It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this just happened....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I was sitting in my room relaxing and I hear my son, 13 mths laughing. He has been in bed for about an hour now so I thought it was odd he was laughing because I haven't heard a peep since he went down. I get up to check on him and when I see his door I see LIGHT under it. I open it and the LIGHT IS ON!! The switch is in the "up" position and the light is on. I get a chill down the back of my neck, shut the light off and close the door.

Now before this I was getting this odd smell like something cooking or smokey like. I know from previous paranormal experience this could mean something, and by something i mean entity of some kind, is present. I didn't feel threatened by it but I did get the typical chills on the back of my neck and this feeling of something being there. I do not sense anything now.

It is weird too because lately my son has looked down the hall and laughed and put his hand out and waves, which is what he does to people he sees or meets. I thought he was just being a typical toddler but NOW I wonder if he actually sees something.

About 5 mths or so ago I had an experience with a dark figure in my room. I wasn't asleep yet and I was facing the window in my room. I rolled over and there was a dark shadow figure standing right by my bedroom door. I screamed but couldn't move. It disappeared and I of course was slightly freaked out. I had my window open so my scream echoed across the pond. I am surprised nobody called the cops! My dog was hiding in the closet too when this happened, something he has NEVER done and hasn't done since.

I just wanted to share this here. I haven't shared many of my experiences on here but those who know me know I have had quite a few. I have never felt threatened by any of them though. I usually just tell them to go away but I was taken aback by it having to do with my son.

Thank you...

Oh and no the light wasn't on already. I turned it off when I put him to bed.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Your 13 month old son is a genius and is having a laugh

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Your 13 month old son is a genius and is having a laugh

HAHA if only.

If he got out of his crib and floated to the light switch well then darn he is an alien baby

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Children often see ghosts and other entities that adults cant see ..
Since he was laughing sounds like the one he saw is friendly and was probably playing with him as they will at times .

Seen it a few times over the years ..

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Be vigilant and watch your sons behavior and attitude. Not trying to scare you but sometimes these spirits start out friendly and turn. You will sense it if your home starts to have an oppressive feel to it and your son stops laughing and becomes withdrawn and scared.

Regardless, apparently your son has a gift!

The fact you said that you smelled odors is pretty much all I needed to hear that you have some kind of spirit manifestation.

Check into the history of the home you are living in if you haven't already done that also. It could easily be a harmless entity.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Children often see ghosts and other entities that adults cant see ..
Since he was laughing sounds like the one he saw is friendly and was probably playing with him as they will at times .

Seen it a few times over the years ..

Yea I had my fair share as a child too. My mom just told me I was seeing things, I however will never think that if he tells me he has a "Friend."

It has been laughing at night lately, late. I just thought it was him being a 13 month old, now I wonder.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The ability to perceive these things, regardless of what it is, seems to run in families. Is it an inherited hallucinatory disorder, or is there something going on genetically that allows some families to perceive something real that many others can't ? Maybe this, maybe that. I have had some odd experiences. I have lost friends that had these experiences with me and seemed to be suspicious that I was somehow causing it. I'm glad I don't live in a time or locale where I could be accused and executed for being a witch.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Be vigilant and watch your sons behavior and attitude. Not trying to scare you but sometimes these spirits start out friendly and turn. You will sense it if your home starts to have an oppressive feel to it and your son stops laughing and becomes withdrawn and scared.

Oh you aren't scaring me. I know negative entities can take the form of something innocent to lure a child. I haven't sensed anything negative so far. I have in the past but not in any of my homes just in other peoples. I usually get a tad nauseous and dizzy and the smell is BAD!

So far my son is all giggles and smiles. My animals haven't acted weird either, just that one time the dog acted weird with the dark figure. My cat practically lives on the porch but i may just bring her in tonight.

Regardless, apparently your son has a gift!

The fact you said that you smelled odors is pretty much all I needed to hear that you have some kind of spirit manifestation.

Check into the history of the home you are living in if you haven't already done that also. It could easily be a harmless entity.

I had the same experiences as a child and I even have had them as an adult but nothing like when I was a kid. My mom says my sister and brother never claimed such experiences, just me. The house I lived in as a kid was old and haunted as was the one next door. There was an Indian burial mound two streets over as well. My sister and I use to sit on top of it with our blankets and "feed the Indians" as we told my mom when she caught us one day. We were like 7 or 8. We would pour juice on the top of the mound and bury food in it. My mom of course forbid us to do it again after she caught us. When I see that mound now I just smile.

I live in an apt building so I don't know how i could check the history. They are about 30 yrs old.

Thanks for your reply

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
thats normal time .. grandson is bout year older than your son and has one visit latenight like that wakes up son and daughter in law laughing when it visits him . Last year when was visit Id set few candies on a plate for the one that visits grandson.
Its not caused any harm just drops in to play..
try leaving a few candies for it ..

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The ability to perceive these things, regardless of what it is, seems to run in families. Is it an inherited hallucinatory disorder, or is there something going on genetically that allows some families to perceive something real that many others can't ? Maybe this, maybe that. I have had some odd experiences. I have lost friends that had these experiences with me and seemed to be suspicious that I was somehow causing it. I'm glad I don't live in a time or locale where I could be accused and executed for being a witch.

Yea if this was during the Salem Witch Trials I'd have been burned for sure.

Funny thing is when I speak to my Aunt about my experiences she says my mom acknowledges them but when I mention them to her she denies it. It is very weird. I know my mom has seen spirits as a kid herself. My dad I do not know since I have no contact. If my sister does she isn't talking, same with my brother.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

thats normal time .. grandson is bout year older than your son and has one visit latenight like that wakes up son and daughter in law laughing when it visits him . Last year when was visit Id set few candies on a plate for the one that visits grandson.
Its not caused any harm just drops in to play..

Ha that is cute. Yea lately he has been giggling in the middle of the night. I thought nothing of it until tonight.

I will try the candies. Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Do you have a camcorder or a way to record over the room one night? Do it in a way to keep you and your child's anonymity but maybe get video of something or the light turning on by itself. It could also help you solidify what's going on.

Do you have a passed relative or friend that would be interested in visiting your child?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Man, i just woke up ive been sleep for it feels like thousands of years. My brother came woke me up at 19:33 military time and he turnt the light on... Similar weird story because the ceilings are high and my light switch was broken... Wondering how he did it??
edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Do you have a camcorder or a way to record over the room one night? Do it in a way to keep you and your child's anonymity but maybe get video of something or the light turning on by itself. It could also help you solidify what's going on.

I don't really have anything that could record over night no. This is the first time the light thing has happened, if anything else happens I will get something to record or move my iMac to his room and record.

Do you have a passed relative or friend that would be interested in visiting your child?

My father in law passed away almost 3yrs ago, my Nana 7yrs and a good friend passed away suddenly back in March.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000
Man, i just woke up ive been sleep for it feels like thousands of years. My brother came woke me up at 19:33 military time and he turnt the light on... Similar weird story because the ceilings are high and my light switch was broken... Wondering how he did it??

I can't really tell if you are serious or being sarcastic.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I open it and the LIGHT IS ON!! The switch is in the "up" position and the light is on.

Now before this I was getting this odd smell like something cooking or smokey like.

I'd be more concerned that something electrical is going on.
If you are using a new florescent bulb in an old fixture, it can turn on. It can also cause a burning smell. Also, if you didn't switch the light all the way off, the rocker can spring back into the on position sometimes hours later. I would definitely look for the source of the burning though, and I'd make sure your fire alarms are in working order to be on the safe side. Always eliminate the obvious and mundane before jumping into the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That sounds spooky to me. We just have ancient friendly spirits here, they don't do much other than to try to communicate with us. It seems the weird dreams don't happen if your head is not facing north when you sleep for some reason. I have no clue as to why that is.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Some cultures in South America leave a pouch of tobacco and a little liquor out for them.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Sorry but I have had enough experiences with the paranormal in my life to know this was nothing electrical. I have had this smell before something happens many times before.

The light switch itself is just fine. I don't use the new bulbs. I hate them and they cost too much. I did turn it off all the way. This isn't the first time in my life I've had light switches turn on on me either. I lived in a place where it happened so much it started to freak my bf out when he was alone. I just learned to live with whatever was there, then one night his grandfather came to him on the porch. He was never freaked again and our lights never came on or off on their own again.

The fire alarms are all new and work just fine. The place I live is maintained in an excellent manner.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That sounds spooky to me. We just have ancient friendly spirits here, they don't do much other than to try to communicate with us. It seems the weird dreams don't happen if your head is not facing north when you sleep for some reason. I have no clue as to why that is.

I remember reading something awhile back about the direction your head facing while sleeping. I don't remember what site it was but it was quite interesting. I think I was looking up fungi shui and came across it. It had a lot of information about bed positioning and everything.

Of all the experiences I've had in my own living space none have ever made me feel threatened, just startled.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join