It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Most Say Opposition to Obama Has Pretty Much Nothing to Do With Race

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Annee

I personally find it laughable Neo trying to justify his political opinion of Obama by eliminating the race factor.

Still waiting for someone to QUOTE that 'racism'.

Anytime would be good.

I actually apologize for that. It didn't come off the way I meant it.

I am NOT calling you personally a racist. I actually do not think you are. I think you are very one sided on your political beliefs, but not racist.

However, I do find it laughable to make claims that a majority of Right Wingers are not Good Old White Boys, because they are.

Seriously.

You "apologize" and then go right at it again !!!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There will always be racists until that demon gets exercised through education and or love.

Racism has been historically endemic in this society so if people sometime go about accusing others of this mental disease it’s because of that history.

People shouldn’t take offense( always screaming: race card, race card) when some people accuse others of racism since because of the history of racism and recent racist comments by many should at least convince us that it still exists and is fairly prevalent, notwithstanding a black president.

But it is wrong to view people, who don’t have any history of racism, who denounce Obama’s ideas as racist ipso facto…

I think there are sincere conservatives who just hate Obama’s liberal philosophy; sure some of them don’t like him because he’s black but it’s unfair to label one racist just because they denounce Obama on political grounds and there is no indication that they are or ever have been racist.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I personally find it laughable Neo trying to justify his political opinion of Obama by eliminating the race factor.

Anytime would be good.

I am NOT calling you personally a racist. I actually do not think you are. I think you are very one sided on your political beliefs, but not racist.

However, I do find it laughable to make claims that a majority of Right Wingers are not Good Old White Boys, because they are.

Seriously.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? I know what I actually said.

Anyway, it is laughable trying to claim race and religion is not part of the Obama opposition and hatred.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So are we 'racist's '

When we are critical of the Clintons', Soros',Gores,Schumers,Pelosi's,Franks',Dodd,Kerrys' ?

You know 'that' grand old party of 'white guys' ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Funny how people will express their true feelings hanging out with their own kind.

Funny how its not just one race that dose it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Hang out in a bar in Arizona.

Funny how people will express their true feelings hanging out with their own kind.

Did you really say that? Let me think for a minute. Last time I was hanging out with 'my own kind' I was called a homophobic racist because I disagreed with Obama. I'm part Native American and a lesbian and I was accused of being a homophobic racist, simply for disagreeing with Obama. Yeah, go try that BS line on someone else.

That is exactly the kind of thing many of us Americans are fed up with.

Being called racist just because we disagree with someones political ideas, political actions, political proposals

it is old, it is cliche and it is starting to grate at the American psyche.

The same with being homophobic as you have pointed out. I am a Christian and many say I have to be both homophobic and racist because I go to church, when neither is true. My philosophy when it comes to personal lives is that a persons personal life is just that personal and not my business.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Wow! Really!

Man thanks a lot, I had NO IDEA I was a racist........

Sure am glad you let me know........geez I better go change my party affiliation so I wont be a racist anymore!

Thats what makes you racist right, apparently, party affiliation?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Good Old White Boys, because they are

That in turn is a racist remark. But with me not knowing what race you are, so..............

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Amen, I have had that happen to me recently, there was an accusation made, that never crossed my mind, but it crossed theirs, which I found very insightful, I was like ,wow, they are either mentally twisted, or purposely trying to make me look bad.

Or both

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
[rant]
yes the NRA was formed to arm the non whites after the swivel war
so being against gun confiscation is racist?

being against fast and furious is racist?
being against amnesty for the preplanned expensive disease ridden money laundering drug mule flood at the southern border is racist?
being against Cartels is racist

being against Obama care which is designed to destroy the US is racist?

I suppose supporting minorities could be construed as racist

say:
any one notice Obama's American hating friends LA RAZA ( ...outside the race nothing!") dress like brown shirts
or is Nazi brown the new racist?

if I said: and so on: "yada yada yada" right here, would that be a racist statement or just a euphemism for etc etc etc,
even though zionist control of the Nato governments is leading to ethnic cleansing and genocide around the world?
( everyone is gods chosen people dontcha know?)
[/rant]
edit on Tuepm7b20147America/Chicago59 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Anytime would be good.

Geez,I never knew I was a "Good Old White Boy",gonna have to tell the clan!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

... it is laughable trying to claim race and religion is not part of the Obama opposition and hatred.

This is only meaningful if you think it plays a MAJOR role in such opposition. If that is the case, can you share the empirical evidence that demonstrates the actual numbers?

Otherwise at best, all you have done is to make an unfounded claim, based upon the mere existence of some racists, that has little relevance to the political concerns of many. At worst, (and this is what pisses off so many people), you've disparaged the good character of non-racist opponents of the administration (who I believe are the vast majority) and equated them with some pretty vile thinking and motives.
edit on 15-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Hang out in a bar in Arizona.

Or a redneck bar in Georgia.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Anytime would be good.

Seriously.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? I know what I actually said.

Anyway, it is laughable trying to claim race and religion is not part of the Obama opposition and hatred.

Nope. No reading comprehension problem at all.

And I think many people now know what you "actually" said too

And of course race and religion are part of the Obama opposition and hatred.

But 90% of it is a result of the Progressive, Fascist, Left Wing, Liberal Democrat twisting campaigns to cast guilt and blame on anybody that calls out the BeeEss.

They have nothing left to argue and their rebuttals are so weak.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I thought the whole idea of race was over with after we elected MR. Obama. Seems kind of a oxymoron to say we still have a racist country while electing a black president with a Black AG, 43 congressmen, and 2 senators. 4 secretaries,

If you use Obamas numbers:

Fifty-five percent of women, 93 percent of Blacks and 71 percent of Latinos voted for Obama, according to CNN exit-poll data.

During his campaign he only had 2 black members, of all 10 of his advisors, only one is black. I think he has missed the diversity hiring requirements. Now if it was a white president with these numbers they would be called racist, women hating, low incoming bashing, cracker.

Of course this is Bushes fault considering his diversity record was much better.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think most support for Obama is pretty much all based on race.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Frankly there is no reason to dislike him due to his skin color since when you get to know him there are so many more valid reasons to despise him.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Frankly there is no reason to dislike him due to his skin color since when you get to know him there are so many more valid reasons to despise him.

Too many reasons in fact.

The emperor has no game, and neither do his supporters.

Hence the race card.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Removed because what's the point.
edit on 15-7-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Neo, I think you're being too hard on the liberal left. Just put yourself in their shoes:

You would have to claim to support a person's "Right to Choose", unless they choose to buy a gun, or not buy insurance.

You would have to claim to support a person's "Right to Privacy", except in the case of the NSA.

You would have to say that a person doesn't need an ID to exercise a right like voting, but they do need one to exercise a right like firearm ownership.

You would have to assume that anyone that doesn't support Carbon Taxes wants to see the Earth destroyed, for some reason.

Unless you are already schizophrenic, being a liberal can be tough. On the other hand, calling someone a racist requires no logic, reason or proof.

And if you have people with sound arguments against your position, just lump them together with extremists. Then you don't have to deal with their arguments. Look how many times I did that in this post. Pretty easy, huh?
edit on 15-7-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join