It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed from "Gaza" (whats left of the country that was Palestine).

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So how can you justify land being stolen from people and given to people that have no rightful claim to it?

According to your logic

that part of land hasn't belonged to the Jews since they got their butts kicked by the Romans

the same way you justify it not belonging to the Jews after the Romans took it from them! Would it be ok if i said that that part hasnt belonged to the palestinians since they got their butts kicked by the Jews... would that be ok to say such a thing? yes or no?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ok, I think I can answer my own question (above). I believe they may be Red Cross volunteers. Apparently the Red Cross brokered a two hour cease fire this morning (between 9 & 11 EST) to allow Red Cross volunteers into Gaza. Brave souls, they are.

EDIT: Nevermind! That cam is showing a split screen... Gaza skyline/MH17 Memorial at Schiphol Airport.
edit on 7/20/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Both of the first two streams are up atm.

The one with the live witness, so hard to listen to...

www.ustream.tv...

www.ustream.tv...

Fresh bombings.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: gladtobehere

Im not looking for a debate here, but...

The title of the thread is confusing. Gaza is a city not a country. When was there ever a country called 'Palestine'.

I honestly dont get it!

Can you please elaborate

Yes you are correct; Gaza is a small portion of what is left of Palestine. And yes the country's name is Palestine for the last 1200 years (or so) until the Zionists colonized (with the aid of the west) and forcefully kicked out the people already living there (Palestinians). Since that time there have been many wars which have helped Israel to 'accumulate' more and more Palestinian land in the name of 'safety'. It would be as if your neighbor went to your home while you were on vacation, changed the locks and let their other family members live there because 1200 years ago some distant relative might have lived there. And if you tried to take your home back, you would be called a terra wrist or something similar….

I am sure you won't fight to get your home back….

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

the country's name is Palestine for the last 1200 years

It is not a country.... it is a geographic region south of syria with many different provinces which was named Filistin by the greco-roman empire that named it!

therefore the title is misleading and wrong! palestine was never a country!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

There has never been a Palestine ruled by Palestinians. Never.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: gladtobehere
www.ustream.tv...

I was told that this is a live feed, its actually two feeds. Every so often, an ad will pop up...

Its not of the exact same area, but the views do overlap.

In the 20 minutes or so that I've been watching, there have been 2 massive explosions.

At one point, much of the power had been cut, the view was almost completely dark.

You can hear the sounds of sirens, planes and bombings but they're not always visible.

One of the explosions looked similar to the white phosphorous chemical weapons that Israel had used before but thats just speculation (a guess) on my part, who knows...

ETA

As others have said, very eerie and sad.

That is almost certainly a "Willie Pete," white phosporus. Bad stuff to have dropped on your city.

Thats from 2009.

I love how people criticise Israel for this but ignore it in their own countries eg US use in Iraq of white phosporus;

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: gladtobehere

Im not looking for a debate here, but...

The title of the thread is confusing. Gaza is a city not a country. When was there ever a country called 'Palestine'.

I honestly dont get it!

Can you please elaborate

Yes you are correct; Gaza is a small portion of what is left of Palestine. And yes the country's name is Palestine for the last 1200 years (or so) until the Zionists colonized (with the aid of the west) and forcefully kicked out the people already living there (Palestinians). Since that time there have been many wars which have helped Israel to 'accumulate' more and more Palestinian land in the name of 'safety'. It would be as if your neighbor went to your home while you were on vacation, changed the locks and let their other family members live there because 1200 years ago some distant relative might have lived there. And if you tried to take your home back, you would be called a terra wrist or something similar….

I am sure you won't fight to get your home back….

yeah almost 80% is now Jordan.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So how can you justify land being stolen from people and given to people that have no rightful claim to it?

So when are all Americans going to move out of the USA and give the land back to the Indians?

Or is that somehow different?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

It is, actually, a bit different.

The Americas were actually run / ruled by the Indians before we got here. They have a greater claim on the land than the so-called Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

This is what people like you seem to have a problem understanding. It wasn't their nation to regain that part of land hasn't belonged to the Jews since they got their butts kicked by the Romans in the 5th century BC. The only Jews that can say the land belonged to them were the ones that was living there with the Christians and Muslims when the land was stolen and given to a bunch of Europeans. A good 99% of the Jews living in Israel have absolutely no claim to the land. So how can you justify land being stolen from people and given to people that have no rightful claim to it?

Couple of things.

1. It was Babylon that "kicked the jews butt" in 500's BCE, not Rome (Rome as a power was not established until 300's BCE)

2. After the Persian conquest of the land called Israel in ancient times, Cyrus, king of Persia allowed the "jews" to return to the land called Israel in ancient times, rebuild their temple and install a governor of Judah from Jewish nationality to rule over the land.

3. To your point however, God made it clear through his prophets, that the land called Israel in ancient times was taken away from Judah, due to their sins; and the tribes were scattered as a result. So even the God of Abraham declares the land called "Israel" was no longer to be given to the descendants of Jacob.

I just wanted to clarify a few false statements.

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't get why Hamas has started shooting rockets again? What is the point of it? They know Israel will retaliate and try to stop it. If Hamas had the military power of Israel what would they do? Since they seem to have no problem shooting unguided rockets and using their own people as human shields. I try to be impartial but if you shoot rockets at a militarily powerful country like Israel what do you expect?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Exactly: In terms of social evolution the Palestinians are definitely due a Darwin Award. They keep poking the bear in the nose and then cry victim when the bear awakes and takes a chunk of their flesh.

Until the palestinians recognize that the jews are going nowhere and decide to seek solutions that do not involve the elimination of the jewish people this crap will continue.

Stupid is as stupid does. I am beginning to question whether a society as stupid as that of the palestinians deserves to survive.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Don't forget, it's not even "The Palestinians" as a group. Within 24hrs of Morsi being removed by counter-coup in Egypt, the Palestinians in the West Bank were calling openly for a general revolt against Hamas in the Gaza Strip. It was not merely men in the street, but PLA figures speaking.

I would imagine Israel is on high alert in the West Bank, but no hostilities are occurring. No collective retribution against those 2/3rds of Palestine for the actions of Hamas as the ruling party in the other 1/3rd.

I think that the level headed among the Ramallah based Palestinian Authority could find a path to peace if it weren't for groups like Hamas that have the obliteration of Jews in Israel standing right in it's own official mission statement.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic

Don't forget, it's not even "The Palestinians" as a group. Within 24hrs of Morsi being removed by counter-coup in Egypt, the Palestinians in the West Bank were calling openly for a general revolt against Hamas in the Gaza Strip. It was not merely men in the street, but PLA figures speaking.

I would imagine Israel is on high alert in the West Bank, but no hostilities are occurring. No collective retribution against those 2/3rds of Palestine for the actions of Hamas as the ruling party in the other 1/3rd.

I think that the level headed among the Ramallah based Palestinian Authority could find a path to peace if it weren't for groups like Hamas that have the obliteration of Jews in Israel standing right in it's own official mission statement.

I agree on all counts. Well said.

If the Palestinian people were unified under moderate leadership, it would go a long way towards accomplishing a sustainable peace treaty and a two state solution.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

I hear ya, but when Hamas moves around missile launchers, ammo etc not one (that I am aware of) Palestinian reports this to the authorities.

In Jerusalem where jews and palestinians live next to each other there seems to be far fewer problems than in Gaza.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I think we're largely in agreement, but I have a question regarding the majority of normal people living in Gaza. What authorities would they report that to? Hamas isn't simply an organization in Gaza. They are the officially elected ruling Government of the Gaza Strip. It's a very small place to rule, but no one can fault them for lack of enthusiasm.

An average plumber or roofer in Gaza watching a missile being hidden would call, whom? Hamas is the Police when they are the local Government. Calling the Israelis would be so foreign to these folks, I think they consider doing nothing preferable. Probably with valid reasons too.

Also, what would Hamas fighters likely do to someone they suspected of informing authority outside their own? I don't blame the average people. Not a bit. They are as much victims as their counterparts among the Jewish civilians under rocket bombardment.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Good points, but then again, they know what the results will be when Hamas uses those missiles. Seems like a mighty incentive to call the ghostbusters, IMO.

Also..when Hamas hides stuff in their local mosque or school, why is there no outcry about that? Seems like the average palestinian should consider what Hamas's intent is in doing such things.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Those people in Gaza are "out gunned" no matter what folks believe or say otherwise. Way to go, Israel has way more relevant to weapons and all the goodies that bring about maiming, destruction and death. They have Military might. The folks in Gaza don't even have proper water and sewage and food and supplies for survival in comparison. They have been cut off from even basic needs for so long. They have what...some rusty RPGs, rocks, old guns. They don't have the air and land and naval capabilities that Israel has. Folks say they write words of hate toward Israel. And Israel does not respond in kind? What of various news footage of their leaders saying the same, their websites and newspapers and media and protocols. Their Zionist teachings. Why do folks act like Israelis are Angels and can do no wrong or say no wrong. Arabs, Jews, Russia, USA, all countries have their say and negative comments and to say or claim that Israel never does otherwise is bull. None of us are angels and ALL countries can be and are wrong and do wrong at times...no exceptions.

Gaza folks have been cut off from so many needs for so long it is amazing they aren't too weak to even resist.

A geriatric hospital in Gaza took a "hit" 2 days ago. Those old 60 yr. old folks in comas with feeding tubes/respirators...wow, what a threat!

And as to Hamas...who really is Hamas? How many "incidents" could be caused by agent provocateurs. How much "deception" takes place. Does Mossad often do "things" similar to our clandestine organizations? By way of "deception", make war?

China, Vienna, and several other peoples and countries are condemning this action on Gaza. We, the USA are championing it. Could it be...we have too many politicians in our govt. with dual citizenship. That should be stopped immediately. Either they are Americans or Israeli and if they have dual citizenship, they should be sent home already.

Who runs most of our media here? It may be well and good that there is some "live" info coming out of Gaza. Otherwise, what would we all really be knowing in reference to it all. It is a shame. Weakened civilians are being killed, out gunned, out numbered and more. They are in an open air prison. What few defensive measures they can muster up is in no way equal to what they are getting back in return. No one is an angel in this, folks in Gaza do their share but by far, not nearly are they able to respond in kind.....not by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Regarding the first part of your post: The facts are pretty much that except for the rockets being launched. That is a bit more than rusty rpgs and ak47s. Given the fact that they are highly outgunned why would they continually poke the bear in the nose? Why would they fire a couple thousand rockets into Israeli cities? Why would they send suicide bombers in? It's not like they don't know in advance how it is going to turn out...

And simply claiming false flag (it's amazing how often the terms false flag show up on ATS) is not sufficient since normally Hamas claims responsibility for their actions.

You asked who Hamas is... Hamas is running the palestinian govt currently. Hamas was borne as an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood back in 87. That is who Hamas is.

edit on 21-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join