It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you don't like guns. Give that a couple of minutes.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I could have put this elsewhere, however at the risk of getting shot down, here it is.

I present to you the Bug-A-Salt. Pure genius and just goes to show what crowd funding can really achieve.

Source

It was successfully crowdfunded a few years ago, now you can buy one for real. Does it not warm the very cockles of your heart that humanity could come together and accomplish something great like this?

I have to say I've been converted.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 21-7-2014 by myselfaswell because: pesky typo.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Omg that is amazing!
I need one of these!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
do they have a convenient gun format for cleaning up salt?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I've found it as low as $40 including shipping. I wish I were rich.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That's the coolest thing I have ever seen haha I am pretty sure I would spend hours hunting down critters with that thing. xD

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Probably not, but I doubt it's nothing a good lung full of air won't fix up in a hurry.

Also, just think of the salt absorbing all of that nasty humidity.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

that is way cool i want one...it gives me great pleasure watching flies get smashed like that

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If it lands on your dinner you can apply seasoning while going in for the kill. Fill that sucker up with garlic powder and oregano for pasta night! Just don't use it to salt your popcorn in the middle of a crowded movie theater.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Interesting .. but too noisy .. prefer this method ..

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Hmmm. That's an awful lot of prancing around to kill one fly, you'd never kill any at that pace.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It looks like the blast of air is what does the trick. Look at all the sprinkles flying off of the donut. (Police would apparently not buy this) What does this do that a simple BB or pellet gun couldn't? As long as it's not loaded but still has a full Co2 canister in it... I don't think the body of a fly was designed to withstand that kind of a shock.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I was drawn to this thread by its title. I'll be honest. I don't like guns so much. But that doesn't mean that I am unreasonable. Most gun owners are not gun fetishists. They do not equate their humanity or masculinity with owning a gun. I know how explosive this point is. If you are reasonable, then so am I. I don't want to take anyone's gun away. What I do want is less blood and sorrow. Who doesn't want that?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hehe.. its good exercise focus the mind and channel the energy ..

with practice it can be done without the extra "show" .. still working on the technique here best manage so far is with large sewing needle trying get to where can use small one ..

Far too much time on my hands being semi-retired .. gotta keep busy somehow ..
plus mozzies out here make good targets got far more mozzies than flies ..
edit on 21/7/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I want distribution rights in Australia.

There are 20 flies for each snag put on the BBQ, I've hurled rocks, kids, chairs at the little B'sards, threatened them with violence should I ever get my hands on them.

They don't listen.

I want 1000's of these weapons of fly destruction. WFD's

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Anyone know where the specs are.

Range? Salt per shot.

Looks good, hours of fun for the kids (after teaching them some safety.)

Queensland needs a bigger version for cane toads.

P

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

I was under the impression that the salt was moving fast enough to cause the the lethal strike and the salt acts as shotgun pellets almost guaranteeing a hit

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Or, if you don't have an abundance of flys in your house, you can always bring it to your favorite restaurant.

"Salt anyone"?

Salt shakers everywere should fear becoming obsolete.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What a double barrel golf club.
a reply to: pheonix358

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I was under the impression that the salt was moving fast enough to cause the the lethal strike and the salt acts as shotgun pellets almost guaranteeing a hit

Why not use something a fraction of a cent cheaper than salt, like sand?

I find myself wondering, for no reason in particular, why salt specifically, sand, pepper, any household spice, dirt, anything could be used.

I just think it would be a lot cheaper to go out and buy some Co2 canisters, shoot the fly with a blast of air, and while its stunned, squish it.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Well just shooting air is not fun! Need to shoot a projectile!
What your saying makes total sense tho.
Getting into some silly semantics here but would sand fly as far as salt? Or would it be carrying as much force if it could reach the same distance.
Salt would have some more weight to it, could be the reason for the usage.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join