It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were You Visited By A Departed Family Member/Friend ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I recently had a member of my family pass away unexpectedly from a massive heart attack. When his son came in to help with arrangements, he stayed in the house where his dad died.
The next day, his son told us his dad came to him that morning around 3 a.m. and asked him, "What are you doing? You need to go to bed." He didn't seem to realize he was dead. His son said he had a conversation with him. I didn't pry about anything else that they discussed.

Over the next couple of days, I was sitting in my living room when I began to feel his presence with me; the small lamp I have sitting next to my chair began to flicker. I "felt" that he was confused about what was going on, and why he was here at my house. (Another family member had brought his Urn to my house until the memorial service.)
I explained to him that he had passed suddenly from a massive heart attack and told him to look for his mother and other family members that were waiting for him there. He seemed to understand and was calmed by what I said.

During the "celebration of life" memorial service we had at his house, one of his friends that was attending was talking about how he used to rub her belly when she was pregnant. As soon as she said that, all the lights in the entire house went off and on. Everyone in the room knew it was "him" making his presence known. Everyone said, "Hello, ____," almost in unison.

Earlier, I was taking pictures of his photo collage on the wall, but only got two pictures snapped before my camera batteries went dead. That shouldn't have happened because I had charged it up just a few days prior and I hadn't used it. Again, we all knew he had drained my batteries.

I do wish he had allowed me to snap a few more pictures of the people in the living room who attended. I think I would probably have gotten one of him right there among everyone else.

I'm interested to hear how others have received communication from their loved ones soon after passing. It could be in dreams, or any experience where you think it was them.

I searched this topic, but the last thread I saw was in 2012. I hope I'm not bringing this up again too soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

When my mother died it was like I was engulfed in a hurricane of love and concern. I told her to go to God and I will catch up with her latter.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hello Sled,
Here is my account.
It happened 5 years ago. My husband and I decided to go live in his home country. I have never met his family before then and we decided to stay in his mother's house until we found our own home.

My husband had not seen his family members for over half year in person when we went to his country.

I was sitting in the living room looking at all the family portraits. There was a face portrait of an old man, ...my husband told me that he was his late grandfather, the one who passed away while we were still working in another country, and he wasn't able to go to the funeral.

At night, we are sleeping in a guestroom, my husband is already asleep, when out of nowhere a spirit appears, standing in front of the door. His face looked exactly like the man in the portrait, and he was holding a walking stick.
He was just smlling at me , then nodded, and vanished.

I wasn't afraid, since he seemed friendly, and seemed to be welcoming me into the family.

The next morning, I told my husband what I had seen, and he said his grandpa didn't use a walking stick. I was so adamant about it, that I asked his sisters.
It turned out that I was right. The last few months, before he died, he used a walking stick to walk.
My husband didn't know about this.

I have never seen him again, only on that first night.

What a welcoming.

This was one of my positive experiences with the spirit world, that I am happy to share.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Gonna write this as a quick version because I'm using a blackberry and on the bus, my stop is coming up.

During the run up to the whole turning on of the LHC (my grandfather had died the year before) I was really concerned, with the reports of black holes, the world stopping etc. so I looked at a picture of my granddad and said Can you come and tell me if its gonna be alright, if I'm not gonna be killed in an instant. The night of it happening and a few minutes before I dreamt that I was back at his old flat and he walked through the living room door and said 'Stop being stupid. Nothings gonna happen and you'll be fine. So wake up!'

I'm not normally awake before nine in the morning but on that morning, the morning of the LHC being turned on at seven in the morning, I was up at six forty five and as you know, everythings fine.

That's the only time I've been visited by a loved one who died. I'm just hoping my dog would come and visit me now. Miss him like mad

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Had visits from departed family and ancestors many times over the years .. often will set things out for them to have when they visit .. been a few times theyve even saved my life over the years ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I've mentioned before on here that, I had a very real dream about my mum before they turned her life support off. Where she met with m in a cafe we had juice and she told me "she couldn't fight this one, sorry" then left.
I was told by 2 separate mediums that her and my grandmother watch over my life and my kids. Told they will give me signs like red admiral butterflies and flickering lights to make me aware that they are around.

My eldest boy told me his Grandpa (ex's father who is dead whom my son never met) taught him how to sleep at night without nightmares and seizures (my son suffers badly from them)
I told him you meand Granda (his great grandfather) or granda james (ex's step father) and he said no Mummy's dad.

Strange things like this keep happening to me and those around me lol

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks to all who have shared so far.

When my father died, I met him in the astral plane while I slept. He was sitting in a room, and when I walked through the door and saw him, I was elated beyond words!
I ran and jumped in his lap, and we hugged each other so tight! I can still feel the love that engulfed me.
We sat there and talked for awhile, then he got up and said he had to go, and walked out the door.

I was always "Daddy's little girl".
He has come to me a couple more times since that first meeting, but it's always in what most label as "dreams", although I know it's real.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Along time ago now, just after my sister had suddenly past on, I had a vivid dream.
I stood in a field of tall grass with the wind making ripples as the grass bobbed up and down. Not far away was a dirt road and two figures walking along it towards my direction. Suddenly I was at the side of the dirt road and the two people were much closer now, one of them was my sister and she smiled at me kindly. The other figure was a black silhouette.

A few years later there was a similar scene in the movie Gladiator that had just come out in the cinema. I figure that I am not the only one who has stood in that field.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A few years after my cousin died(he was also my best friend), I opened my building door(utility building, lawn mowers, etc.) and on the door there was a piece of string stuck right in the center at eye level that formed an 'R'. This is the first letter of my cousins name. I took photos of it. A few days later, I was in my closet looking for something when I came across some of his belongings that I put in a gallon zip-loc baggy. I opened his wallet looking at stuff, reminiscing, and started noticing how he signed his name. The 'R' I found on my building door was exactly how he made his 'R's'. -He made the loop of his 'R's' a certain way that is much different to how most other 'R's' I have seen. I took it as a sign that he was letting me know that he was here.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Hiya, I had contact with my uncle after he died. It is a bit of a long story, but I will share it.

Several years ago before I moved to the U.K., my uncle died suddenly of a massive coronary a few days before New Year's Eve. We held his funeral a week after the holidays ended. The night after his funeral, I had a very clear vivid dream of him. We were at his funeral and he was there, walking among everyone and thanking them for coming, how much it meant to him yet no one was reacting to him being there. He stopped at me and gave me a huge hug and told me he loved me very much and that he was happy. He asked me to please tell his brothers ( my dad and other uncle) that he was happy and to please not be upset anymore. He was where he was supposed to be and very happy. Well, I snapped awake after that and when I did, I felt a breeze on my face and the best way I can describe what I smelled was the woods. My uncle was an avid outdoors man and spent a lot of his time in the woods. As far as the breeze, it was January and I lived in New England, there was no way a window was open. I honestly felt I had a visitation.
Anyway, I didn't know how to bring up that dream to my dad as he was taking my uncles death really hard so I left it. A few weeks after the first dream, I had another one. This one was just as vivid as the first one. I was in the field next to my parents house during a blizzard and there was an igloo. (Random I know) anyways, I went in the igloo and my uncle was sitting there next to a huge fire. I asked him why was he out here when my parents house would be so much warmer. He grabbed my hands and told me that I needed to do what he had asked me to do. I needed to put my dad and uncle's minds to rest and let them know he was ok and happy. He hugged me and told me he loved me and asked me to please pass on his message. When I woke up, again, there was a breeze across my face and the smell of the woods. After that dream, I told my dad about them. He said he felt I had a visitation and I had made him feel better because he know knew my uncle was happy.
On a side note. Almost a year after his death, I was stuck in traffic on the DW Highway in Nashua NH on my way to the mall to do some Christmas shopping. As I sat in the traffic, there was a song that came on the radio that reminds me of my uncles and dad. As I sat there listening, I felt his presence in my car. Then the car in front of me decided to go in the other lane and as I pulled up a bit I noticed the license plate on the car in front of me. It was WZE1226. The WZE, well when you say them together, you get my uncles nickname through out his entire life. 12/26 was the day he died. Coinky dink? I didn't think so. I think he was poppin in to say hi.
Thanks for reading! xx

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh, yes.

Happened a few years back.

I had just attended a funeral of a friend who had passed after a long, long battle with cancer. She had refused treatment because she wanted to give birth to her child, and the cancer ate her alive.

I was, as you might imagine, a little sad. On top of that, the weather was absolutely horrible. Snow, wind, rain, more snow...

I was driving home, and for some odd reason, I decided to drive via a route I almost never took.

On the stereo, I was listening to Dvorak's New World symphony.

About half way home, the weather began to get even worse...just sheets of rain, with sleet mixed in.

Then something remarkable happened.

Suddenly behind me the sun broke through, and all that rain stopped, and the gray around me just turned this incredible shade of silver...the likes of which I've never seen before, or since; and likely never will again, this side of heaven should I be so lucky.

Even a pair of old rusty grain silos waiting to fall were silver in this amazing sunlight.

...and my car suddenly had more than just me in it. I felt two presences in there with me...my mom, who had passed several years before from cancer, and my friend. Didn't see anything, but I could almost feel a pair of small hands on my shoulders. I would not have been surprised, when I looked through the rear view mirror, had I seen both of 'em sitting behind me.

Without words, they said that everything was going to be OK.

To this day, I don't know why. Why did they come to see me? I wasn't despondent. I was sad, yes.

Michelle was an amazing person. Quite literally the nicest person on the planet, and I'll argue that with anyone.

My mom was equally amazing. Smart. Caring. Everything a mom is supposed to be.

Any answer probably lies there. A pair of moms. Being where they were needed. Never had the nerve to ask if anyone else felt Michelle that day...

By the time I got home, the glooms had lifted.

Still miss both of them, of course, and all the friends/family I've lost since then...but I know, as an article of faith; that I'll see them again. I'd always thought that, but this event confirmed that.

So, yes, to answer your question, I've been visited.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Mine just happened this year. Those who have read my posts know I have lost someone recently.

A man that was the love of my life and I could never seem to get our relationship together. He was with another or I was. I finally just figured that it wasn't meant to be and went on with my life. Come to find out,when I had walked away from relationships in '03 he he just divorced and was free,and I guess neither of us knew about the other one. We had lost track of each other and 30 years had passed since we had even seen each other.

In Feb. of this year I was sitting right where I am now,at my desk and ceiling fan in the living room with the light fixtures on it was on. It was evening and I was just typing away on the 'net. (probably on here) When suddenly a tiny extremely bright light 'fell' out of the light fixture. It was so bright it immediately caught my eye as I'm facing the light anyway. This tiny light fell half way down to the floor,then stopped and did a 90 degree turn around my desk and just stayed there. I had just lost my dog after 19 years and wondered if it might be him,though I had never had any of my animals do this after passing.

I suddenly got a very strong feeling that I should find this man I hadn't seen in all these years and wondered if he might be looking for me. He used to 'hunt' me down and surprise me for fun. I kept looking for him and couldn't find anything on the web to find where he was or a phone number to contact him. And the feeling kept getting stronger. Finally I wondered if something had happened to him with all the feelings I was getting. I found out he had passed away in Feb of this year and I was too late. I was heartbroken,but now knew he had been trying to contact me.

I have learned a couple of things from this: Don't let any type of relationship go on without contacting those you care about,stay in touch you may not get another chance.
If you love someone,TELL THEM. Life is too short,even if they don't share your feelings you at least let them know.Better that than to let it go and lose all chance with them.
Live live live. Life is not for being 'oh hold'. Its meant to be lived.
Live ,love,laugh. Problems come and go in our lives,but time leaves us in this life and we can't go back.
edit on 20-7-2014 by Dimithae because: added words

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I have had dreams of my grandfather who passed away back in the nineties. I never questioned if it was real. I just thought it was a dream that I NEEDED to have to satisfy my longing for him. After reading this thread, I think I will have to reconsider, especially the post by SugarMonkey! That was such wonderful validation, and I love the sense of humor your Uncle showed with the license plate.

All the posts are great! I'm sorry for everyone's loss. I hope hearing from them has helped each of you to heal.

S&F on the thread, Sled.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yes, it is here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My mother's sister died prematurely and unexpectedly (only 62) in the early 80s.

She was close to her sister, being her only other sibling, and was grief-stricken at her sudden death.

She would always swear that she had seen an image of her sister one night while lay in bed; she described it as an image with no sound that appeared on the bedroom wall, as though some hidden projector was playing. Also that her sister was a much younger person than when she died.

Personally, I have never had this experience myself despite both parents' recent passing, as well as a much-loved uncle when I was about 10, and a school friend when I was 7 or 8 (he was similar in age).

None of them made contact; or if they did, I didn't notice.

Why is it some people have this experience and others don't?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yes, I've heard that many people see their loved one as being in their early thirties. My Dad was much younger when I met him in that room too.

I don't know the answer to why only some people are visited. I think maybe it is because people aren't looking at the signs the spirit is sending them; they blow it off as nothing, they aren't "spiritually sensitive" enough to see/hear things, or the spirit hasn't learned how to manipulate things in their new environment yet to be able to give a sign. Who really knows?

Excellent experiences Everyone!! Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Maybe. After my girlfriend passed away some years ago I was asleep in my bed one night and felt someone sit down on the bed next to me. I could feel the unmistakable pressure of someone there. I woke up but someone seemed to tell me not to open my eyes or I would see something I was not supposed to see. I knew I shouldn't open my eyes so I didn't. I then fell asleep again. I was living by myself at the time.
Some years later I moved house and was going out with another girl. We were sitting downstairs and there was an extremely loud bang upstairs just above us. My new girlfriend went home in fright. I went upstairs with my hair standing on end to see what it was and found a cupboard door was open and some of my deceased girlfriend's belongings were in the cupboard and had fallen out, but there was nothing there that could have made this noise.
I rang my mate to say hello as I was a bit freaked out and needed to talk to someone. He is a bit psychic I think and has some very real demons of his own. He said what's up and I said "nothing". He said "bull*****. get out of there NOW. Get in your car now and get over here!" If you ever met this big biker you do what he says.
So I don't know if I was visited. I have never gotten over her death and it seemed as though she didn't understand that she had passed. In the cold light of day I am a real skeptic but stuff happens. This is not a made up story unfortunately, though I wish it was.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mindless1980

Thanks Mindless1980. I am glad that my experience could give you some validation.

You know, in regard to my dreams, my ex tried to tell me they meant nothing and that it was just my mind trying to accept the loss of my uncle. But I honestly didn't feel like it was that easily explained. Especially after the second one.

The license plate incident convinced me that our loved ones not only watch over us but pop in to say "hi" from time to time and to remind us they are there watching over us. Plus, my uncle did have a great sense of humor.

I lost my mother coming up on 2 years in August. For the first year or so after her death, I didn't have any dreams of her. The only times I had felt her presence in that first year were the night she died and the day of her funeral. But over the last few months, I have had a few dreams of her telling me she is happy and she is always with me. I have also felt her presence a couple times. My sisters and father have had dreams and felt her presence through out the last couple years. I can only guess that maybe I wasn't open to her visitations because I was still grieving terribly. I will always miss her and grieve her, but I finally feel I am at a place where it doesn't hurt as much anymore. Does that make sense?

I also have to add, one of the posters said their loved one appeared younger when they had their visitation. In both my dreams of my uncle, and the ones of my mom they both appeared younger. I wonder why that is?
xx

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My grandfather for sure. You can often tell when he is around because you can smell Marlboro cigarettes permeating the room. No one smokes or has smoked in these places. I can see him when I close my eyes through my 3rd eye. Its not a memory but a detailed image of him as he likes to appear.

My other grandparents stand off to the side, and I know why but I can sense they are there and like any parent or advisor keeps an eye out.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
my grandfather passed in 2012 while i was in college. my roommate had gone home for the weekend. the night of the passing i was distraught as i was in bed i felt my grandfathers presence i looked up and he was sitting at the end of the bed as if telling me it was going to be ok or something... and then he disappeared like a fog.

since then ive had a couple of dreams with him in it, one ive had more then once is us fishing. (one of the fondest memories i have of my grandfather, but in the dream its as it were int he present not the past....kinda like a new memory)

my aunt told me about a year after he passed that she had seen him in her house while in bed, she got up and there was a lit cigarette (winston like he used to smoke) at the kitchen table.

i have several stories of stuff ive seen when i was a kid.

my dad used to be a pastor of a church so we used to spend a lot of time there church was a small country church with about 30 members or so and about 2 miles from anything..was on a dirt road
during a play rehearsal all the kids were supposed to be on stage. my mother saw a kid go into one of the back rooms, she went to go after them to tell them to get on stage and no one was in the room.

me and my friend was in the back room of the church playing or goofing and then both of us looke up and there was a man in the doorway with an old timey outfit on ..brown jacket, brown had , had a mustache we both looked at ech other and about died lol (i was proabably 12 at the time and its still very real to me ...im 23)
lots of ghost stories about the place, next door was an old school house from the late 1800s supposedly a girl downed on the property etc etc etc

the man in the church had black eyes no whites , my grandfather didnt he looked healthy and normal in his 50s or 60s as he looked when i remember him...he died of cancer. my mother however dreamed of him and said he looked younger in his 30s or 40s like when she was a kid.

edit on CDTamv30911 by Tavg0911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join