It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside The U.S. Army’s Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Awesome! All of it? Or "selected"? And how would we know if it is "all of it"?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
WOW!!!.....For later. S&F Cheers.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So this is where they keep all the stufz they lootz from their wars.

So they will show us this, but not Fort Knox?

edit on 21-7-2014 by moobie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Holy C***!!!!!!

I have walked past that building a hundred times if not more and never knew that was in there. It sits way off on a corner of Fort Belvoir. Probably not a dozen people work there.

I remember walking past it once and out back they had an old Pack 75 just sitting out. On a weekend. No one around.

Crazy. And here I never knew I lived so close to the Ark of the Covenant

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Many countries or organisations have these secret treasuries where they collect either their ill gotten gains or their 'ahem' gifts from 'appreciative friends'.
I know for a fact that the bank of England has such art in its vaults, such as paintings, antiques, and gifts from organisations to members of staff.
The bank was given a 1 kilo gold bar from the Bank of China to be passed onto the late governor Eddie George ( before Mervyn King and the new guy)
Plus Scotland yard has the Black Museum as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColonelSF
What's the F*****g point of keeping all these fantastic pieces of art hidden away? They should build a proper Armed Forces museum preferably in Washington DC, and display this artwork for the world to see!

Anyways, whose dumb idea was this to keep this away from art lovers and the public at large? Is there a hidden agenda?

No hidden agenda, just a matter of space and budgets. I've seen many of those pieces in reproductions and in books. The "shell shock" painting is a very iconic one and you see it frequently. Many of those pieces are loaned out to various army museums and are rotated through. As much as I love museums and art, realistically we couldn't afford a huge museum to put every one of those paintings on display right now. At least they will be preserved for future generations.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Great find, wonder what else they have in there.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

While kewl - it's also rather sick. Think of the funds required to maintain this collection especially when we spend so little to maintain our natural wonders.

I'll take trees over a collection of weapons and art glorifying war.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'll take trees over a collection of weapons and art glorifying war.

My first reaction was that you have a one track mind and can't see the forest because the trees are in your way.

Then I thought, we need this sort of thing so we can learn the lesson of the futility of war.

Then I thought, but we never learn!

Then I considered that if we digitized the whole collection and put it up on the web, perhaps we may have a chance of finally learning the lesson.

Then I thought of the sheeple getting their collective rocks off seeing all of this stuff.

Finally, I had an epiphany.

The human race is just so screwed

However, trees will not save us.

P

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Brilliant.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It's "phoenix" not "pheonix".

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The shear amount of Military historical artifacts is astounding. This is ever enthusiast dream. Being one of them, I would just to see the amount and range of items from the Revolutionary war. Thing that have with stood the test of time.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin

It's "phoenix" not "pheonix".

Yes Sir, Officer, would you like to see my papers as well.

I can spell. I just choose to be different. By the time I got on the internet all of the phoenix names were taken so I CHOSE to misspell it. Jeez, what is my sentence .... 20 lashes or 5 years as an oarsman on an aircraft carrier.

P

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting it has Hitler's Confiscated Paintings

I wonder what else is there Confiscated of Nazi Germany to The Japanese Empire

At the age of 18, Adolf Hitler applied to the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna but was rejected. A number of Hitler’s paintings were seized by the U.S. Army at the end of World War II and found a home at the center. None of the confiscated Nazi art has ever been displayed, and the curators thought them too controversial for this piece. The scene above was filmed at the center for the documentary The Rape of Europa.

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This reminds me of the seed vaults, dna vaults, data storage vaults... and now art vaults.

It appears to be a common theme going on.

I duuno ?

leolady

top topics

<< 1   >>

join