It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you don't like guns. Give that a couple of minutes.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here's the thing, the gun takes out the squishing, nobody likes squishing flies.

I could be wrong, any squishers here?

a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro
Here's the thing, the gun takes out the squishing, nobody likes squishing flies.

I could be wrong, any squishers here?

I like to pull off their wings and watch them walk around.

edit on 21-7-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
weirdguy is just a weird guy, definately not a squisher.

If you noticed in the vid, one of the shots took off one or both of the wings of a fly.

Worth buying just for that reason.

Have you ever tried splatting, I think splatting is more manly than squishing. Give it a shot.

a reply to: weirdguy

edit on 21-7-2014 by keenasbro because: to add

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Semantics, semantics. Yes you could argue whether the salt weighs more than the sand. But on the other hand, who's to say what grit the sand is, or where the sand came from. Being different beaches all have a finer or heavier grit sand. But yeah it could be fun to argue this point!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

I myself am a squisher! All I've said to this point aside, this would be something fun to own. and use!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Lmao, awesome

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Done the squish, the splat, the swat and even the swallow
. I've even had them lodged in the back of the throat while still hearing the buzzing and feel the wings flapping, that's really pleasant I can tell you.

I may well be overstepping the mark here a little bit, but I'd like to nominate the inventor as ATS inventor of the year.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Done the squish, the splat, the swat and even the swallow
. I've even had them lodged in the back of the throat while still hearing the buzzing and feel the wings flapping, that's really pleasant I can tell you.

I may well be overstepping the mark here a little bit, but I'd like to nominate the inventor as ATS inventor of the year.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Now if I could get one with mosquito targeting night vision, rich would be an understatement. Also needed is a Morton speedloader for horse barns nation wide. What kind of salt? Kosher, sea, or table? Or is it that fancy pink himalayan sea salt for the tracer effect?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
As usual these things cost 50% more in Aus.

They want $70.00 over here.

I will have to wait for the Chinese copies ........ in 4..3..2..1

P

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Lol the fancy pink salt!
Remember I was at a buddies house and we were cooking something and he asked me to grab the salt out of his cupboard and when I opened it I didn't see anything that I knew as salt. He saw the puzzled look ok my face and told me, " it's the pink stuff right there in front of you"
Didn't know about the stuff till that day. I like the tracer idea tho

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hey I did say it was silly

I did not think about different grits when I was typing that so again, touché.
But i think we can let this point die out and marvel and what we have in the video

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I saw a guy who made the homemade one last year or something, didn't realize they'd go into production with it... I guess the theory is, the grains of salt screw up their vision and they don't have time to fly away, getting pounded by salts gotta be deadly at that size too, doubt they'd die from a blast of air..

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
As usual these things cost 50% more in Aus.

They want $70.00 over here.

I will have to wait for the Chinese copies ........ in 4..3..2..1

P

For $70.00 I want the zoom, high speed camera and playback gear to be able to post all of the amazing fly kills.

Or, I could take the sonic tracking scope for mozzies, I may even pay more for that one!

R&D and initial set up was crowd funded so why do they need to make so much $$$$$$$$$$ from it.

Seriously, they are just asking to be copied. To me, it seems to be much the same as a Nerf gun.

P

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Lol the fancy pink salt!
Remember I was at a buddies house and we were cooking something and he asked me to grab the salt out of his cupboard and when I opened it I didn't see anything that I knew as salt. He saw the puzzled look ok my face and told me, " it's the pink stuff right there in front of you"
Didn't know about the stuff till that day. I like the tracer idea tho

I led a simple morton salt kind of life, until I met this hot little gal that has that hippie look, eats vegetarian, and knows what every food does to your body and all the side effects of tap water, and city air. Hence the fancy pink himalayan sea salt. She was the juicing queen of California, where else would I have found her? I was in love until I had to drink my meals. It is amazing how one's looks wear off quickly when your stomach is involved. A cigar produced a full blown fit, and the mention of hamburger brought on the hebejebes. I miss her for reasons we can't discuss here but I eat much better now.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

hahaha the sound effects were great and the shooting the fly on the pop corn just made so much sense.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So if I were to buy one of these, I would lose hours of fun watching my dogs visually tracking and chomping at flies mid air.
Flies are like puppy heroine.
It's as if the dogs were protecting Momma and I from an alien air force.
CHOMP.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541
Yes, but if your dogs are like mine, you also will save money, not having to replace screens!

I may have to get one of those for the hubby. He has so much fun with the "electric" flyswatter now, he would love this one.

LOL, just thought about how happy you can make a man, with bug killing equipment.
Easily entertained.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Why doesn't EVERYONE use Dim Mac?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I believe the reason for the salt is because it is still safe to eat food after it has been shot with this. It makes sense because flies are attracted to food.

Of course you could throw in different spices (as far as I can tell), but salt is cheap enough.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join