It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Armed “International Security” Personnel Now Arresting American Citizens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Looks like somebody has invented something called a “Business Improvement District” that allows private company provided security that has the power to arrest people within said zone and apparently on public property.

An article points out some alarming details.

Makes people wonder if this is some kind of global agenda in its infancy ?

The story claims that over 1000 of these "Zones" exist in the U.S. alone.

I'm sure there's a responsible explanation somewhere.

Very recently I came across a scenario in the streets of Hollywood, California. The big scene seemed a bit striking to the average person walking by as it was the middle of the day in a crowded busy Hollywood street. A closer look caused me to be even more intrigued – there was a gentleman being arrested. He was in handcuffs and surrounded by three or four armed officers. Or were they really officers?

A closer look surprised me even more. The “officers” were not police. They were not Sheriff’s department or California Highway Patrol (CHP). They all wore a logo on their sleeves and a logo on an otherwise unmarked car that read “Andrews International Security Services” nothing else. They otherwise had all black uniforms and all were armed like police officers, looking scary and aggressive.

After getting a photograph of their logo (which earned me a dirty look from them) and investigating them with the LAPD, I was told by an LAPD officer that this private security company is part of a program called “Business Improvement District” (BID). The officer explained that they’ve been putting these security entities on the streets for at least a few years to his knowledge. Ultimately, the officer agreed with me that this was a very serious situation saying it was a “very interesting” concept in light of the Constitutionality and legality of it.

Why Are Armed “International Security” Personnel Now Arresting American Citizens?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A private security firm? Like the ones that provide security for gated communities and hospitals etc?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth

A private security firm? Like the ones that provide security for gated communities and hospitals etc?

I would hope that's all this is.

But these "Business Zones" apparently include public property.

And it's possible the "Security Firms" have some local police authority ?

Can you elaborate ?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
UK. I recently spotted a job vacancy for security guards that offered "Hand cuff training"

Its part of the agenda! This is why all NWO countries are allowing mass immigration. Those immigrants wont think twice about arresting us.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of when reading the description you posted was "Pinkertons". Private security has been since the Civil War, if not longer. Maybe it's just a new competing company.
I wish they included more of the scenery around the guy being arrested, and what he did. The observer might have fell across someone invading a film shoot, for all we know.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Wait, are you telling me rent-a-cops can now arrest me?
edit on 9-7-2014 by freetheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ok, well there's not a lot of details that can be backed up in that piece (intentionally?)

but it is all written out in the training manual: California BSIS... pg 13 if you care to read that far.

security guard/proprietary private security officer’s AUTHORITY to make a citizen’s arrest. (Penal Code §841)

I skimmed it but I thought I saw some distinction in terminology, detaining, not arresting - things like that.
edit on 9-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi
Ok, well there's not a lot of details that can be backed up in that piece (intentionally?)

but it is all written out in the training manual: California BSIS... pg 13 if you care to read that far.

security guard/proprietary private security officer’s AUTHORITY to make a citizen’s arrest. (Penal Code §841)

In the uk anyone can make a citizen’s arrest...if the villain allows it! I can say "I am arresting you bla bla" but I cant lay a single finger on them. Is it the same where you are?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

That explains some of it.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Essentially, yes... though I would guess there may be some "parameters" that are location/state specifice. Another words, I have no idea if it's carte blanche...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That could make sense if it was on Federal land, is Hollywood owned by the FEDS?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Great! It's only a matter of time until We the People have our own security guards with scary equipment and we go arrest Bush and Cheney, and the other Bush, and Rummy and Obama and the rest of the gang(s).

After all, 'The Constitution Be Damned' is a foregone conclusion.

Too bad there won't be another State of the Union for a while, that's always a perfect opportunity for mass arrests. For inciting something illegal or lying to us since at least 1963, if we really need an excuse, although 'abject traitor' works too.

Then we start by waterboarding them all, whilst telling them that the 'other guy' sang like a canary, and they better 'fess up or they'll never be able to talk to a lawyer, and will end up in orange jumpsuits while we find out what's in all those redacted Top Secret documents we paid for but know nothing about.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It looks like this type of thing has been happening for some time now:

Executive Summary - COPS - Department of Justice

Importance of Collaboration. Private security addresses crimes and public safety issues that law enforcement cannot handle alone because it lacks the human resources, mandate, or technology. LE-PS partnerships have existed for 30 years, but the need for LE-PS collaboration became more evident after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. With 85 percent of the nation’s critical infrastructure owned by the private sector,3 police and private security must work jointly to protect these resources as well as to address other crime problems.
emphasis mine

What would armed and trained forces need to be doing that police forces do not have a mandate to do?

edit on 9-7-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed tag

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

A quick investigation into Andrews International Security Services reveals this man's interaction with them. They seem like real nice, "smart" self thinking individuals. Typical in-security guards. But then it got interesting when they start asking about his patriotism and why he's taking pics of military personnel...which apparently was news to him.

(mostly audio, some video, a good amount of typed info to fill in the gaps)

Sadly he isn't far from my hood.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So they are just private citizens? If your carrying you can just open fire if they come at you armed then right? If you are cuffed by this company did you surrender to the law or to force?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi
Yes, you're absolutely correct, and here in Arizona to.
Actually, Securitas is a World Wide Security Company and Pinkerton is part of them, They and Allied Barton have Armed Security Training and at some sites you are authorized to carry a side arm or rife or both and Apprehend and Detain for the Authorities to pick up.

Some nuclear plants use private security and their armed.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
That was a good video, even though it sent shivers down my spine. It would seem we do have to be very careful.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: freetheuniverse

Wait, are you telling me rent-a-cops can now arrest me?

Yes but its not constitutional and therefore its one of those colors of law, corporate law things that are null and void at conception, don't exist at all, and are illegal to enforce. But that doesnt seem to stop them or people from insisting the criminals step down from office that allow this and be tried for treason.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

Big difference between private armed security, and a private organization that has been given policing authority. I have a local super market that stages an armed guard in the front, they have never been robbed. But if im across the street from that market and I throw a piece of trash on the ground, I seriously doubt any security guard would come over and cite me.

What we have here is an organization that has been deputized or whatever, given authority to revoke another mans freedom, detain and physically restrain under their understanding of the law, or color of law.

When policing activity is outsourced, there is no accountability. Whereas local police are held to a elevated standard by the community which they serve, because they usually (should) live in the community they are serving (at least it should work this way).

Just my $0.02

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I've always wondered, "What happens when 'it' goes bad?"

ETA: Wasn't able to watch the video. I think it was blocked over here in Korea.
edit on 1072014 by Snarl because: ETA

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join