like it in the near future... and that day gets closer and closer all the time

Anyway here's the link to the story

while your there check out the story about how BMW And Mercedes Working Together On Wireless Charging electric cars. You know, charger built right into your parking space... no wires... wouldn't want to stand on it if it's raining though...

Link to company's website
edit on 21-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Good grief that is some torque...They would have to redesign road surfaces to cope!
My VW is 176 lb-ft and I thought that was grippy.

Awesome looking car-but the speeds are just silly.
You should have to pass a seperate test to be able to drive it I think,or you would end up crashing hard.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Not quite energon cubes but good enough to get us going!

woo hoo!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

and there calling this thing a Sports Limo...
Limo to me calls up images of big heavy and long...

still I've driven a semi, Freightliner with a Detroit series 60 engine ...
And that baby made 2,000 Pound feet of torque too... By compression my old 69 cuda could only do 375

edit on 21-7-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
Not quite energon cubes but good enough to get us going!

woo hoo!

Yeah but the question is
when am I going see this tech in a car I can afford ... like a nanoFLOWCELL Ford focus?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Nice. 0-62 in 2.8 seconds will definitely generate some g-force. Electric cars benefit from having a basically flat torque curve so they're at peak torque from the get go.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Technology seem to jump ahead by leaps and bounds

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
talk to the people that have to change out the "battery" on their electric cars.....thousands of dollars every few years....kinda defeats the cost savings in fuel, for gas powered vehicles....plus let's not forget....someone actually has to manufacture those batteries, apparently that detail is vague and not discussed either, as far as environmental impact goes.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
My birthday is soon, can I get one, pretty please?

Interesting, huge leap forward in technology and as it becomes less expensive, we might see huge change in car industry, as well petroleum...

S & F for news...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well, how about you just throw a solar cell or two on top of your house, and bank the money you would otherwise spend on gas for when your battery battery goes out... someone has to manufacture all that gas you know...

Who cares if the batteries go out... sign me up for solar roadways and one of these bi#$hs... let's do this future thing!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I posted an article from Gizmag this morning about the Quant and the INCREDIBLE claims it's manufacturer has been making.

www.gizmag.com...

It is alternatively described as a solar car and a saltwater powered car.

One "feature" is the "Flowcell Accumulator Kinetic Energy System or 'Fakes' for short.

It's a hoax.

Quant didn't exist 4 months ago.

Check out their company founder with the shoeblack dye job!

If something sounds too good to be true, guess what?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Good grief that is some torque...They would have to redesign road surfaces to cope!

My VW is 176 lb-ft and I thought that was grippy.

Awesome looking car-but the speeds are just silly.

You should have to pass a seperate test to be able to drive it I think,or you would end up crashing hard.

Corvette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, all 500lb ft. or less torque. If true that number is crazy.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Change the gearing to a range that give you a max speed of around 100 MPH and the range should just about twice as far at about 744 mile.

That is why i question if its a hoax. The tree huggers in the US will not allow and do not want people driving fast and would require the gear change for longer range claiming less energy will be USED.

i know if i bought one that is the first thing i would do just for lower cost to operate out of my pocket.
i have no need for a car that goes over 100 miles a hour.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What makes this vehicle so expensive are the materials.

The chassis is one piece, cast Unobtanium, which as most people know is a very rare element.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

In an effort to help you and Superfrog get a car of this type, I did a quick search and found them at:

www.amazon.com... hvrand=15057096180248442748&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_9iyd0j1p1d_b

Hope this helps. Even if only a little.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

Thank you, or should I say 'danke'.

I had no idea they had toys powered like this, but not so great reviews...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here is a nice review of the "saltwater powered" toy car
Sounds more like it runs on eroding magnesium but cool anyway.
www.poppopboats.net...

But what about this actual topic, is this car real?
www.motorauthority.com...

??
X

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
Here is a nice review of the "saltwater powered" toy car
Sounds more like it runs on eroding magnesium but cool anyway.
www.poppopboats.net...

But what about this actual topic, is this car real?
www.motorauthority.com...

??
X

I already told you.

It's a scam.

top topics

join