It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Ancient High Technology Of Egypt Before The Pharaohs Part 1 - 2 Brien Foerster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

OK, I will bite. Let us turn it around a bit.

What powered tool do you know that could do that.

P

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yes, Carbon dating has an error range. But the +/- is usually in tens or hundreds of years, not tens of thousands.

Carbon Dating has been around along time now, and it's a pretty solid science.

I'm a professionally qualified archaeologist, and the stuff in the video is, in my opinion, complete bunkum.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

OK, I will bite. Let us turn it around a bit.

What powered tool do you know that could do that.

P

Ha! Good question. I don't know of anything which could do that what I am saying is I highly doubt that it was done manually. How about you, how do you think it was done?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Honestly, I have seen 100 people work for one day with shovels and was amazed.

I have looked at furniture made just a few hundred years ago and wonder at the precise joints and general workmanship that far, far outclasses anything made today.

We have lost so much of the old ways of doing things. So much, it is lamentable.

Could thousands of artisans have done that ... absolutely yes!

We have lost so so much!

I don't know how old the pyramids are but I know the ....

I'm a professionally qualified archaeologist, and the stuff in the video is, in my opinion, complete bunkum.

Is in itself bunkum. They have looked at facts and drawn a conclusion. From the established facts, other just as valid conclusions, are readily available. They just refuse to go up against mainstream sheeple views because it would be very bad for the ole career.

P

edit on 13/7/2014 by pheonix358 because: commas are important too. Two wanted to jump into the text so I let them. They are happy now. Happy commas.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Honestly, I have seen 100 people work for one day with shovels and was amazed.

I have looked at furniture made just a few hundred years ago and wonder at the precise joints and general workmanship that far, far outclasses anything made today.

We have lost so much of the old ways of doing things. So much, it is lamentable.

Could thousands of artisans have done that ... absolutely yes!

We have lost so so much!

I don't know how old the pyramids are but I know the ....

Is in itself bunkum. They have looked at facts and drawn a conclusion. From the established facts, other just as valid conclusions, are readily available. They just refuse to go up against mainstream sheeple views because it would be very bad for the ole career.

P

There are millions upon millions of massive stone blocks on the Giza Plateau all shaped and placed with precision that's not the work of slaves who supposedly did it by hand no way.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

"All" that you would need to do that is water, sand, and a heck of a lot of string and time. The Egyptians had all of these. Rock is very workable when you have plenty of time and man-power.

ETA: It's also great that stone blocks that are "perfectly straight" are proof of power tools (etc) but ones a metre away that are a degree or two off are the result of water erosion. Why don't more people see through this kind of inconsistent nonsense?

Plus, why is it so amazing that flat surfaces have been worked on granite? These people have clearly never tried to work stone - you can rough-out a shape in granite with a similarly hard stone such as flint/chert fairly quickly, and then smooth it with a slurry and check straightness with a line of string. Easy it aint, but it's certainly simple.

edit on 13-7-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

"All" that you would need to do that is water, sand, and a heck of a lot of string and time. The Egyptians had all of these. Rock is very workable when you have plenty of time and man-power.

ETA: It's also great that stone blocks that are "perfectly straight" are proof of power tools (etc) but ones a metre away that are a degree or two off are the result of water erosion. Why don't more people see through this kind of inconsistent nonsense?

Plus, why is it so amazing that flat surfaces have been worked on granite? These people have clearly never tried to work stone - you can rough-out a shape in granite with a similarly hard stone such as flint/chert fairly quickly, and then smooth it with a slurry and check straightness with a line of string. Easy it aint, but it's certainly simple.

You think this was done with water sand string and time?

s15.postimg.org...

And this is just a fraction of whats there.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

There are millions upon millions of massive stone blocks on the Giza Plateau all shaped and placed with precision

What a crock.

"Shaped and placed with precision," eh?

When did you last have your eyes checked?

Harte

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You are being disingenuous, i was clearly talking about the sheared wall if you follow the small trail of posts.

But if some one wanted to make stone blocks that way then yes, they could - though they had more efficient techniques for that particular product.

In fact they could saw limestone blocks with a plank of wood if they wanted to.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
And how about this the unfinished obelisk at Aswan -

s30.postimg.org...

Whatever made those marks is the technology that was used.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

But but but, that's clearly mathematically perfect, Youtube told me so!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Don't deal with my points then or discuss them, i'll just deal with yours. Those are marks from hammer-stones and are seen worldwide at megalithic sites. The keyword you used is "unfinished". In the finished article these would have been smoothed off - bloody obvious.

This is why i usually stay away from these subjects, i don't come here to educate someone from the ground up.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I have always thought this because the tools in the so-called builders graves are not for moving huge slabs of rock, they are for engraving or embellishing it with their master's egos.

I think originally these constructions were not embellished and claimed by anyone, they were simply there in their magnificence and pure beauty, a part of the elegant landscape of the people who originally constructed them.

I suspect we have had some catestrophy that wiped out most of society and we simply had to start over with a few left from the educated classes. If we had some form of flood or catastrophe precious little would be left of our modern construction today but I suspect the ancient stone ones would still be standing.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

If you would not mind, look up 'Cathedrals' on wiki and just have a look at the scope of some of the huge ones in Europe. Look at some of the castles as well. They were all done with hand tools and the work, especially the statues, are quite amazing. Most of them were built over just a few decades with reasonably small work forces.

Slaves in the ancient world were not just untrained minions. Most had some sort of trade and it does not take that long to train people in stonework.

With a huge work force anything is possible.

P

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: JamesTB

There are millions upon millions of massive stone blocks on the Giza Plateau all shaped and placed with precision

What a crock.

"Shaped and placed with precision," eh?

When did you last have your eyes checked?

Harte

Yeah look at this shoddy work so fine water couldn't pass through it -

s30.postimg.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Don't deal with my points then or discuss them, i'll just deal with yours. Those are marks from hammer-stones and are seen worldwide at megalithic sites. The keyword you used is "unfinished". In the finished article these would have been smoothed off - bloody obvious.

This is why i usually stay away from these subjects, i don't come here to educate someone from the ground up.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. That gap is over 10 feet deep do you really think that obelisk was hammered out with stones I mean really?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You are deflecting from a failed point once again and switching focus to something else. You said "all", and Harte showed you about 100, 000 blocks that are far from precise and you chose to ignore that. At this point i'd like to say i'm out but it's getting entertaining.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You are deflecting from a failed point once again and switching focus to something else. You said "all", and Harte showed you about 100, 000 blocks that are far from precise and you chose to ignore that. At this point i'd like to say i'm out but it's getting entertaining.

No I'm not deflecting at all its difficult to keep up with all the posts and replies. If you believe that the Great Pyramid is not a work of great precision then good luck with that because is so clearly is.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Seeing as the tools have been found and are widely documented, and that similar tools have been observed being used, and that Egyptian art shows the use of hammerstones, chisels, flint knives etc etc sp we know what tech they used; the answer is quite obviously yes, i am serious and i do know what i am talking about.

Are you suggesting that four thousand years ago or more humans used a variety of super advance power tools (and i dont mean pump drills and copper saws) for which we have no documented evidence or material remains? You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Seeing as the tools have been found and are widely documented, and that similar tools have been observed being used, and that Egyptian art shows the use of hammerstones, chisels, flint knives etc etc sp we know what tech they used; the answer is quite obviously yes, i am serious and i do know what i am talking about.

Are you suggesting that four thousand years ago or more humans used a variety of super advance power tools (and i dont mean pump drills and copper saws) for which we have no documented evidence or material remains? You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

No I'm not as I don't believe they were built 4000 years ago and I defiantly don't believe that those tools were used. I don't know how anyone can look at this stuff and say with a straight face that stones and chisels were used to produce them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join