It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Buzz explains UFO Moon sighting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is an update released this week. Ive searched and not found it here where Buzz Aldrin just a few days ago, gives an "it was not alien" explaination to what was reportedly seen during one Moon Mission.

Buzz Aldrin Clarifies Apollo 11 'UFO'
Posted by Greg at 14:37, 09 Jul 2014

One of the long-running stories in ufology touches on UFOs allegedly seen by astronauts on the Apollo Moon missions, with one of those being Buzz Aldrin's supposed confession that he saw a UFO outside the Apollo 11 spacecraft on the way to the Moon. The legendary American astronaut participated in a Reddit AMA yesterday, and during that question and answer session clarified what the 'UFO' likely was:

"On Apollo 11 in route to the Moon, I observed a light out the window that appeared to be moving alongside us. There were many explanations of what that could be, other than another spacecraft from another country or another world – it was either the rocket we had separated from, or the 4 panels that moved away when we extracted the lander from the rocket and we were nose to nose with the two spacecraft. So in the close vicinity, moving away, were 4 panels. And i feel absolutely convinced that we were looking at the sun reflected off of one of these panels. Which one? I don’t know. So technically, the definition could be “unidentified.”

"We well understood exactly what that was. And when we returned, we debriefed and explained exactly what we had observed. And I felt that this had been distributed to the outside world, the outside audience, and apparently it wasn’t, and so many years later, I had the time in an interview to disclose these observations, on another country’s television network. And the UFO people in the United States were very very angry with me, that i had not given them the information. It was not an alien."

dailygrail.com...
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So, Buzz, 40 years? It took you long enough.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, he was busy punching guys.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So we go from 40 years of Buzz letting the world think he saw a ufo (because he said so) to just now "clarifying" that it absolutely wasn't alien. What the hell is going on? "Oh did I forget to mention this whole time that we KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE SEEING?" A panel off their OWN spacecraft. I'm not buying this. He's changed his story at someone's request...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Hardly - this has been common knowledge for years. Heck, there's even a youtube video uploaded in 2006 in which Buzz is interviewed.

Another

edit on 14-7-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
So we go from 40 years of Buzz letting the world think he saw a ufo (because he said so) to just now "clarifying" that it absolutely wasn't alien. What the hell is going on? "Oh did I forget to mention this whole time that we KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE SEEING?" A panel off their OWN spacecraft. I'm not buying this. He's changed his story at someone's request...

No, he never changed his story. He just became aware that idiots had misunderstood him, so he clarified.

Sorry, no UFOs. But they went to the goddamn MOON, isn't that exciting enough for you?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

originally posted by: Snarl

Hardly - this has been common knowledge for years. Heck, there's even a youtube video uploaded in 2006 in which is interviewed.

Yeah, yeah ...

Next think you know ... he's gonna say the whole flight was staged and we never landed on the moon.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

that was Neil Armstrong...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
a reply to: abe froman

that was Neil Armstrong...

No, that was Buzz.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Now that he didn't see an alien, they will all go back to square one and believe we never went to the moon.

Poor ole Buzz can never win when it comes to conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Whether he did or did not see another craft, one thing is for sure, that man will only ever say what he's TOLD to say. You dont get to be an astronaut unless you DO AS YOUR TOLD!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Whether he did or did not see another craft, one thing is for sure, that man will only ever say what he's TOLD to say. You dont get to be an astronaut unless you DO AS YOUR TOLD!

Right. The man had the cajones to basically ride a bomb into outer space and some official is going to threaten him? Plus what a brilliant idea to wait forty years until the man is in his seventies and make it look like a heart attack.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Right. The man had the cajones to basically ride a bomb into outer space and some official is going to threaten him?

This. If you think someone who rode in a Saturn V is going to be intimidated by some pasty bureaucrat you're living on a different planet!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: Urantia1111

No, he never changed his story. He just became aware that idiots had misunderstood him, so he clarified.

Sorry, no UFOs. But they went to the goddamn MOON, isn't that exciting enough for you?

Frankly, no it isn't. It bores me. Bores me to tears. Not entertained at all by NASA's little dog-and-pony show. I'd just as soon hear the truth if it's ok with you/them.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Right. The man had the cajones to basically ride a bomb into outer space and some official is going to threaten him? Plus what a brilliant idea to wait forty years until the man is in his seventies and make it look like a heart attack.

If you believe that thing was like a bomb then its even more likely the people inside it are the type who do as they're told! Any sane free thinking person is much more likely to say - Nope, too dangerous.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Of course they went to the Moon, I have no doubt about that. UFO's or not has no relevance. No need need to patronise folk who may have other ideas though.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If you believe that thing was like a bomb then its even more likely the people inside it are the type who do as they're told! Any sane free thinking person is much more likely to say - Nope, too dangerous.

Or those inside were an incredibly smart trio who were able to handle many things going wrong, and cope with it (ala Apollo 13). Just because YOU couldn't do it doesn't mean others can't.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Buzz is high.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Buzz is the same age as my dear Mother-In-Law. She's suddenly changed a couple of stories that she's been telling for the last 30 years. I think it's age-related. Don't be surprised if he doubles back and returns to the original story.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Buzz is the same age as my dear Mother-In-Law. She's suddenly changed a couple of stories that she's been telling for the last 30 years. I think it's age-related. Don't be surprised if he doubles back and returns to the original story.

what original story? The same one as now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join