It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Most Say Opposition to Obama Has Pretty Much Nothing to Do With Race

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hang out in a bar anywhere in the US. Losers of all kinds love to try and strangle out a slice of self worth by putting others down.

When these vermin hold some kind of power, it's just torture.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
People do not admit race prejudice. Doesn't matter who took the poll.

Of course people, especially fundamental Right Wingers, are opposed to Obama because of race, his name, and for some that he's hiding his true religious belief, Muslim.

Who you trying to convince? And why?

What I have found through the years is that when someone constantly accuses another of having a bad motive, or thought

when no one can really know another's thoughts or motives

that the person that is doing the accusing is normally quite guilty of the very type of thoughts they accuse others of thinking.

It is a psychological truth, that people project motives and thoughts onto others that they themselves have to explain the world to themselves and to justify their own thoughts and actions. However, normally the person is in denial that it is their own feelings they are projecting onto others and not the thoughts of others.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

It is a psychological truth, that people project motives and thoughts onto others that they themselves have to explain the world to themselves and to justify their own thoughts and actions.

They call it projection.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So explain to me how the EFF I am responsible for what someone else thinks, and does ?

What? I didn't say you were responsible for anything. What are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh ?

Lots of people have made blanket statements about those people who try to hold the administration ACCOUNTABLE for it's actions.

But that is totally 'acceptable'.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can honestly say at this point many who oppose this administration do so because of policy not race.

The #itscalledthewhitehouseforareason people on the other hand...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

What I have found through the years is that when someone constantly accuses another of having a bad motive, or thought

Are you speaking to me or Neo.

I personally find it laughable Neo trying to justify his political opinion of Obama by eliminating the race factor.

I was a 40 year Republican. I hung out with that mindset for many years. I'm not just jumping in from the Liberal Left.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't think it's acceptable. I am not making any blanket statements. Some do. Some don't. That's all I said. Calm yourself.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I personally find it laughable Neo trying to justify his political opinion of Obama by eliminating the race factor.

Still waiting for someone to QUOTE that 'racism'.

Anytime would be good.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I don't think it's acceptable. I am not making any blanket statements. Some do. Some don't. That's all I said. Calm yourself.

Calm myself ?

After 6 years being called a racist ?

I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Hang out in a bar in Arizona.

Funny how people will express their true feelings hanging out with their own kind.

Did you really say that? Let me think for a minute. Last time I was hanging out with 'my own kind' I was called a homophobic racist because I disagreed with Obama. I'm part Native American and a lesbian and I was accused of being a homophobic racist, simply for disagreeing with Obama. Yeah, go try that BS line on someone else.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. Baltimore Sun (26 July 1920)

en.wikiquote.org...

This is why 'race' is so effective to silence the opposition of the White House.

Hell the very name is racist ain't it ?

edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well, I never called you a racist. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call you a racist... Who's making blanket assumptions here?

You HAD to know that starting this thread would bring conflict. YOU started the thread, now deal with the fallout. If people have been calling you a racist for 6 years (here or in real life?), you're hanging out with the wrong crowd...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Still waiting for someone to QUOTE that 'racism'.

Anytime would be good.

I actually apologize for that. It didn't come off the way I meant it.

I am NOT calling you personally a racist. I actually do not think you are. I think you are very one sided on your political beliefs, but not racist.

However, I do find it laughable to make claims that a majority of Right Wingers are not Good Old White Boys, because they are.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The progressive left can slander women by belittling Palin and any other conservative woman, yet cry sexism and a "war on women" by the right.

The progressive left can slander black conservatives by names like "Uncle Tom" yet cry racism when policy isn't agreed with.

The progressive left has got to be the most racist, sexist, intolerant, judgemental, narrow-minded group of people I have ever met!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I am NOT calling you personally a racist. I actually do not think you are. I think you are very one sided on your political beliefs, but not racist.

That makes me different than the guy who was elected to 'run' this country how ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't know how it could be race when Obama is half white, so who are the people that disagree with Obama being racist towards ??

That only leaves skin color and who is to say Obama doesn't have a really good tan.

Its sad but when the truth and facts fall away and you can't debate without the opposition knowing your true agenda then all that's left is name calling, hate and ridicule.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The progressive left has got to be the most racist, sexist, intolerant, judgemental, narrow-minded group of people I have ever met!

I have to agree.

They have a more 'favorable' opinion of the religious right in the ME than they do their own countrymen.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

originally posted by: Battleline
Its sad but when the truth and facts fall away and you can't debate without the opposition knowing your true agenda then all that's left is name calling, hate and ridicule.

Quoting this, because it's so true.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join