It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were You Visited By A Departed Family Member/Friend ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonLightStars
I love these stories!

My mom's side of the family is sensitive to these things. I have 2 cousins and 1 brother who have actually seen family members that have passed. I haven't, but I do see them in dreams. My grandma seems to always be in my dreams and my mom's dreams. She is always warning us of something to come or giving hints to something to come. Future babies, future deaths...etc.

My most recent one - she told me about something in October. Now...I am waiting around for October.

Well, now you have my curiosity running wild! If it's something that isn't personal, could you come back in Oct. and tell us?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Of course! She said something about "testing in October" and a sense of dread came over me.

My FIL is going through cancer right now and I have wondered if it is connected to this. I wrote down in my dream diary. My husband does not want me to tell him any dreams that involve his Dad. This dream did not mention him whatsoever. So we will see.

I will definitely come back and let you know if anything comes about in October!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: Lolliek

I don't know how well this will go over here because it has to do with religion, but the only thing that comes to my mind with the age being 33 is because that is the age Jesus was when he died on the cross.

Okay, I know there are a lot of people that don't believe he died; I've seen the threads, etc. but, I don't have any other theories for it being 33.

No, we regress back to our early thirties and stay there... until we reincarnate.

I am not happy with that explanation so I will give you two more to try on so to speak.

1 We regress until we reach 25 years old. 25 is the age at which we finish growing. It is when the brain has fully grown and matured. It is the age at which wisdom starts.

2. We eventually regress to a baby state at which time we are ready for another turn at the wheel of reincarnation.

Just two more possibilities.

P

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I've read many books/articles by the most famous mediums, and they all say we regress to an age in the early thirties. I've never once read that we regress back to being a baby. We would only be a baby if that's the age we died while on earth.

But, I'm no expert. We won't know for sure until we experience it for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yep, the night my Grandpa died, he came to me while dreaming and told me he was ok, and the location ofGrandma's diamond ring. I told the family about this, and the were dismissive. A week later they found the ring where I told them. I was 12.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If you hear your loved ones call your name, or see them then say a prayer for them.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
LOL! Eventually we will all find out what happens with the age regression. Hopefully later than sooner! If I do get a choice, I would go for my early twenties. My early 30's, especially 33, were horrible years for me.

It is very soothing to know that loved ones are watching over you. I forgot to add another story that might not be as obvious as the other two, but I believe it to be true. Forgive me in advance for it being a long story. My very sane, very rational father from my previous post died June 26, 2011 of end stage Parkinson's. After the funeral, my kids, my husband and I climbed into my van to leave the cemetery. The car wouldn't start. Just the click and whir of the engine. Of course there were family and friends available, so we were able to get a jump. Afterwards, that event was quickly forgotten in the craziness of the next few days.

About a week later, back home, my then 8 year old twins and I had to run some errands. I pulled into a store parking spot, did my errand, and we got back into the car. You guessed it - the car wouldn't start. Now, we had just moved to this town in June, and my husband was on a business trip. I didn't know anyone to call. It was the middle of summer in the South, and we were stuck. I was trying to get a hold of roadside service when this car pulled up beside me. Out comes this elderly man, walking with a cane and looking remarkably like my dad! He asked me if I needed some help, I said yes, and he told me to sit tight and he'd be right back. 10 minutes later he comes back with an Auto Zone employee following him in another car. They had a new battery and tools in which to change it out! The man then left before I could get his name or write him a check. Funny thing is that he never made it into the store we were parked at!

So, to make a long story longer (
), my dad was watching over us that day, and made sure I knew it. I think the cemetery incident was him trying to tell my husband that he needed to get my van looked at. When that didn't happen, he sent this other man to help me. I don't think I would 've trusted anyone younger.

I miss my dad terribly. I do know he is keeping an eye out for me, but the little girl in me wants to be able to crawl onto his lap! Anyway, that's Story #3.
edit on 7/31/2014 by Lolliek because: Grammatical errors fixed

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

Thanks Lolliek.
I think you're right. It was him.

The first time I met my dad in that astral room, I ran and sat in his lap and we just sat there hugging for the longest time.
It was so GREAT to see him and feel his arms around me... there are no words.

Maybe you could ask your spirit guide to arrange a meeting with your dad some night?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The evening of my mothers passing I got this compelling feeling that I needed to go through the photos in her wallet as if there was something there for me to see. So, I did a search and hidden among the photos was a personal note that I'd written to her years ago. I believe in life after death and I believe in the Angelic realms. I'd been talking to mom about some things dealing with her estate and how lost I felt and asked her to let me know if she hears me somehow. A couple of days later it was her birthday and I went to her gravesite to bring her some flowers (she loved fresh cut flowers) and chat. As I was leaving I noticed a feather to the right of her headstone. I picked it up and carry it with me now, as for me it is confirmation that she is near and listening always.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jayna

Sorry for the late, late reply!

I get feathers as a sign too. I find them in the oddest places, where there is no way a feather should be. I know immediately it is a sign from my departed loved ones, or my angels, that they are with me.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

No problem. I've just recently joined although I've been here before checking things out. Just curious, do you have dreams also that involve those that have passed on?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jayna

Oh yes! I have had dreams about visiting my dad several times, and my 2nd husband who was killed in a car wreck too. People often visit with them while sleeping, entering the astral plane.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My grandad had been in a care home for about 7 years. He had Alzheimers. I haven't seen my grandad for about 5 years, due to a family rift.

a couple of months ago, i awoke in the middle of the night, to see what i thought was an old man standing by my bed.
I was terrified as i thought it was an intruder, but i realised it must be my imagination, when i saw that i saw how see- through the was, and he disappeared.

i was very unsettled all night, and when my partner came to bed, i told him what i saw.

the next day, my sister rang me to tell me my grandad had died that night. My partner then reminded me of what i had seen that night,
and i freaked out, but came to realise, that if it had been my grandad, then he was saying goodbye.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just lost both of my parents this year.

My mother on May 27 from respiratory failure.

My father on Jul 23 from stroke. (2 days before my birthday)

I've been living in their house, cleaning it, selling lots of items, and wondering what to do with the rest.

I was talking with a friend on the phone about my mom & I making a plaque for my dad when he got a "hole-in-one" when he used to play lots of golf, but I couldn't remember what ever happened to it.

Well, over the course of a week I would wander into their bedroom to clean and organize things, and this dresser had doors on it, and one of the doors would be open when I walked in. This happened 3 separate times. The door has magnetic strips to attach it to the wood frame, so it doesn't just come open on it's own. It's never come open on it's own in the 20+ years my parents lived in that house. So, one day I decided to rummage around in the dresser and found my dad's hole in one plaque.

I knew then my parents were watching over me, but I've yet to hear or see them physically or in any of my dreams to this day. I have their urns in my living room with a little memorial set up. I talk to them every day, and at night before bed I walk around the house wondering if they'll show themselves. Maybe one day.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kevinquisitor

I am so sorry for your loss Kevinquisitor.

I do think the wardrobe door being open and you finding the plaque was a sign for you. I think our loved ones do find ways to communicate with us. Everyone has experiences in different ways. It took me a while after my mother passed to get any kind of sign or communication with her.

Again, my deepest condolences to you and your own. xx

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kags42

Yes, a lot of people say they see their loved ones just after they die. That has never happened to me. But I did witness my dad's spirit leaving his body when he died in the hospital. All the family were there standing by his bed. I was at the foot of the bed.
I saw a white mist rise from his body very quickly, then vanish about 3 ft. above his body.

I'm sorry for your loss, but at least he did stop by to see you and say good-bye.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry you lost both parents so close together. That had to be hard for you.

Yet, at the same time, I get a good feeling from your story. Validation from them that they are still with you.
Awesome!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes.

My brother... it was a few minutes after his official time of death according to the autopsy report.

I was in bed sleeping when I suddenly sat bolt upright in bed (out of a deep sleep) for no apparent reason. I was wide awake and sat there looking around the room, it felt like someone was in the room with me. I turned and looked at my alarm clock, it was a few minutes after 9am (Saturday morning).

I just kind of shrugged it off and laid back down and went to sleep.

Later on that day, I was on the front steps outside playing with my Barbie dolls (I was 13 years old at the time), when a car pulled up to the front of our house and a man in a suit and tie got out and started walking up our sidewalk.

I instantly stood up and starting screaming and crying at the man, "My brother's not dead ! My brother's not dead ! You have the wrong person ! Go away !".

The man stopped dead in his tracks with his jaw on the ground and I ran into the house upstairs to my room screaming and crying.

My mom was yelling from the kitchen, "What's wrong ?!".

And then I heard the doorbell ring, and then my mom screaming and crying.

But I knew what she was crying about.

I had no idea why I knew what I knew at the time... It wasn't until my mom told me the results of the autopsy report a couple of years later, and when she told me the official time of his death (9:01am) that's when it all clicked together for me as to what had actually transpired that awful Saturday morning.

That was 34 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.

There has also been quite a few times in my life where I felt my brother's presence.

One particular incident was where I heard his voice yell in my right ear: "Stop !!!" (I instantly recognized his voice)... which caused me to stop dead in my tracks as I was just about to step off of the curb... at that precise second, a transit bus went whizzing past in front of me, going at full speed. It was so close in front of me that the sideview mirror actually brushed past the tip of my forehead, grazing my hair... had I been so much as one inch closer to the edge of the curb, I would have been creamed. That was a couple of years after he died, I was about 15 at the time that happened.

I was an idiot deep in my own thoughts at the time (for whatever reason), wasn't paying attention to where I was walking, and didn't even look before I was about to cross the street.

My brother saved my life that day, there's no doubt in my mind about that one. There was nobody else on the street but me that morning.

When I got across the street, I stopped, looked up to the sky with tears in my eyes and quietly whispered: "Thank you big bro... I love you, I miss you."

He was my big brother and protector in life, and I guess he continued to be my big brother and protector in death.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
my grandps often daily, i often just say not today gramps
hehe

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So sorry to hear that both your parents have past and so close together. That's got to be terribly hard. I lost my mom just over this summer, so I know some of what your feeling. The things that we hold onto regarding them may seem so mundane to others, but their not. Yes, they definitely are near. I believe it's a process for them as well, I truly do. While we take the structure of families for granted, there is a reason that we are born into them and according to those who have had NDE we are again taken into the arms of family when we pass. So, our bonds with them are as timeless as the heavens above, you are not alone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join