It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four kids, two adults shot dead near Houston

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
apathy and more apathy.

Go ahead, blame me, get angry at me. I didn't kill anyone, but go ahead, blame me.

6 people dead. celebrate your victory gun rights people. 6 more to the body count.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Stop being so edgy; you're scaring the children.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Go ahead, blame me, get angry at me. I didn't kill anyone, but go ahead, blame me.

No one here is blaming anyone except you.

Everyone else places blame on this squarely on the shoulders of the person that committed this crime.

YOU blame everyone else.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Appalling demonic behavior to say the least. SAD And now he gets to stay (for now) after forcing his ignorance upon innocence.

GOD BLESS those attacked by his hands of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No one is blaming you, but we certainly could start. Would you like us to call the police and tell them that you were involved with these murders?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

And yet, no one thinks maybe if this guy didn't have access to a gun maybe things might have turned out better?

Oh, but we can't do that can we?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Some may think but if determined to distribute demonic ignorance they WILL find a way, sadly HauntWok...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

And yet, no one thinks maybe if this guy didn't have access to a gun maybe things might have turned out better?

4th reply in the thread:

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

No law of any kind is going to stop one from murdering another. If someone wants to kill another the tools are all around. 3000lb blunt trauma a.k.a. a car, knife, bat, hell if someone can throw it, swing it or get enough force behind it the end result is still the same.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I asked for your plan on that a while back.

Still waiting.

ETA, Without a plan you're just shouting "I need money! I need money!" over and over again while remaining poor. You can repeat yourself until you're blue in the face but until you come up with a concrete plan, specific and mapped out, you're just coming off as crazy and hurting whatever cause it is you are trying to champion.
edit on 10-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is what happens when you employ logical fallacies (such as arguing from emotion) to try to bring people over to your cause. Instead of using Logical Fallacies and fear, try using facts and Logic, and you might get somewhere a bit faster. This is most true at this website of all places. Most of us are quite keen at the use of these techniques to try to push an agenda, hell the government has been using these for all of my life.

Yes, people died. Yes, a young teen will have to live with this for the rest of her life. Yes, a gun was used. The one thing that the OP just doesn't understand is that at this point in our world, YOU WILL NEVER GET RID OF ALL THE GUNS, period, that is all, the end. Criminals will hoard them to try to come out on top or the hill, gov (of all nations) will hoard them for defense, aggression, land wars, leveling wars. Hunters will hoard them to feed their families. Guerrillas will hoard them to push their ideologies.

This is something that the "gun grabbing crowd" refuses to see. "Oh, think of the children. we need to ban all guns to keep them safe!" I say, train everyone to use rifles, like they did in high schools back in the 50's. Issue firearms to everyone, train them in the guns use, maintenance, and marksmanship until that gun is a part of you. Will this stop violence, no. But, everyone will think twice to 20 times before committing any kind of criminal act for FEAR of getting shot.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Gee another bait thread from another anti-gunner. Go figure.
It never ends.

Peace.

link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I guess, but i find the apathy appalling.

All these shootings, and what do we get from the pro gun crowd?

Nothing to see here, nothing to do here, all's fine, guess if they didn't wanna die they should have had bigger guns!

link   

So, murders don't happen without firearms????

And before you even try, firearms don't make it easier.

Arson is much faster and cheaper. Gas is readily available everywhere.

You are dishonest.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Nothing to see here, nothing to do here, all's fine, guess if they didn't wanna die they should have had bigger guns!

Care to show where this is stated?

The only group of people sweeping things under the rug is the Govt and Progressives.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Skada stated it in this thread, give everyone a gun.

cause apparently some people don't suffer from mental illness.

I don't know, maybe keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill might help.

edit on 10-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I gave you a plan of action on the previous page but you ignored it to spew your rhetoric. Here it is again along with the link I pulled it from:

For examples, there are numerous controlled studies demonstrating that school-based counseling and violence prevention programs are effective at teaching students how to resolve conflicts and problems without resorting to violence. Prevention must begin early to be most effective.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Now I'm all for more education, many studies prove that the more educated a person is, the less likely they are to commit violent crime.

I also think that mental health evaluation should be mandatory for gun owners.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There have been countless threads about solutions.

There have been suggestions even in this thread.

But this isn't about solutions.

This is about a concerted effort to eliminate firearms from law abiding people. The OP doesn't want to discuss severe laws, better mental health access. He (she?) just wants guns eliminated from the populace. This is a very narrow-minded approach. But it isn't about safety. It isn't about security.

It's about control.

The OP is of the mind-set that the government knows how to keep you safer than you do. He wants to cede control and responsibility to the government.

It's apparent from his abusive disregard about the loss of life and the fact that the case isn't even 24 hours old and he is using it to push his agenda for more governmental control.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No, there have been countless threads where the pro gun crowd has shouted down the reasonable gun control crowd.

They parade out the second half of the second amendment, they spout off the declaration of independence as their personal licence to kill.

All we are asking for its reasonable gun control legislation.

And we get nothing but push back from the pro gun crowd.

So yeah, this horrible crime is your victory pro gun crowd. Why don't y'all go celebrate?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Skada stated it in this thread, give everyone a gun.
cause apparently some people don't suffer from mental illness.
I don't know, maybe keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill might help.

Is that all you got from my post. "Give every one a gun."
Wow, that is narrow minded (and using propaganda techniques reminiscent of totalitarian regimes. Attacking the weakest part of a statement.) Yes, employ better mental health, education, counseling. You forgot my other points (conveniently or the more worse - purposefully). When you "ban" guns, only criminals will have guns. So go ahead and ban guns, just don't come crying to me when your house is robbed at gun point (which you WILL want to have one at that point unless you are great with a bow or slingshot).

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join