It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Armed “International Security” Personnel Now Arresting American Citizens?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: xuenchen

With 85 percent of the nation’s critical infrastructure owned by the private sector,3 police and private security must work jointly to protect these resources as well as to address other crime problems.

Now that is just a scary quote and should generate some anxiety in any citizen. If 85% of the "nation's," meaning people's infrastructure is owned by the private sector, there is one hell of a serious problem! It means that Russia, China, Al Queda, ISIS, Iran, North Korea or any other group that may have a hostile agenda can collectively buy 85% of the infrastructure which everyone depends on and which was probably initially paid for with US money and taxes. Wow, just Wow!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/10.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I imagine these guys are arresting vagrants and people squatting on the streets, they do this in many large cities when they have problems with people breaking into condemned buildings and squatting there. Or homeless people living in alleys and in public places. It's annoying when you live or work somewhere and its rife with vagrants and people squatting because some people wont go to areas like that and it ruins the storefronts and people who are trying to make a living in those areas, not to mention the people who live in houses and apartments legally there and get annoyed by the crime and panhandling and associated violence that can perpetuate. Sucks but that's reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

From the article.

A business improvement district (BID) is a defined area within which businesses pay an additional tax (or levy) in order to fund projects within the district’s boundaries. The BID is often funded primarily through the levy but can also draw on other public and private funding streams… BIDs provide services, such as cleaning streets, providing security, making capital improvements, construction of pedestrian and streetscape enhancements, and marketing the area.

Doesn't that sound like a mafia protection racket to you? The mafia is still here, they've just changed tactics. Taxes, Levies..."Pay up, or we won't repair your streets." They infiltrated and taken over the Treasury Dept AND IRS. (I say that only half jokingly)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well, some quid pro quo is in order, I think.

ATS Security Services.

We'll protect you from;
MIB
Abductions
Crop Circles
Chemtrails
Democrats
Republicans
Labour
Tory
Christians
Muslims
Atheists
Reptilians
Miley Cirus

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Wait, most of you are perfectly fine with armed citizen militias arresting elected officials.

But companies can't? Even though thanks to some of yall we now have citizens united.

How is that NOT hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The good news is if you are hassled by Andrews Intl guys, you can bet they are disgruntled and hate their job.

www.seiu.org...

They owe their employees millions in back wages and unsettled claims. From reading reviews of the company it sounds like they are really unpleasant to work for.

These aren't super-goons with extrajudicial powers and high tech govt equipment. These are just guys trying to make it through college, working for a company that doesn't pay them enough.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
hasn't anyone been paying attention?...business and wealth are the prime suspects behind most of this....look at recent supreme court decisions, the great recession, hobby lobby, oil spill in the gulf, fracking, corps. that employ mercs used in the middle east, oil war in Iraq and Afghanistan, unions being busted, offshoring jobs, lower top rate tax cuts, etc.......while one hand is doing the magic, the other hand is robbing you blind.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... - a thread by budski and here is another thread on ats that answers a few questions: www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's as a result of the so-called terrorist attacks of 9/11 - check this site out: projects.washingtonpost.com... - here are some snippets:

* Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States. * An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances. * In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings - about 17 million square feet of space.
projects.washingtonpost.com...

Andrews International Government Services (AIGS) specializes in security service solutions for government and commercial entities that require cleared security officers in support of Department of Defense contracts. Headquartered in metropolitan Washington, DC since 1984, AIGS has evolved over the years from its origins as “Vance Security/Vance International” to become a national security company focused on government clients and government contractors who need cleared resources.
www.aigovernmentservices.com... -

this company is considered to be the largest in the world: G4S www.g4s.us... -

G4S Secure Solutions (USA) is an American security services company, and a wholly owned subsidiary of G4S plc. It was founded as The Wackenhut Corporation in 1954
en.wikipedia.org...

i'm not so sure there is a future for local law enforcement officers: stands to reason: www.cops.usdoj.gov...

besides i'm sure the privet sector security personnel are paid much higher wages - wouldn't you think -

It is clear that the challenges facing America as a result of the economic decline that began in 2008 have been significant . Law enforcement communities are facing a new reality in American policing—one that requires a shift in the methods they use to uphold levels of service while dealing with ever shrinking budgets . However, the importance of maintaining and expanding community policing practices during this time of economic hardship is paramount .
www.cops.usdoj.gov...

References Acosta, Roberto . 2011 . “Burton officials to rehire two laid-off police officers with reworded COPS grant . ” Flint Journal July 18 . www . mlive . com/news/flint/index . ssf/2011/07/burton_officials_to_bring_back . html . Adams, Paul . 2011 . “Arizona police force turns to civilian investigators . ” BBC News April 5 . www . bbc . co . uk/news/world-us-canada-12754776

edit on 10-7-2014 by musselwhite because: because i wanted to

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Need more info though.

Handcuffing does not equal arresting. It is detaining.

Can these guys issue citations, process people into jail, enforce local laws?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Here is a link to a local Downtown Improvement District in Reading, PA.

They have 'ambassadors' that help keep the place looking nice and report crimes.... but they are unarmed.... so far.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

That is freaky...think even like blackwater or whatever they are named now....add all those groups up and you are talking about hundreds of thousands of well trained mercenaries...if you had the money you could instantly buy an army, and with the way laws are manipulated daily and from case to case corporations could rule the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

That 'are you patriotic?' question and the followup afterwards is straight out of Nazi SS playbooks. Chilling. And what the hell kind of military exercise is being done out of an old call center in Nova Scotia???

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Security Management

Here is another article outlying a bit of the relationship between LAPD and BiD Security. This is sad news. Once again people sacrifice their freedom and constitutional rights for security.
edit on 7/10/2014 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

In the uk anyone can make a citizen’s arrest...if the villain allows it! I can say "I am arresting you bla bla" but I cant lay a single finger on them. Is it the same where you are?

Not true. You can use reasonable force in order to arrest someone, just like a police officer. The main difference between police and citizen powers of arrest, is that a citizen has much tighter restrictions on the circumstances under which they can arrest someone, and the steps that need to be taken.

The biggest difficulty for a citizen's arrest (apart from most citizens not knowing what offences are actually indictable, as a CA can only be carried out for this category of offence) is the confusion - you've not got a police uniform or warrant card to flash around, so it's very easy for the scrote's friends to give you a kicking and successfully claim self-defence because they "thought you were some random stranger launching an unprovoked attack on their friend".
edit on 10-7-2014 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Need more info though.

Handcuffing does not equal arresting. It is detaining.

I'm interested to know (as I'm in a different jurisdiction) what the difference is between the two in your jurisdiction?

The word "arrest" means "to stop", or now more commonly "to detain", so for many people you would be considered arrested from the point that you are no longer free to walk away - the use of handcuffs is simply a way to enforce this against people who are not willing to comply, it is not the actual arrest itself.

Based on your comment, I assume that there is a different definition in the US? Or does it differ at a state level?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Detaining is different from an arrest in that when you're arrested, you're charged with something and taken to jail. You can be detained without being arrested.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Even a law enforcement officer as well as any private individual may make an arrest, but just like the private arrest is made so must the peace officer go before a magistrate judge to book the person of charges that they must articulate before the judge. The judge then issues bail and a date for the arraignment.
At the time of arrest you must know the legal charges you are bringing against the person and tell that person what they are being charged with.
If you are not a sworn officer of the law, you may face charges, or if a sworn officer makes an arrest outside the SOP's he may face civil as well as criminal charges his self because of a 1967 supreme court decision.

"I am not giving legal advice, only my opinion."

I have been retired for some time now and many laws may have been changed.

I would say first check with an attorney before doing anything of a legal nature.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Arrest means to charge with a crime, and either cite and release or process into jail.

Detain means to stop.

Detain and interview is to stop and ask questions. This is usually were Miranda Rights are given.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Doesn't that sound like a mafia protection racket to you? The mafia is still here, they've just changed tactics. Taxes, Levies..."Pay up, or we won't repair your streets." They infiltrated and taken over the Treasury Dept AND IRS. (I say that only half jokingly)

That's a good point.

Government Mafia.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Wait, most of you are perfectly fine with armed citizen militias arresting elected officials.

But companies can't? Even though thanks to some of yall we now have citizens united.

How is that NOT hypocritical.

Confucius say...

It's about who throws the first stone.

Not who gets hit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join