It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poverty is big business...maybe this is the reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Poverty is big business. Could this be the big reason for this influx of illegals at this particular time for this particular White House administration? I have to wonder if these illegal immigrants are being used to line the pockets of certain political supporters with government funds through government grants all in the name of "Humanitarian Aid". This may sound a bit far-fetched, but follow me for a minute, then follow the money and research how government grants are made to certain organizations, foundations, and so-called non-profits to "assist" the poor and the "at risk" populations.

Why is it that even though We Taxpayers have thrown hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars into programs, initiatives, housing, education, government grants, and any number of other "development programs", the very areas that these astronomical sums of money are supposed to help are still cesspools of poverty and crime.

It seems that the major beneficiaries of all this funding are the owners, developers, and program directors that build and maintain the public housing or get grants to initiate these so-called White House Neighborhood Revitalization Initiatives. Valerie Jarrett, Obama's Senior Advisor, is one that comes to mind with her involvement in Grove Park Plaza in Chicago and also Habitat Company.

We have several national locations called Promise Neighborhoods. This is a United States Dept. of Education program. Promise Neighborhoods

The agency for the one in LA is called Youth Policy Institute
YPI

According to their website, they also receive funds from "non-profits" such as AmeriCorps and the National Council of LaRaza. Something tells me that a lot of these illegals will wind up in a Promise Neighborhood.

I'm not saying that nothing at all gets done with these funds. Every website you go to that is involved in these programs and initiatives will tell you how many people have been helped by such-and-such program and they show happy pictures of happy kids and teens who have supposedly benefited from the wonderful programs and services they provide. I looked at the calendar of events for YPI this month and most of it was for free boxing! That's right! Boxing! That's got to be worth a few million dollars, I guess.

Back to the Promise Neighborhoods. According to Wiki, funding for fiscal year 2011 increased to $30 million; funding for 2012 increased to $60 million. Funding for fiscal year 2013 had not been finalized but was expected to be between $60 million and $90 million. I wonder what they have in mind for 2014, 15, and 16!. I'm sure the request will be for hundreds of millions, no doubt, to take care of this "recent humanitarian crisis"....these "at-risk" kids and teens.

So take a look at who the real money beneficiaries are for these huge government grants for these huge government programs. Who is really getting most of the money and who or what is most of this money really funding and supporting?

The Democratic Party absolutely NEEDS poverty to stay viable. The so-called Progressives absolutely MUST have a population that depends on government from cradle to grave, otherwise they would be out of "business". They do just enough with the money to be able to say that they are helping these underprivileged neighborhoods and providing necessary services, but yet, it seems to be the developers, organizers, foundations, contractors, and administrators that truly reap the benefits.

I may be off the mark, but I just believe somebody's pockets are about to be lined pretty heavily using this current "humanitarian crisis" or some political promises are about to be cashed in. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" as good ole Rahm said.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The Democratic Party absolutely NEEDS poverty to stay viable. The so-called Progressives absolutely MUST have a population that depends on government from cradle to grave, otherwise they would be out of "business".

So your hypothesis is that if poverty didn't exist then everyone would be a conservative? Gosh. That would be like me saying that if it wasn't for stupidity, greed and sociopathy, there wouldn't be any conservatives.

Or lets try this:

If it wasn't for the conflation Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein following 9/11, there would have been no war in Iraq which has cost us well over a TRILLION FRIGGIN DOLLARS (in fact with the expense of Afghanistan, we're well over 2 trillion). Therefore, it's obvious that the GOP was behind 9/11 so that Haliburton could make far far far more than $90 million.

I don't actually believe that the GOP orchestrated 9/11, but hey, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."
edit on 2014-7-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nope. That was not my hypothesis.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oops. You edited and added after my reply.

I would actually like to discuss the OP topic rather than 9/11, Al Qaeda, Haliburton, etc.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Nope. That was not my hypothesis.

Sure it is. Also, while I'm at it. Are you saying that the GOP and conservatives don't create or benefit from similar programs? What "business" do you think the GOP is in?

Seems to me that Republican governors and state legislatures are more than happy to receive all sorts of funding, particularly those giant block grants that they are given to fund the programs their state governments administrate.

Secretly all Democrats?
edit on 2014-7-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Illlegal immigration is subtly (or not so subtly) encouraged because the AMERICAN PEOPLE need to be brought to a lower standard of living before the NWO can move forward....

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I see that my next to last paragraph caused you some angst to the point that you are blind as to what this topic is really about. Republican politicians are as guilty as anybody when it comes to cronyism lining of pockets. Does that admission ease your knee-jerk defense of Dems enough to actually discuss the "business" of poverty?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Seems to me that Republican governors and state legislatures are more than happy to receive all sorts of funding, particularly those giant block grants that they are given to fund the programs their state governments administrate.

Secretly all Democrats?

It's no big secret that the highest crime areas and highest poverty strickened areas all vote Democrat.

The "Republican" States that are trying to solve the problems also have highly compartmentalized Democrat voting districts within their wider jurisdictions.

You would think after decades, the Democrats would have come up with solutions that work by now.

So I agree that the Democrats *NEED* poverty and crime to survive.

How much much "Money" does it take to fix something anyway?

edit on Jul-12-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Also, antediluvian, I'm not saying all these do-good programs are 100% bad, nor am I implying that they should not exist nor be readily available to communities and states. I'm talking about the built-in graft and corruption of said programs and how politicians....yes, especially Democratic politicians....use these programs to line their own pockets.

I would be interested to hear if anybody here on ATS has ever been helped in any way by one of these Promise Neighborhood initiatives or actually known someone that has. edited to add: And I'm not talking about Boxing lessons.
edit on 12-7-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You make some good points to consider.
Whenever a new president takes office, those who contributed to his campaign get high-paying positions of power, vastly increasing their wealth...

Life-long friends with small companies get government contracts worth millions...

New government programs are created to 'help' humanity, but the funds seem to mainly go for anyone closely tied to current officials to create a company designed to 'fill the need'.....and little $ is left for the actual operation of the 'business'...

It appears to be a way to financially enrich and reward a 'connected' few....

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The Democratic Party absolutely NEEDS poverty to stay viable. The so-called Progressives absolutely MUST have a population that depends on government from cradle to grave, otherwise they would be out of "business".

So your hypothesis is that if poverty didn't exist then everyone would be a conservative? Gosh. That would be like me saying that if it wasn't for stupidity, greed and sociopathy, there wouldn't be any conservatives.

Or lets try this:

If it wasn't for the conflation Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein following 9/11, there would have been no war in Iraq which has cost us well over a TRILLION FRIGGIN DOLLARS (in fact with the expense of Afghanistan, we're well over 2 trillion). Therefore, it's obvious that the GOP was behind 9/11 so that Haliburton could make far far far more than $90 million.

I don't actually believe that the GOP orchestrated 9/11, but hey, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

LOL...you dont even make it hard to destroy your pathetic attempts at white washing for the dems.

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan were both parties BTW, and the terrorists attacking had nothing to do with the guy in the white house.

Nice attempt but you messed up by skipping parts 3 through 17 in the rules for radicals.

You went to fast, thus showing your hand, now all will see exactly how "partycentric" you are.

You are suppossed to move slowly so they dont notice.

As for the rest of this post...........garbage is the world that comes to mind most.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That is exactly right. I'm reminded of Valerie Jarrett and her public housing ownership and then, of course, Nancy Pelosi's husband's company receiving some big government contract recently.

Then there is the Clinton Foundation. Oh yeah...Chelsea quit her high paying job to go to work for her daddy's foundation. Don't get me started on that one!

Does anyone else think this illegal "women and children" and young teens fiasco is anything else but a way to ask We The People for yet more funding so the gov't can move these folks into areas, get them on some fast track, then sign them up as Dem voters. Remember, you can register when you sign up on the Obamacare exchanges! The "volunteers" will assist you gladly.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I see that my next to last paragraph caused you some angst to the point that you are blind as to what this topic is really about. Republican politicians are as guilty as anybody when it comes to cronyism lining of pockets. Does that admission ease your knee-jerk defense of Dems enough to actually discuss the "business" of poverty?

Of course, it's just a knee-jerk defense of Democrats if I point out that no party is singularly responsible for or has supporters standing to benefit from these types of programs. Now you're back-pedaling and saying that Republicans are "just as guilty as anybody" which in no way appears in the OP and quite to the contrary:

The Democratic Party absolutely NEEDS poverty to stay viable. The so-called Progressives absolutely MUST have a population that depends on government from cradle to grave, otherwise they would be out of "business". They do just enough with the money to be able to say that they are helping these underprivileged neighborhoods and providing necessary services, but yet, it seems to be the developers, organizers, foundations, contractors, and administrators that truly reap the benefits.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

LOL...you dont even make it hard to destroy your pathetic attempts at white washing for the dems.

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan were both parties BTW, and the terrorists attacking had nothing to do with the guy in the white house.

Nice attempt but you messed up by skipping parts 3 through 17 in the rules for radicals.

You went to fast, thus showing your hand, now all will see exactly how "partycentric" you are.

Riiiiiiight. This entire thread is purposely "partycentric" and what I did, since you were too busy rushing to point how "partycentric" I am (I know you are, but what am I?! lol), you missed the point completely. I was offering up two purely partisan and entirely speculative hypotheses to create a juxtaposition which would illustrate how ludicrous the OP's assertions were. See:

That would be like me saying

I don't actually believe that the GOP orchestrated 9/11

Is everyone who you disagree with a "radical?" Are you going to name drop Saul Alinsky now?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's no big secret that the highest crime areas and highest poverty strickened areas all vote Democrat.

The "Republican" States that are trying to solve the problems also have highly compartmentalized Democrat voting districts withing their wider jurisdictions.

Cool. Thanks for demonstrating that the topic is merely an superficial attempt at validation of dogmatic partisan concepts!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

A refreshing voice of reason, thank you.

I have been saying "follow the money!"

Here in South Texas, it's Castro (mayor of San Antonio) being newly- appointed to HUD as Secretary.

MANY are saying Castro who is young, handsome, and smart WILL be the "face of the Decocratic Party" in the not too distant future.

It's San Antonio being appointed one of those "Promise Areas"

It's the 1000's being "held" at Lackland AFB where currently there are "groups" such as you cite offering free legal assistance and staring protests at the gate.

You got it!

edit on 12-7-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: irishchic

A refreshing voice of reason, thank you.

I have been saying "follow the money!"

Here in South Texas, it's Castro (mayor of San Antonio) being newly- appointed to HUD as Secretary.

MANY are saying Castro who is young, handsome, and smart WILL be the "face of the Decocratic Party" in the not too distant future.

It's San Antonio being appointed one of those "Promise Areas"

It's the 1000's being "held" at Lackland AFB where currently there are "groups" such as you cite offering free legal assistance and staring protests at the gate.

You got it!

Thank you, Irishchic. I was so hoping this topic discussion would not turn into the kind of argument antediluvian is trying to steer it toward. I, too, think we should watch carefully where the money is flowing, to whom it is flowing, and who is actually controlling the spigot.

Watch carefully how Obama and his minions use this latest "humanitarian crisis". While we are all arguing back and forth, up and down, and sideways about amnesty/no amnesty, comprehensive immigration policies, border security, etc. etc., they are busy planning the money flow. Who are going to get the lucrative government and private GRANTS?

I have to wonder if all the slick websites portraying all the shiny smiling faces of kids and teens who have supposedly been helped are hiding just another Grove Park Plaza scenario.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Our community-organizer-in-chief knows the game all too well, imo. While our taxes go up and the IRS turns into a din of thieves and liars, our hard earned dollars are treated like they are an endless supply of cash for nothing more than slush funds for cronies and politicians, imo.

Food for thought about waste in these so-called community development initiatives:

Read it and weep

I hope we are watching where this new batch of "at-risk" population will be spread out to. Let's see just who are getting new grants and government funds to provide their housing and other services. Then, if there is any way to track it, let's watch the actual use of this funding. Metaphorically speaking, do we really need another boxing gym?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well well well....look what I found this morning.

Secrecy in housing illegals

Why has there been so much damn secrecy regarding this whole issue! We need to call our reps and senators and demand they get to the bottom of it!
edit on 13-7-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join